Nick Newell Close to Signing w/ UFC?

WAR this crazy bastard. Still can't believe he stood in front of Gaethje for as long as he did. Should have gotten the Punk fight. With a thousand guys on the roster at this point, there's no fuckin way he's the worst fighter.

People on here talking about him like he's 'some disabled guy'. He's 14-1, only loss to Gay Cheese. He's proven he's legit.

if I were a fighter I would refuse to fight him. If you win, then you look like a bully prick, and if you lose... well, how much stock do you have left?

The best argument in favour of signing him is that he has earned it. He's not getting in out of pity (nor should he be left out of pity), his record at 14-1 is good enough to merit a fight in the UFC. The argument against it is (likely) bad PR.

Problem will be finding an opponent. Fighting Newell is the strongest case of a lose-lose situation i've ever seen in MMA. If you beat him, you won't get credit, if you lose, you're reputation always will entail losing to a guy with one arm.

UFC probably will push a low-level guy, who is afraid of getting cut and doesn't have any leverage, to take the fight imo. Only option.

This is the elite level.

It's all fun and inspiring until fighters start Barbosa/Wonderboy switch kicking him on the side of the dome where he can't block it......or Khabib/Kevin Lee side control and ground and pounding him into the mat.

If game plans are made around his disability, it will look ruthless. Towels will stay being thrown into the octagon.

Back