ODLH going Savage mode

For some reason I was expecting to see him light up Gatti when I clicked on this thread. But prime ODLH was a monster and put. Beating on plenty of guys.

One of the best I've ever seen from 130-140. I pick him to at least draw vs PBF at the lower weights.
I think he's one of the most underrated boxers.

Man vs child right there, is that Jesse Jame Leija?? Forgot how big Oscar was at 130-135, but I do remember the buzz he created back then, love him or hate him he revived boxing in the late 90’s after Tyson

Man vs child right there, is that Jesse Jame Leija?? Forgot how big Oscar was at 130-135, but I do remember the buzz he created back then, love him or hate him he revived boxing in the late 90’s after Tyson
that was the criticism, that he was beating up on smaller men, i thought it was bullshit, if you can make the weight, you're a lightweight. He wasn't the only 5-10 lightweight in history, most of the ones i've seen took ass whoopings. I always thought DLH had a psychopathic streek in him, just from the look in his eyes when he was in the ring, no warmth, no intelligence, just a void, he proved me right with his ensuing behaviors over the years, fortunately, he never did anything too bad.

For some reason I was expecting to see him light up Gatti when I clicked on this thread. But prime ODLH was a monster and put. Beating on plenty of guys.
Funny, as I was watching that clip I was sort of reminded of Gatti/Gamache because of the size mismatch.

that was the criticism, that he was beating up on smaller men, i thought it was bullshit, if you can make the weight, you're a lightweight. He wasn't the only 5-10 lightweight in history, most of the ones i've seen took ass whoopings. I always thought DLH had a psychopathic streek in him, just from the look in his eyes when he was in the ring, no warmth, no intelligence, just a void, he proved me right with his ensuing behaviors over the years, fortunately, he never did anything too bad.
He accomplished enough against guys closer to his size, though.

As for not doing anything bad, he had several rape accusations.

ya, i'm aware of those seano, but considering the psychopathy i saw in his eyes, i wouldn't have been or be surprised if he did some monzon type shit. that was just the impression i always got from him. the rapes that he did, wrong as they were, didn't sound violent, they sounded like underage type shit, still wrong but not the overpowering type thing that we really think of when we think of rape. then, of course his wacky crossdressing shit, then the drugs, ya, not too stable a guy.

ya, i'm aware of those seano, but considering the psychopathy i saw in his eyes, i wouldn't have been or be surprised if he did some monzon type shit. that was just the impression i always got from him. the rapes that he did, wrong as they were, didn't sound violent, they sounded like underage type shit, still wrong but not the overpowering type thing that we really think of when we think of rape. then, of course his wacky crossdressing shit, then the drugs, ya, not too stable a guy.
I read up a little on the guy and its sounds like his father was borderline abusive. People with dad issues grow up to be weird like that.

ya, his dad was fucked. i never liked him, i was saying before anyone else did that he was a phoney, even though i thought he was a good fighter. One thing I'll say about RJJ, i always loved him as a person, a beautiful guy, not so with oscar, but guess what? out of those two, I'll bet you oscar has a more successful remainder of his life, he synchs up better with capitalism.

ya, his dad was fucked. i never liked him, i was saying before anyone else did that he was a phoney, even though i thought he was a good fighter. One thing I'll say about RJJ, i always loved him as a person, a beautiful guy, not so with oscar, but guess what? out of those two, I'll bet you oscar has a more successful remainder of his life, he synchs up better with capitalism.

Maybe. He seems to have some fairly serious addiction issues, though.

I read up a little on the guy and its sounds like his father was borderline abusive. People with dad issues grow up to be weird like that.
You read right, Oscar’s dad is a big douche, people near him have told me things, very controlling of Oscar, sleeps around with women half his age, and has a big gambling problem, many suspect its his son’s money he gambles.

Maybe. He seems to have some fairly serious addiction issues, though.
That’s the key point. Serious addiction issues make you do stupid shit you would never dream of.

This is the first I'm hearing this. He never struck me as a psychopathic kind.
To me he just seemed like a guy who was always a little emotional. His mother was so important to his life, he lost that and he lost a big part of himself.

He got swept into the 'high life' a little more than he should so he dabbled with coke, which led to an addiction. He has one of those personalities and seems very vulnerable and unknowledgeable of life in general.

Essentially he was learning the hard way. I don't make much of rape accusations because I believe in the whole 'innocent until proven guilty thing' and a lot of women will want to cash out or even get famous by turning that into a drama.

I wouldn't be completely surprised though if he had a girl over, he got high and is too weird and too eccentric when high, which made the girl feel uncomfortable, especially when he was telling her he wants to dress as a woman and have objects inserted into his ass...
<WellThere>....it doesn't sound too unreasonable if you also consider that athletes take all kinds of PED's which can have a few psychological and hormonal effects, amplified by a cocaine high.

Remember the whole DLH and Judah drama because Zab was locked in a cellar with no water or nothing?
The look on Oscars face when he stormed that stage haha

Remember the whole DLH and Judah drama because Zab was locked in a cellar with no water or nothing?
The look on Oscars face when he stormed that stage haha
no, i never heard nothing about that shit.

This is the first I'm hearing this. He never struck me as a psychopathic kind.
To me he just seemed like a guy who was always a little emotional. His mother was so important to his life, he lost that and he lost a big part of himself.

He got swept into the 'high life' a little more than he should so he dabbled with coke, which led to an addiction. He has one of those personalities and seems very vulnerable and unknowledgeable of life in general.

Essentially he was learning the hard way. I don't make much of rape accusations because I believe in the whole 'innocent until proven guilty thing' and a lot of women will want to cash out or even get famous by turning that into a drama.

I wouldn't be completely surprised though if he had a girl over, he got high and is too weird and too eccentric when high, which made the girl feel uncomfortable, especially when he was telling her he wants to dress as a woman and have objects inserted into his ass...
<WellThere>....it doesn't sound too unreasonable if you also consider that athletes take all kinds of PED's which can have a few psychological and hormonal effects, amplified by a cocaine high.
i always thought he was a phoney, he looked like an angel so he could get away with a lot of dirt. Anyway, he came along when i was still young and idealistic, so, i didn't like he wasn't like most of my other heroes, champions who actually understand that they represent something much bigger than themselves, he was all about self which is just the times we live in. I always felt like champs of the past knew that they had a responsibility to a community, Joe Louis felt like shit when he lost to schmeling, not just because he lost but because he let his people down. I could never see oscar feeling that way.

man, that's a bad line to read without context.
well, ya, i guess so, but don't you think it's different and might you not have sympathy if some girl lied to a guy and he screwed her when she was 15 when she said she was 20 or something? it happens and it's nothing like the dynamic of waiting in some bushes to beat the next woman senseless and assault her spirit. I don't know what happened with oscar, he probably knew what he was doing though, he did it in mexico so there were issues making it hard to prosecute but I don't think he ever went out of his way to deny it. Anyway, what some women are beginning to call "assault" and "harrassment" is a good way to make sure they find themselves old and alone.

Back