Nick Newell Close to Signing w/ UFC?

he had nothing for Gaethje when they fought. That doesn't mean he can't win a few fights in the UFC though. Hes got some experience under his belt and a decent record, so give him a shot I guess.

I'm pretty sure he can beat CM Punk. UFC is a joke already so its all good.
He would fucking murder CM Punk and is definitely UFC calibre.

He is an extremely impressive person and a very good fighter. Anyone hating on him is ignorant as fuck. For real.

At least he doesn’t have to practice defending the arm bar. See you in hell.

A lot of fighters will prob refuse to fight him. If you win, you're that bully who beat up a one armed dude. If you lose, you're that can who lost to a one armed dude.

And that's the wrong attitude to have, Newell is a fucking BEAST

Gaethje rematch, Gaethje needs a win.

I respect the shit outta him, and i think he's good enough, BUT it would be a bad PR move

Hespect to the man who overcomes adversity and thrives, there are many less deserving fighters currently on the roster. I’d have no issue with him getting on the prelims and matched up with a fighter of equal talent.

At this point the one arm thing has kept them from signing Newell who has a better record than the norm is.

Of course they should sign him. He does not need to fight anyone that wouldn't fight him in the first place - ufc has a wide roster and there are guys who will take the fight just like there were guys who fought him in the smaller leagues.

At this point the one arm thing has kept them from signing Newell who has a better record than the norm is.

Of course they should sign him. He does not need to fight anyone that wouldn't fight him in the first place - ufc has a wide roster and there are guys who will take the fight just like there were guys who fought him in the smaller leagues.

And when he gets a brutal beat down, the media will tear the UFC apart.
The UFC shouldn’t sign him.

And when he gets a brutal beat down, the media will tear the UFC apart.
The UFC shouldn’t sign him.

I highly doubt it. UFC has given he media plenty of reasons to hate the product (well Dana has) but letting a man live his dream wont be one of them.

He basically confirms that he has signed with the UFC:

Interesting.

Back