"No Grown Man should weigh 125lbs"

Why does that matter to you how big a person is?
The excitement factor, there is almost zero possibility of a KO so they are just bouncing around the ring pitter patting.

However 125lb range classes in Thi boxing are more exciting. You will see some ko’s there.

It keeps you on your toes

Featherweight division in boxing is one of the glamour divisions, back int he old days 126 pound feather weights could sell out arenas

most of them were tall like 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 9, while UFC 125 pounders are dwarf looking like 5 foot 4 and below. Its weird how MMA the smaller weights dont really draw o get respect by meat heads but in boxing the boxing fans enjoy the flyweights and featherweights maybe because they have to throw punches no grappling and many of those little guys can crack.

112 pound boxing champion Pancho villa of the Philippines with heavyweight champion Jack Dempsey, Villa fought in the early 1900s and drew massive crowds over 20 thousand to watch him and other flyweight champions box, a fight is a fight and people like to watch action fighters no matter the size. He was before Manny Pacquiao, he died at age 23 from a tooth infection but was rapidly becoming a huge star in early 1900s America even dating white American actresses and accepted by the southern whites he was loved even more than the American fighters in his division at the time he was only 5 foot 1, 112 pounds and a dark skin filipino non american yet he could draw big because he was exciting to watch.
Villa-with-Dempsey.jpg

1034350631.jpg

250px-Jimmy_Wilde_vs._Pancho_Villa_BNF.jpeg

Ricardo Lopez was a pleasure to watch.

His bout with Rosendo Alvarez was a barn burner.

It's so much fun watching a singular person try to attach their own personal feelings to a whole range of people in an audience. Just because the guy next to you who looks as equally as downsy agrees with your selfish, biased opinion, doesn't mean the guy in front of you does. Nor does it mean the guy behind you does. Nor does it make your opinion anymore the truth. Because it's not.

They walk around in the 140s. That is a very healthy weight for a grown man. Low body fat, high muscle mass.

You're telling me that MM could defeat this rugby player in a fight ? What honestly would/could he do ? Tell me;

What skill set does this juiced up fool have that would help him survive?

A skilled small guy will beat a no skilled big man every time. Big Nog vs. Sapp is a good example. Outweighed by 150 lbs and Nog still won because Sapp is just a big guy with no skill

He probably has more power than an average male. He is ripped at 140lbs, he could have 20lbs more fat on him and weigh 160lbs making him a normal sized but still way above average male athletically.

Where I live a 160lb man isn’t normal size, but I live in Texas and work on drilling rigs.

200lbs is “average to medium size” at best

What skill set does this juiced up fool have that would help him survive?

A skilled small guy will beat a no skilled big man every time. Big Nog vs. Sapp is a good example. Outweighed by 150 lbs and Nog still won because Sapp is just a big guy with no skill

You are missing the point. There was a big gap there but nog was a big enough man to have power.

Where I live a 160lb man isn’t normal size, but I live in Texas and work on drilling rigs.

200lbs is “average to medium size” at best

Lol. Ok then, that explains a lot.

I actually don't know many men in real life at that height.

The excitement factor, there is almost zero possibility of a KO so they are just bouncing around the ring pitter patting.

However 125lb range classes in Thi boxing are more exciting. You will see some ko’s there.

It keeps you on your toes

The KO/TKO rate at Flw is on par with BW and only slightly behind FW. And if KO's are the only thing that excites you about MMA, why watch MMA? Just watch boxing or kickboxing. We had two great finishes in Flw last night.

Boxing has a fairly good talent pool at 125lbs but differences in MMA I see are...

1.MMA generally depends on good prolonged investment by promoters to build a division and that's never really happened at 125lbs.

2.MMA tends to favour having a high muscle mass relative to height for grappling, that means your typical 125lbs MMA fighter will be shorter than your typical 125lbs boxer who's often lanky and potentially moves up during his career.

3.MMA isn't as popular in places with lower average height like Mexico that give a lot of the talent to lower weightclasses.

You are missing the point. There was a big gap there but nog was a big enough man to have power.

But his power was negligible against someone of Sapp's size. Nog was ragdolled for most of that fight. His power was completely negated. He won that fight with technique

"Charles Atlas" - thanks for the laugh

I feel like I see same people saying Mayweather is the best or one of the best ever and then discrediting MM because of his size. They are like 10lbs apart

Back