NRA's Dana Loesch hosts bizare video featuring Thomas & Friends characters in Klan hoods

Like I said before, the NRA is just a right wing propaganda machine. They aren't even hiding it.

From the Sept 7 episode of Dana Loesch's fake news show, they had a segment about "Democrats trying to undo the election" , then a segment about a prosecutor in STL not taking cases from certain cops, and then this weird thing where she (Dana) is Triggered by a train from a cartoon.

https://www.nratv.com/episodes/relentless-season-1-episode-107

Yet some people still pretend like they are just a 2A rights group. What a joke.
“Propaganda machine”?

I prefer the term Proactive Rights Activists for The Betterment of the Country.

So only the left is allowed to make satire? Is that it?

Every single word she spoke in this advertisement is 100% accurate.

Not to mention she’s smoking hot!

They are coming. They are coming for us. Who are they? They are not us. We need to stop them.

Lol.

This country is in trouble if that video is actually the mindset of a significant amount of people.

I kinda hear you there. I mean nobody probably would have had an issue with it if it had always been that way. Just like nobody would have had a problem with female ghost hunters or black secret agents, rather with the change of an established character or concept.

The NRA piece is still pretty off the rails here, and I also don‘t see why this is a topic they would comment on.
Re. bolded
Thing is that if a show is always just regurgitating itself, it gets kinda dull . To feature new locales and engines keeps kids interested. For a kid to see the savannahs of Africa with its iconic animals would be exciting/interesting , a change from the usual English countryside.

As others have said, what has Thomas the Tank engine featuring foreign trains got to do with the 2nd amendment. It wouldn't be unsurprising if Fox News or Glen Beck created this narrative since they focus on culture wars, but NRA TV doing this makes no sense.

Have they got Glenn Beck as creative director?

Dana Loesch and the NRA are mad at the creators of Thomas the Tank engine and Friends for inserting some racial , gender and location diversity into the program , namely creating 2 female locomotives, one being a Kenyan loco called Nia .

c4100b71857a763ae9ae405287d1d25c.jpg

-

I am pro 2nd amendment but this segment by the NRA is just bizarre and wacky. What was the point of superimposing some Klan hoods on the locos?

DANA_LOESCH.png

-

And there have been female locos in the series before. What is wrong in adding some more, because little girls also watch the program and to keep the program interesting , they have to introduce new characters and locales. Adding other locals makes the program more interesting.

Below link has the NRA TV video segment
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...thomas-characters-kkk-makeover-171427832.html

I do not get the argument that Loesch makes, that you can't introduce ethnicity into the program cause they are trains and trains don't have ethnicities. Well trains don't have eyes , mouth, lips and can't talk either.... Has Loesch ever heard the word Anthropomorphic.

I’ll say that that kind of cringy tokenism always strikes me as a useless sop to low-brow progressivism. It does nothing meaningful to help anyone and is there just to give progressives something to signal their virtue with. That said, I have no idea why it’s any business of the NRA.

I’ll say that that kind of cringy tokenism always strikes me as a useless sop to low-brow progressivism. It does nothing meaningful to help anyone and is there just to give progressives something to signal their virtue with. That said, I have no idea why it’s any business of the NRA.
The newest GhostBusters is cringy tokenism, this one doesn't feel that way at all. It's just about keeping the program interesting. In the 80s there were cartoons with non-White characters, like Bravestar, and people weren't making a fuss about it being a progressive agenda being pushed covertly.

Mad Max: Fury Road has a powerful female lead character, but unlike Ghostbusters, it works very well for the movie. So having females or ethnic characters isn't necessarily tokenism.

They are coming. They are coming for us. Who are they? They are not us. We need to stop them.

Lol.

This country is in trouble if that video is actually the mindset of a significant amount of people.
Notice she didn’t promote violence against those “coming for us”, though. It’s all about fighting, legally, for our 2A.

Notice she didn’t promote violence against those “coming for us”, though. It’s all about fighting, legally, for our 2A.

She used comically overblown fear monger propaganda tactics.

The newest GhostBusters is cringy tokenism, this one doesn't feel that way at all. It's just about keeping the program interesting. In the 80s there were cartoons with non-White characters, like Bravestar, and people weren't making a fuss about it being a progressive agenda being pushed covertly.

Mad Max: Fury Road has a powerful female lead character, but unlike Ghostbusters, it works very well for the movie. So having females or ethnic characters isn't necessarily tokenism.

See, I think most people have a fundamental misunderstanding of the kind of company Thomas and Friends actually is. Several years back I had dinner with the venture capitalist who, at the time owned the franchise. As my kids were preschool aged I was interested in the topic and got an enlightening picture of the company. While it’s true the show is based on a series of children’s books and was originally formulated as a media property, it has been traded off from one investment group to another for decades and, today, is a very different business model.

The company’s primary product today is not children’s entertainment but toys, amusement parks and licenced merchandise. For years those shows have been, first and foremost, commercials to sell wooden train sets and park tickets. Any interest they have in molding young minds is tertiary at best. When they come up with characters like this, they aren’t introducing an idea, they’re introducing a product. Likely one that millions in R&D has gone into and that they’re confident they can profit from. While I have little doubt the actual show producers, writers, directors, voice actors, etc. are personally progressive (as most in entertainment are) and in favor of these characters for their own reasons, those producers are still fundamentally making television commercials for toys the property owners believe they can sell to mostly-white progressive parents.

Have they got Glenn Beck as creative director?

Dana Loesch and the NRA are mad at the creators of Thomas the Tank engine and Friends for inserting some racial , gender and location diversity into the program , namely creating 2 female locomotives, one being a Kenyan loco called Nia .

c4100b71857a763ae9ae405287d1d25c.jpg

-

I am pro 2nd amendment but this segment by the NRA is just bizarre and wacky. What was the point of superimposing some Klan hoods on the locos?

DANA_LOESCH.png

-

And there have been female locos in the series before. What is wrong in adding some more, because little girls also watch the program and to keep the program interesting , they have to introduce new characters and locales. Adding other locals makes the program more interesting.

Below link has the NRA TV video segment
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...thomas-characters-kkk-makeover-171427832.html

I do not get the argument that Loesch makes, that you can't introduce ethnicity into the program cause they are trains and trains don't have ethnicities. Well trains don't have eyes , mouth, lips and can't talk either.... Has Loesch ever heard the word Anthropomorphic.

Yeah . . . I'm an NRA life member and usually a fan of Dana, but in this case I'm not sure what point she's trying to make . . .

Back