NRA's Dana Loesch hosts bizare video featuring Thomas & Friends characters in Klan hoods

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Have they got Glenn Beck as creative director?

Dana Loesch and the NRA are mad at the creators of Thomas the Tank engine and Friends for inserting some racial , gender and location diversity into the program , namely creating 2 female locomotives, one being a Kenyan loco called Nia .

c4100b71857a763ae9ae405287d1d25c.jpg

-

I am pro 2nd amendment but this segment by the NRA is just bizarre and wacky. What was the point of superimposing some Klan hoods on the locos?

DANA_LOESCH.png

-

And there have been female locos in the series before. What is wrong in adding some more, because little girls also watch the program and to keep the program interesting , they have to introduce new characters and locales. Adding other locals makes the program more interesting.

Below link has the NRA TV video segment
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...thomas-characters-kkk-makeover-171427832.html

I do not get the argument that Loesch makes, that you can't introduce ethnicity into the program cause they are trains and trains don't have ethnicities. Well trains don't have eyes , mouth, lips and can't talk either.... Has Loesch ever heard the word Anthropomorphic.

Forced progress is 100% guaranteed to generate unity.
It's not forced, no one is forced to watch Thomas....
There have been many cartoons in the 80s and earlier with ethnically diverse characters and locations. Artistic creators do it partly to keep a program interesting and exciting. It gets a bit dull to see the same English / Welsh countryside every episode.

Last edited:
It's not forced, no one is forced to watch Thomas....
There have been many cartoons in the 80s and earlier with ethically diverse characters and locations. Artistic creators do it partly to keep a program interesting and exciting. It gets a bit dull to see the same English / Welsh countryside every episode.

Poor Thomas was forced. Diversity and multiculturalism was introduced in the 60's-70's. People just didn't know what was going happen.

Rightwing culture warriors are fucking insane OP.

Hope this helps

Have they got Glenn Beck as creative director?

Dana Loesch and the NRA are mad at the creators of Thomas the Tank engine and Friends for inserting some racial , gender and location diversity into the program , namely creating 2 female locomotives, one being a Kenyan loco called Nia .

c4100b71857a763ae9ae405287d1d25c.jpg

-

I am pro 2nd amendment but this segment by the NRA is just bizarre and wacky. What was the point of superimposing some Klan hoods on the locos?

DANA_LOESCH.png

-

And there have been female locos in the series before. What is wrong in adding some more, because little girls also watch the program and to keep the program interesting , they have to introduce new characters and locales. Adding other locals makes the program more interesting.

Below link has the NRA TV video segment
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...thomas-characters-kkk-makeover-171427832.html

I do not get the argument that Loesch makes, that you can't introduce ethnicity into the program cause they are trains and trains don't have ethnicities. Well trains don't have eyes , mouth, lips and can't talk either.... Has Loesch ever heard the word Anthropomorphic.
I'm just curious but are there any other ethnic trains originally? I've seen the show with my kids a lot and I don't remember any culture being pushed at all. They were just trains doing train things showing human emotion with train problems. No white or American, European culture... just faces on the trains.

Wonder why the change?

I don’t have a problem with this (the introduction of female trains, not putting them in Klan hoods). My three year old son loves Thomas and friends, in particular Percy, who’s name my son pronounces “pussy” <Lmaoo>.

Anyway, my ten month old daughter is starting to show an interest in Thomas so when she’s older I could see her appreciating girl train characters. Plus as far as I know they’ve had female engines for more than ten years now, so who fucking cares? Anyone that has a problem with this is seriously unhinged in my opinion.

Of course they are going to introduce characters.

A friend of mine has bought I think about 20 trains for her kid. I think it's excessive but I'm sure the manufacturer has no issue.

Stunning thing to get upset about.

I'm just curious but are there any other ethnic trains originally? I've seen the show with my kids a lot and I don't remember any culture being pushed at all. They were just trains doing train things showing human emotion with train problems. No white or American, European culture... just faces on the trains.

Wonder why the change?

Hiro is of course Japanese
There is a Russian, Gregor or something.

I'm currently in Latvia and it's not very multicultural, but is more so than Thomas and Friends.

Emily and Sophie are the only girls I can think of.

Wonder why the change?
The new train isn't an ethnic train per see, the locomotive is just a locomotive from Kenya. I have watched dam near all the series, while babysitting nephew/neices. Bought them dam near all the locomotives and rolling stock. It's no different than featuring an American locomotive or an Australian locomotive. This being a British program, it isn't a surprise they would feature trains from their ex-colonies . The Brits have always been more aware of the world outside than Americans, who tend to be more insular.

There are plenty of folks who are into Model Railroading who don't focus on the trains of the country they live in, because they find other locomotives and locales more interesting or they just want to model something distinct.

Like I said before, the NRA is just a right wing propaganda machine. They aren't even hiding it.

From the Sept 7 episode of Dana Loesch's fake news show, they had a segment about "Democrats trying to undo the election" , then a segment about a prosecutor in STL not taking cases from certain cops, and then this weird thing where she (Dana) is Triggered by a train from a cartoon.

https://www.nratv.com/episodes/relentless-season-1-episode-107

Yet some people still pretend like they are just a 2A rights group. What a joke.

Last edited:
Not only is this an absolutely nonsensical and completely unimportant thing to complain about....its even weirder that the outrage piece was sanctioned by a gun rights lobby.

And as far as the fictional animated trains go, this isn't even the first "ethnic" train. They've had a train from Japan, Mexico to name a few. Makes sense from a marketing perspective (going international).

So why the problem now? Why is there a problem at all?

But the biggest question is: How is a kids show even on the radar? They're a gun rights lobby. What does the introduction of a new train character on Thomas the Tank Engine have to do with the 2A???

Gun rights lobby my ass...

Bunch of weirdos I tell you...

Not only is this an absolutely nonsensical and completely unimportant thing to complain about....its even weirder that the outrage piece was sanctioned by a gun rights lobby.

Between this broad and the Russian spy I'm tempted to say the leadership there is thinking with their peckers.

I saw this earlier. I thought it was The Onion.

Only a product of incest would have problems with the foreign trains.

And at least some of them (and maybe all) are based on actual trains from that particular country. For example Hiro is based on a Japanese train.

The right wing has the audacity to ask why people think they're backwards and racist

Just more proof the right wing are the biggest snow flake pussies coating my car wind shield during the winter months.

Back