Nieky Holzken just lost for a 3rd time in a row..!

I became a fan when he started to win some of his Glory fights with good combos like against Valtelini, Stetsurenko, Daniels, etc.

The problem is that he tends to march forward and wait for the right opportunity to strike, as in seeing an opening or his opponent making a mistake. So when he faces guys like Doumbé and Nabiev who just keep throwing lots of strike even if they lend without much power and circle around, he's just focusing on defending and blocking rather than putting on the aggression.

There are also times where he's clearly behind on scorecards but doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency to try and get the KO at all cost, like the Nabiev fight which was frustrating to watch.

He also always starts slow, a bit like the Thais do, except that he doesn't necessarily increase the pressure and tempo in the later rounds as much as the Thais do.

It's not like he's really lost his last 3 fights by much - as in he's not getting smashed, he's just not as active and holding fire way too much. It's frustrating to watch knowing what he's capable of throwing.

Nieky has never really been the type to really take over a fight against a game opponent though. Don't care how many times Glory pretended he was a p4p contender, to me he will always be the guy Buakaw shut down by teeping him 200+ times

He wasn't as experienced back then and the weight cuts he was going through to make 70kg were drastic.

I hope he sticks to boxing for a while.

Please no. He's not gonna reach the top of boxing at that age now, I'd rather he only focuses on Kickboxing and makes the right adjustments as in going aggressive from start to finish especially when fighting only 3 rounds.

Church! I was yelling at the screen during the last round because he just wouldn't pull the fucking trigger.. It was obvious he was gonna loose the fight on the judges midway through the second round.

word.

Last edited:
I dunno, I guess I'm just bored of seeing him in kickboxing. Always fights the same way. The only anticipation is whether or not the judges will give him the split decision. And there is no chance he will beat Doumbe, the true champ.

I dunno, I guess I'm just bored of seeing him in kickboxing. Always fights the same way. The only anticipation is whether or not the judges will give him the split decision. And there is no chance he will beat Doumbe, the true champ.

Somehow I really don't like watching Doumbé fight. That backing up style and showboating really does my head in. Fellow countryman or not I just can't see myself being a fan or calling him the true champ.

Somehow I really don't like watching Doumbé fight. That backing up style and showboating really does my head in. Fellow countryman or not I just can't see myself being a fan or calling him the true champ.
I'm not a fan of the showboating myself, but I like his style and his skill is amazing considering he is so big. He also seems like a pretty cool guy.

Back