News Norma Dumont Vs Chelsea Chandler in Works for UFC FIGHT NIGHT July 15th

You know, Erin Blanchfield is the best female prospect out there, but when I see Norma, I remember talking to a Sherbro when Erin pulled out against Norma. I thought Norma would have ran her over with Norma coming overweight, and he disagreed, I forget who that was, but I still remember that convo.

I thought they were being smart, I really think Norma would been fair bit bigger, especially coming in overweight at bantamweight, and probably killed Blanchfield hype train before it took off.

You gotta be smart like that, look at Pico. They thought so highly of him, rushed him, and he looks likely done.

I know people may point to Blanchfield subbing Andrade, but Andrade can fight at 115. Norma can fight at 145. I think it would've looked like Blanchfield vs JJ, all the td attempts stuffed and Norma taking it to her.

I wish we saw that fight. That Sherbro was so sure of Blanchfield against Dumont. I think he was dead wrong, even if she is the best female prospect out there. She likely beats Grasso too, maybe Shev too.

norma11.jpg

jv6cygeak7t71.jpg

96bm4eb833k41.jpg

Dumont needs a finish if she wants to challenge for Amanda's belt
yeah, its not like she cant hit decently hard either. just doesnt pull the trigger and get aggressive enough. Dumont couldve finished that girl in her last fight in the 2nd round but then dove into a clinch when she had her hurt. thats some WTF fight IQ. as she stands now, Dumont would get obliterated by Nunes.
inb4 someone posts the vid where Laura Sanko comments on Dumont's dump truck booty

You know, Erin Blanchfield is the best female prospect out there, but when I see Norma, I remember talking to a Sherbro when Erin pulled out against Norma. I thought Norma would have ran her over with Norma coming overweight, and he disagreed, I forget who that was, but I still remember that convo.

I thought they were being smart, I really think Norma would been fair bit bigger, especially coming in overweight at bantamweight, and probably killed Blanchfield hype train before it took off.

You gotta be smart like that, look at Pico. They thought so highly of him, rushed him, and he looks likely done.

I know people may point to Blanchfield subbing Andrade, but Andrade can fight at 115. Norma can fight at 145. I think it would've looked like Blanchfield vs JJ, all the td attempts stuffed and Norma taking it to her.

I wish we saw that fight. That Sherbro was so sure of Blanchfield against Dumont. I think he was dead wrong, even if she is the best female prospect out there. She likely beats Grasso too, maybe Shev too.

Problem with all that is that Norma isn't that really skilled anywhere, has shit cardio if she's even remotely pushed, and is a bit of a DNB. Even with the size advantage, someone like Erin would be a nightmare match up for her.

So, yeh, that Sherdogger was probably right.

There's a lot of Erin in Chelsea here as well. Chelsea is aggressive as fuck, strong, and decent enough everywhere. Norma is going to have to get her out of there early because if she doesn't Chelsea is going to wear her down and hurt her bad.

Problem with all that is that Norma isn't that really skilled anywhere, has shit cardio if she's even remotely pushed, and is a bit of a DNB. Even with the size advantage, someone like Erin would be a nightmare match up for her.

So, yeh, that Sherdogger was probably right.

There's a lot of Erin in Chelsea here as well. Chelsea is aggressive as fuck, strong, and decent enough everywhere. Norma is going to have to get her out of there early because if she doesn't Chelsea is going to wear her down and hurt her bad.

No. More like Dumont is a better, bigger version of JJ. As if Blachfield is that skilled on the feet. Blanchfield had a huge reach on Andrade. She's also 5'4, so she will have to punch up to land on Dumont, and it's hard to push much bigger fighter.

God, I wish we can see them fight at BW with Dumont overweight by like 4 pounds.

Dumont would have ran her over.

Erin wouldn't have beaten Felicia Spencer, Karol Rosa, Aspen Ladd.

Lots of people fight like Erin. You can argue there's nothing special or new about her, nothing we haven't seen before. It's just that she has very good ground game, and decent stand up, and super young, and the best female prospect out there, but Chelsea isn't 5'4 though either.

Last edited:
No. More like Dumont is a better, bigger version of JJ. As if Blachfield is that skilled on the feet. Blanchfield had a huge reach on Andrade. She's also 5'4, so she will have to punch up to land on Dumont.

God, I wish we can see them fight at BW with Dumont overweight by like 4 pounds.

Dumont would have ran her over.

Dumont is a better version of JJ, I agree. JJ is also a lot better than Erin, but that didn't save her.

But JJ and Erin both have something that Dumont doesn't: cardio.

I don't think people realize that Erin is just a low level striker with a decent ground game and a fuck ton of weaponized cardio.

Norma would look good until she started to slow, then she'd be the one getting run over by Erin. I mean, go look at Dumont's fight against Ladd for example. Ladd sucks, but was finally able to get a hold of Norma and control her against the cage for almost a whole round in the 5th because Dumont had gotten tired in a low-paced fight that she was controlling.

Erin brings that sort of pressure immediately from round 1 and doesn't let up. Norma would wilt so fast she'd be lucky to see the end of the 2nd.

I feel like Norma could be a straight up killer with a bit more aggression. Anytime she gets aggressive, she’s scary. I’d like to see more of it from her.
She's shown flashes. The Chiasson fight was where she waited until the 3rd when she needed a finish to wake up. Almost got it too. And she schooled Wolf.

Dumont is a better version of JJ, I agree. JJ is also a lot better than Erin, but that didn't save her.

But JJ and Erin both have something that Dumont doesn't: cardio.

I don't think people realize that Erin is just a low level striker with a decent ground game and a fuck ton of weaponized cardio.

Norma would look good until she started to slow, then she'd be the one getting run over by Erin. I mean, go look at Dumont's fight against Ladd for example. Ladd sucks, but was finally able to get a hold of Norma and control her against the cage for almost a whole round in the 5th because Dumont had gotten tired in a low-paced fight that she was controlling.

Erin brings that sort of pressure immediately from round 1 and doesn't let up. Norma would wilt so fast she'd be lucky to see the end of the 2nd.

I think you underestimate the size advantage Dumont would have had coming in almost 4 pounds over at 135 over 5'4 Erin. Cardio is very important yes, but strength and size plays too. Ladd once was a great prospect in her own right. She's a fair bigger than Blanchfield too. I'd have Ladd over Blanchfield too, before she was out of the game for like 2 years.

But at the end of the day, we'd never know hey?

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Any thoughts on Norma vs. Chandler?

Any thoughts on Norma vs. Chandler?

I just saw her ufc fight, so I can't say I know enough to have a strong opinion on this fight either way.

The fight's not on sherdog yet, so I guess we will have to see if it happens at all first too.

What do you think?

Back