Nieky Holzken just lost for a 3rd time in a row..!

Mad Dollar

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Nieky Holzken just lost again.. Is Nieky done being a championship caliber fighter or do you see him bouncing back from this loosing streak?
- Nieky is one of my favorites and I really hope to see him get a W in his next fight..

He hasn't had a decent performance in ~2 years. I'm done waiting for him to get back on track.

Since he had his own reality tv show things went down for Nieky.

well there was no shame on losing 2x to Doumbe,Doumbe is just better and his best qualities shut down Holzken best weapons

his fight with nabiev was pretty winnable,but he let Nabiev to do his own game instead of giving him no space and work on the body section+ low kicks over the taller fighter

if he fought since round 2 like he made in the 3rd round he could have won,not taking anything away from Nabiev of course

well there was no shame on losing 2x to Doumbe,Doumbe is just better and his best qualities shut down Holzken best weapons

But do you think Doumbe has as much upside as Holzken once had? I migh be being unfair to the guy but I see Doumbe as a guy who just took advantage of a champion that was going on auto pilot. I don't see that much potential in him unlike Nieky who at one point looked like he was a level above everyone else at WW and could become really special.

But do you think Doumbe has as much upside as Holzken once had? I migh be being unfair to the guy but I see Doumbe as a guy who just took advantage of a champion that was going on auto pilot. I don't see that much potential in him unlike Nieky who at one point looked like he was a level above everyone else at WW and could become really special.
i see the opposite bud

for me Doumbe is the hardest guy to beat in this division

his reflexes are amazing,very high fight IQ and scores really well no matter the opponent

Holzken was looking invencible before the first fight in glory agaisnt Groenhart(their second fight against each other) because he was taking an lower level competition like Daniels Valtellini and old guys like Ghaji and Direkçi

since glory gave him Better opponents like Murthel-Doumbe-Kongolo he didnt looked too fantastic

yeah you're probably right.

I was really impressed by Holzken at one point. was fooled into thinking he was evolving and he had experience and looked like he was filling into his frame and becoming a crafty boxer. maybe with the time off he had my selective memory only recalled his good moments.

He hasn't had a decent performance in ~2 years. I'm done waiting for him to get back on track.
Yeah, he haven't looked that great since his wins over Raymond Daniels.. I certainly hope things will workout for him, even though I think this might be the end of Prime Nieky Holzken

his fight with nabiev was pretty winnable,but he let Nabiev to do his own game instead of giving him no space and work on the body section+ low kicks over the taller fighter

if he fought since round 2 like he made in the 3rd round he could have won,not taking anything away from Nabiev of course
Nabiev might be the next big thing, but you're right Holzken was completely on auto pilot, and didn't do anything to convince the judges that he should get the W.

Nabiev might be the next big thing, but you're right Holzken was completely on auto pilot, and didn't do anything to convince the judges that he should get the W.
he is very good and young but Holzken could had won it,it wasnt like Doumbe fight that he had near to no chance to win

Nieky has never really been the type to really take over a fight against a game opponent though. Don't care how many times Glory pretended he was a p4p contender, to me he will always be the guy Buakaw shut down by teeping him 200+ times

Nieky has never really been the type to really take over a fight against a game opponent though. Don't care how many times Glory pretended he was a p4p contender, to me he will always be the guy Buakaw shut down by teeping him 200+ times
Alex Harris was all up in Holzken's ass for the better part of two rounds. Think about that.

I've always thought this about Holzken. He was a good but unexceptional 70kger that moves into a weight class that hasn't been around long and is pretty bare talent wise then suddenly he becomes one of the pound for pound kings?

Nabiev is no joke though, he beat Vienot in his last fight who was someone I thought would do well in Glory.

Holzken has always had issues pulling the trigger but since the first DOumbe fight this has gotten even worse. Does him no service against active guys like Nabiev. He's far too reactive and should be more pro-active and mix things up. He was able to do that a couple of times yesterday and he immediately started having success. Also, MOVE YOUR HEAD OFF THE GODDAMN CENTER LINE. He's far too hittable nowadays.

All in all , he's becoming a very frustrating fighter to watch.

Holzken has always had issues pulling the trigger but since the first DOumbe fight this has gotten even worse. Does him no service against active guys like Nabiev. He's far too reactive and should be more pro-active and mix things up. He was able to do that a couple of times yesterday and he immediately started having success. Also, MOVE YOUR HEAD OFF THE GODDAMN CENTER LINE. He's far too hittable nowadays.

All in all , he's becoming a very frustrating fighter to watch.
Church! I was yelling at the screen during the last round because he just wouldn't pull the fucking trigger.. It was obvious he was gonna loose the fight on the judges midway through the second round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back