NRA Busted Breaking Campaign Finance Law

He's actually factually wrong. This violated the law. Citizen's United did nothing to overturn parts of §201 and §330. The very parts NRA is alleged to have violated regarding individuals running for federal office.

So no his analysis is not much closer to correct. He's actually wrong.

Just so we all know your stances completely, you're 100% fine with any illegal campaign finance activity right? I'm sure you think Cohen's guilty plea shouldn't stand and that he pleaded to something that isn't a crime too. Right?

It's astounding that even when confronted with the applicable sections of law and how the case did nothing to affect it, you're still too much of a hack to admit any wrongdoing

I hate CU more then anyone here I think. With that said, I see what Cubo is saying.

If you can strike down the McCain-Fiengold campaign finance law by claiming money is protected speech, then why isn't a 501C4 Pac receive the same speech protections?

Really it just shows what a shitty and flawed decision CU is. Every justice that voted for that should be removed from the supreme Court.

"This action violated the law."

"You're wrong! It absolutely did not!"

*Shown incontrovertible evidence that the law was violated*

"Well it's a bullshit law! Shouldn't even be on the books!"

Nobody cares.

We know that you dont care about laws as long as it's your team breaking them. And we know that you dont care that the NRA is basically a state sanctioned Republican propaganda machine.

We know that you dont care about laws as long as it's your team breaking them. And we know that you dont care that the NRA is basically a state sanctioned Republican propaganda machine.
What law is being broken, and how?

We know that you dont care about laws as long as it's your team breaking them. And we know that you dont care that Unions are basically a state sanctioned Democrat propaganda machine.
How is your statement any different since I changed it

Keep in mind union employees are paid to campaign for individual canidates as well as advertise for them

What law is being broken, and how?

Nonprofit's can't coordinate directly with a candidate. Rosendale is suggesting content (supreme court nominee), then a week ago the NRA filed with the fed election commission that they spent a little under $400k on him and ran an ad about supreme court nominees.

It's pretty clear imo. Apparently from what I've read is that this Rosendale fella is no stranger to straddling the line on campaign finance.

How is your statement any different since I changed it

Keep in mind union employees are paid to campaign for individual canidates as well as advertise for them

But but but Democrats! Have any Democrats and nonprofit dark money groups illegally coordinated together? If so feel free to start a thread about it, and quote posters literally saying they dont care about them breaking the law.

Until then I'd say stick to the topic instead of deflecting.

But but but Democrats! Have any Democrats and nonprofit dark money groups illegally coordinated together? If so feel free to start a thread about it, and quote posters literally saying they dont care about them breaking the law.

Until then I'd say stick to the topic instead of deflecting.
So the “we all know you don’t care about laws as long as your team wins” is a one way street

So the “we all know you don’t care about laws as long as your team wins” is a one way street

I asked you to show where that has happened and to start a thread so we can discuss it. Do you have sources of that happening?

Take your derailment to another thread if so.

Why would anyone believe the NRA after they just got busted working with Russian spies.

How fucking dumb are you people.

Nonprofit's can't coordinate directly with a candidate. Rosendale is suggesting content (supreme court nominee), then a week ago the NRA filed with the fed election commission that they spent a little under $400k on him and ran an ad about supreme court nominees.

It's pretty clear imo. Apparently from what I've read is that this Rosendale fella is no stranger to straddling the line on campaign finance.

Seems pretty clear if you're extraordinarily biased.

I asked for a specific comment that entails these coordinated funding schemes. The law you guys believe is being broken isn't being broken, here. This is weak circumstantial evidence-- at best.

Planned “parenthood” says hi...

Well, I don’t like it. However I understand that’s how Washington (dis)functions.
And when you get caught you deal with the consequences, unless a R when you whine like a bitch," wah,wah, the laws not fair!"

Yep. Just like laws against threatening/attacking people with weapons aren't a violation of the right to keep an bear arms. That doesn't really pave the way for any law one can conceive of, does it? The existence of laws against fraud and perjury in no way justify laws against the coordinating of political campaign advertising.

Price fixing is coordinating to fix prices. Insider trading is coordinating to buy or sell in breach of trust. There are lots of things that cannot be coordinated in a legal way, and there is always a reason for it.

Back