Nieky Holzken in $50 million boxing tournament 2/24/18 EDIT: Free Youtube Stream

Holzken's powershots arent working as well in boxing as they do in Muay Thai

Well idk about in Muay Thai but yeah if this was kb most his usual opponents would be down by now from those.

Holzken's powershots arent working as well in boxing as they do in Muay Thai

His power is there but in boxing generally speaking elite fighters have really good chins. You get hit to the head more often in boxing so if your chin is weak you get filtered out quickly compared to MMA or even kickboxing. Also fighters only have to defend against punches so they know how to stay calm and defend if they do get hurt.
Holzken is doing much better than I thought but single punches don't win him a fight in boxing at elite level he needs to land more consistently and/or invest to the body he should have gone to the body a lot more much earlier

I take much pleasure in the commentator constantly bringing up Holzken's Muay Thai background because it must drive @jtwarwagon4life absolutely crazy...

went to a decision against Smith

it was a nightmare matchup for him

much better and experienced boxer,taller,bigger reach,good controling with the flashy jab

Holzken would never win this but he made way better with the tools he had than i thought.

Holzken won for himself more good opponents to face and good purses

people upset with smith because they probably bet on a KO-TKO win for smith lel

I was impressed by Holzken, I thought he did great. I think its hard to understand for some people how hard it is to go from kickboxing/Muay Thai to boxing. I thought he did himself proud.

Holzken comes out looking good after this, if his post fight saltiness didn't turn people off. He needs to go to a real Boxing gym though.

Very impressed by Holzken. He took 3 rounds off Callum Smith, had cardio that put McGregor to shame, and despite Callums durability he did not like getting hit by Niekys left hook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back