Non-Combat sports with beneficial aspects.

Add Terence Crawford to list of boxers who ball. He was in the NBA 2018 celeb all star basketball game this year

I've trained a couple of high level basketball players. Not really. I think Basketball shares more with wrestling than boxing. The postures and movements are more conducive to grappling arts.

Just want to add, just because one pro plays multiple sports does not mean there is any cross over. They just playing because they want to have some fun.

Snowboarding, it gives your legs and core a very good workout!

When it comes to striking, pretty much anything that involves hand-eye coordination has some crossover.

Like dodge ball.

Last edited:
Dancing for sure.

We had new few dancers (hip-hop or breakdancers) at your jiu jitsu classes. They learned stuff quicker.

I feel like if we distill this thread to its natural conclusion, it's that developing athleticism can be beneficial to things that require athleticism. So we can stop naming things like bowling and golf and hang gliding, all of which I no-jokingly would argue would enhance your fighting abilities.

I feel like if we distill this thread to its natural conclusion, it's that developing athleticism can be beneficial to things that require athleticism. So we can stop naming things like bowling and golf and hang gliding, all of which I no-jokingly would argue would enhance your fighting abilities.
Stirs the ol' noggin though don't it?

badminton!!!!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

shocked to only see basketball mentioned a few times..

as far as footwork is concerned you wont find another sport where its importance is valued as much

boxing out/passing gives one the ability to see angles/situations develop

ingrains the south-paw stance into you at an early age thanks to the triple threat

conditioning wise/bodies are going to be similar

Back