Now You Fools Finally Get It: Demetrious Johnson is the GOAT

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Bow to the king.

demetrious-johnson-a-casualty-of-hyperbole-fatigue-size-ism-and-his-own-greatness.jpg

You misspelled DC.

As far as I'm concerned, he's undefeated.

How can you be GOAT when like 500 guys in UFC can kick your ass? Like everyone FW and up.

DJ is great, but not greatest.

Not a universal opinion but size matters in MMA just like it does in other sports. Below Welter, short of some spectacular prodigy fighter coming along that just dazzles with mind-blowing fighting skills, I am always going to find it hard to ascribe the title GOAT therein.

I mean, if Demetrious Johnson were to start manhandling guys at Bantam, that would have my attention. Otherwise, not even interested.

If he can move up to BW and beat the top guys then maybe we have something here. He is GREAT but half the guys he beats I've never even heard of. That doesn't mean they aren't good but the competition at FW doesn't have the same rep as some of the more established weight classes.

How can you be GOAT when like 500 guys in UFC can kick your ass? Like everyone FW and up.

That's not how it works. I suppose GSP doesn't belong on a GOAT list since he'd probably lose to the likes of Bigfoot.

Not a universal opinion but size matters in MMA just like it does in other sports. Below Welter, short of some spectacular prodigy fighter coming along that just dazzles with mind-blowing fighting skills, I am always going to find it hard to ascribe the title GOAT therein.

I mean, if Demetrious Johnson were to start manhandling guys at Bantam, that would have my attention. Otherwise, not even interested.

Mighty Mouse would run through every single fighter in the top 10 at BW.

Simple rule: You don't get to blatantly duck fighters be called the GOAT.

Attachments

• Mighty Mouse.jpg
    Mighty Mouse.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2

DJ is so good that I think he would outpoint a lot of bigger guys.

Do you deny that Floyd Mayweather is the best of the modern era in boxing? He has already outpointed bigger guys like de la Hoya and Canelo. It's not inconceivable he could do the same to great bigger fighters such as Ward and Golovkin.

With enough footwork, feints, range control, cardio and sharpness, tiny guys can outpoint and exhaust far bigger opponents.

Back