NINTENDO SWITCH (formerly Nintendo NX): 9th Gen Nintendo Console, Successor to Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right. Do many games really require that though?

I'm glad, I honestly feel like the Wii U was a half baked system

What I hear is that it can function as a console or a tablet. It's using a low power version of the chips that are in the Xbox One. It's AMD who is providing the chips and it could have embedded ram on chip like 4 gigs. The ram is going to be shared by the GPU and the CPU so the console is not going to be as powerful as the XBox One but offer mobility. It took so long because it is using HBM technology. Nitendo decided to focus more on mobility this time around then console gaming.

I HIGHLY doubt they'd have something weaker than the XB1, that'd be the WiiU all over again, just a bit more powerful.

I haven't bought a non-portable Nintendo system since N64.. and I've been looking for any excuse to get back into their consoles. Hopefully they'll make sure there are actually games coming out for this new system. If it looks like there will be good games to buy, I'll definitely get the system.

I HIGHLY doubt they'd have something weaker than the XB1, that'd be the WiiU all over again, just a bit more powerful.

Yeah. If it's not equal to X1 or PS4, then 3rd party publishers still can't port their shit towards it. And they will skip it again, pretty much the story of Wii U's downfall summarized.

Besides, if they can't match a 3 year old consoles specs by now. They better not even try.

It would be very underwhelming and disappointing.

It needs to be powerful enough to take advantage of 4K TVs.

That won't happen though. You need such extremely expensive hardware to be able to run at that resolution, they can never do that and make a profit out of it.

seeing as how less than 15% of households even own a 4k tv and there is very little in the way of cable content available and even less gamers gaming on 4k tvs the need just isnt there... yeah the 2% of gamers with 4k pcs and 4k tvs etc will be sad but the other 98% of gamers will be happy with 1080 its been proven that with diminishing returns in graphics its not even a big upgrade

polygon-count-diminishing-returns-consoles.jpeg

seeing as how less than 15% of households even own a 4k tv and there is very little in the way of cable content available and even less gamers gaming on 4k tvs the need just isnt there... yeah the 2% of gamers with 4k pcs and 4k tvs etc will be sad but the other 98% of gamers will be happy with 1080 its been proven that with diminishing returns in graphics its not even a big upgrade

polygon-count-diminishing-returns-consoles.jpeg

Well 4k adds more than just sharpness so that picture doesn't apply. It can add sharpness to a much larger real estate than 1080 can, so you can see more on a larger screen and keep that same sharpness. What is working against 4k isn't that it's a minor and largely pointless advancement, it's that the rest of the world is having to rise to it. Movies and TV need to be shot in 4k, and consoles/computers need the rendering horse power to meet the new demand. There is not a lot of usable content for it out there, so it's a hard sell. Why would the average consumer drop 2k on a TV they can hardly take advantage of?

You are right that it's not the jump the going from standard def to HD was. It is clearly a better image though and in time it will be the standard. I believe HD was out for a good while before suddenly the general market started buyin into it as content caught up to it.

Edit: some people already made my points, so I deleted them.

You need dual 290, 290x, 390, 970, or 980 cards to handle 4K with enough stability at 30-40 fps (forget 60 fps, which the vast majority of 4K displays are incapable of and which most Nintendo games run at; the fps that is not the resolution), not going to happen due to cost, heat, and power consumption.

You need dual 290, 290x, 390, 970, or 980 cards to handle 4K with enough stability at 30-40 fps (forget 60 fps, which the vast majority of 4K displays are incapable of and which most Nintendo games run at; the fps that is not the resolution), not going to happen due to cost, heat, and power consumption.

This. I have a PC with an EVGA GTX 980 SC and while it can do 4k, it does so pushing it at times so I have to tone it down in some games to let the FPS have some room to flow.

You are too optimistic. It will be another WiiU.

e3Hnygp.png

YsGkiV7.jpg

GeHnlMZ.png

- Only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom 'sphere'.
- The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don't believe this will be the final design.
- Haptic feedback is feels like Apples 'taptic' engine. Not like regular rumble.
- 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4bn6nm/nx_controller_pictures/

ahem looks interesting

No physical buttons....hope its fake, not that I keep up with Nintendo consoles these days. Good games but I'm too cheap to get a second console, though with a bit more focus on PC gaming I may just do that and get a nin console in the future....

No physical buttons....hope its fake, not that I keep up with Nintendo consoles these days. Good games but I'm too cheap to get a second console, though with a bit more focus on PC gaming I may just do that and get a nin console in the future....

I want to get a nin console because I think they have the best exlusives. The problem is they take way to long to release them sometimes and I don't like that. Like where the fuck is metroid? Or the new Zelda? Not a remake or remaster. On top of that they need the same third party support as the rest of the consoles. I go with Sony because they try new stuff with exclusives. It doesn't always work but when it does it's great and I just honestly like someone out there taking chances instead of xbox doing Gears of War 10 and Halo 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back