No Muay Thai gyms in area....what to do?

You're not going to get Muay Thai training there based on what I've seen on that site. My suggestion is to try it out, take the Kickboxing classes looks like only $45 per month so you ain't got much to lose. Something is better than nothing. It looks like they put on fights so that's promising at least.

Save your money and buy a car and go find a good gym some where else

Las Cruces has a big Latino population, boxing is huge in the Mexican American community. I guarantee that you will be able to find a boxing program that is probably better than any of the kick boxing gyms in your area.

You forgot to tell him he also needs to lose tons of weight until he's between 55 and 65 kilos, whatever his height. The tan comes first though. Oh and dying his hair black and straightening it should be part of this awesome preparation too.
dont forget the yak sant tattoos. It's best to get the full ensemble before stepping into your first MT gym.

Go to a Boxing Gym or Kyokushin Karate Dojo (Full Contact Karate), if you can't find Muay Thai.

Sounds like you have very little experience in Fight training, in that case, Boxing would be a great Base to start from. Forget all that Asian stuff for the moment, get to a Boxing Gym and learn the Basics,learn proper technique,get in the cardio,get the discipline of Training every day ,,and lastly get to the point where youre Sparring against a competent opponent so you can know what getting punched in the face feels like.

Eventually locate a Muay Thai gym when you have some Fight experience under your belt and go from there. Good Luck.

Back