• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No dos anjos - conor?

There's no way the fight was already signed if they are saying these things. Despicable really how this has been handled.
people should be mad at the media. they are the ones jumping the gun and going around making a bunch of hype based off of "sources" that aren't acually the ufc

There's no way the fight was already signed if they are saying these things. Despicable really how this has been handled.
well it wasn't really official tho.. I wonder if the media just wanted to create clickbait or that someone was leaking bad information to gain more leverage for the fight.. in that case it kinda backfired

people should be mad at the media. they are the ones jumping the gun and going around making a bunch of hype based off of "sources" that aren't acually the ufc

And the UFC should have made that clear that nothing was official instead of going silent. It's been in mainstream media for days.

why would he be calling conor the chicken when conor's coach was clearly the one sitting by waiting for UFC to make the announcement?
He's RDA's manager, of course he's talking about Conor.

He's RDA's manager, of course he's talking about Conor.
didn't realize he was rda's manager. just thought he was frankie's manager. thanks for the info! makes it weird though... he kept talking about conor ducking frankie but the whole time he was the one trying to get the conor fight signed for rda?

how can be frankie be mad at conor for not fighting him if frankie's own manager was helping create a deal between conor and someone else?

why would he be calling conor the chicken when conor's coach was clearly the one sitting by waiting for UFC to make the announcement?

I have no idea man. Like you, I'm pretty much in the dark about what is going on but yea, he made good use of about 30 chicken emoji's.

I want to see this fight. People need to get their shit together and UFC needs to open the wallet.

Yes exactly. Talk about a conflict of interest. How vocal was he about Conor fighting Frankie? First time I've seen him even talk about the RDA fight. RDA is a total dumb ass if he listens to this clown and demands too much so Conor will fight Frankie.

These tweets are from 10, 13 hours ago?
And we're just seeing this posted here?

This sucks so bad. What happened behind the scenes? Can't wait to know

Yes exactly. Talk about a conflict of interest. How vocal was he about Conor fighting Frankie? First time I've seen him even talk about the RDA fight. RDA is a total dumb ass if he listens to this clown and demands too much so Conor will fight Frankie.

I can't see where its RDA demanding too much. Conor is flat out being called a chicken. I'm not sure why he would specifically call McGregor a chicken if this was about RDA trying to get some PPV points.

This means Nate Diaz vs Conor is 'back' on!

Could be.
The UFC might have chickened out on this fight. I don't think Conor is ducking, I'm positive he wants RDA, but the UFC might just want to cash in one more time before setting that fight up. In case Conor would lose. (Conor would do great numbers either way, I know) Diaz is a much easier fight and will do unreal numbers. RDA can wait.

I don't think the UFC is worried about someone losing. They are more worried about someone getting injured. If Conor gets injured (wich isn't all that unlikely), they gonna clot up two divisions. You have to make interim fights, another promo gone to waste, etc.

I just think they don't want to take the risk and want to hold on to the whole "no two division champs" thing.

Seems like Conor isn't calling the shots at all.. lol

It's is kinda annoying tho, that the UFC stays silent for all this time. But heck.. it isn't the first time tho.

Could be.
The UFC might have chickened out on this fight. I don't think Conor is ducking, I'm positive he wants RDA, but the UFC might just want to cash in one more time before setting that fight up. In case Conor would lose. (Conor would do great numbers either way, I know) Diaz is a much easier fight and will do unreal numbers. RDA can wait.
I seriously doubt the UFC will match Mac up with a non-title fight at 155 when he has a strap to defend at 145.

I hope this doesn't have to do with any injuries.

Seriously though if RDA refused to fight conor (i would assume the narrative will be "7 weeks is not enough for a full camp" or something), the amount of "RDA ducking the goat" kind of posts are going to blow this forum to pieces. please don't refuse the fight rda.
Cordeiro went on record saying RDA had already signed the contract, he said this last Friday or Saturday iirc

These tweets are from 10, 13 hours ago?
And we're just seeing this posted here?

Actually there was a previous thread about this. The tweet is take out of context. Artem was trying to get a fight and seems he was denied. Everyone automatically assumed it was about conor.

Maybe his daughter is in that period of the month.

Back