Nicco Montano not scared of Valentina Shevchenko

Holly Holm aside who has Valentina beaten in mma? Who are these victories over?

Pena? Kaufman? Niccos wins over Murphy and honchak as good as those

Really? Pena would beat the shit out of either one with sheer athleticism despite her lack of skills and Kaufman would at worst be even with Murphy or Honchak in a fight.

Trivia question. How many wins does Valentina hold over top five opponents?

3. Kaufman was ranked at #5, Pena and Holm were both ranked at #2. Other than Pena, everyone that Valentina fought at WBW was a champion or former champion in a major organization, and all of them were ranked in the top 5.

2J2Dixn.jpg

iMQGUXh.jpg

zE3wLvz.jpg

This'll be like the 115 title all over again, chick from TUF wins it then gets demolished by the chick they should have put the title on in the first place

Has she?

Holly Holm aside who has Valentina beaten in mma? Who are these victories over?

Pena? Kaufman? Niccos wins over Murphy and honchak as good as those

Valentina is good, but she is massively overrated by sherdoggers.

Apart from Holm (who we should remember has lost four of her last five) she hasn't beaten anyone. Where are her wins over top bantamweights?

Nikko beat three of the top flyweights on the way to winning tuf. One of those she beat while fighting with a broken foot.

Nicco will be the underdog based purely on experience, but those who are convinced Valentina is some sort of killer... She hasn't beaten anyone.

Trivia question. How many wins does Valentina hold over top five opponents?

So you're picking Nicco to win?

Valentina is gonna hold down 125 for a while. The only women that have any chance to beat her are at 135 and gonna have a hard time making the cut. And she beats most of them, if not all of them at 135 anyways. Nunes beat her by a tiny bit in a pretty shitty fight, but Nunes is never making 125.
Interesting scenario is JJ eventually realising she has to go up a weight class. She'd be the best contender to face Schevchenko who will likely beat Nicco Montana for sure.

nicco's a scrapper and definitely game, but shevchenko is a beast of a fighter. i know wmma gets alot of hate, but there are certain fighters (like these two) that are fun to watch.

Nikko beat three of the top flyweights on the way to winning tuf.
There are only 16 women of the 40 worldwide, who comprise the UFC Women's Flyweight Division; 40% of the top ten don't compete in the UFC. Women's rankings are absolutely meaningless.

That being said, Valentina has defeated and fought far better competition than Nicco (as others have already pointed out and given examples). Citing TUF fights is not an apples to apples comparison; who knows how injured her opponents may have been by the time she fought them (four fights in four months), nevermind if they had to cut weight four times in four months how that may have affected any of those women who have to cut a significant amount.

Shevchenko's opponents had full camps to prepare for her and were given time to recover from any possible injuries.

Val is a beast, but I'm not gonna just start crowning her the champ until she actually wins the title. She hasn't fought at Flyweight in how long? We've seen so many high level fighters that "didn't cut much weight" move down and look like ass, and her crushing a can doesn't change that.

Nicco has some solid hands, is athletic, and pretty tough. Honchak, Murphy, and Roxy are good wins especially at her stage in her career.

I'm not saying I have confidence in Nicco winning this, but I doubt we will see a Cyborg-esque slaughtering going on either.

It's been like 6 weeks. And she fought like a rabid dog. Looked amazing.

People realize Val didn't cut weight to fight at bantamweight right? She walks around at 138. Fighting at 125 is nothing to her.

So you're picking Nicco to win?
I said Valentina will be the favourite based on experience

But.. Valentina is very overrated on sherdog, and nicco is more talented than people think.

If nicco won it wouldn't be a huge shock to some people

Odds wise I'd probably have it

2/5 Valentina
2/1 nicco

But.. Valentina is very overrated on sherdog, and nicco is more talented than people think.

2/5 Valentina
2/1 nicco

If you think Val is going to win like everyone else then she's not overrated. You're just getting defensive because you like Nicco.

One of them is a featherweight. At least go and check...
Sherdog only shows what their weight is currently, not what it's historically been throughout their career.

If you look at Sorenson on Tapology, most of her bouts have been at Bantamweight, and her "Featherweight" bouts are likely her just not cutting weight.

Shevchenko has classy boxing but she's mainly a point fighter, nothing for Montano to worry about, hospital wise. I don't like the way Nicco's talking mind, no need to even mention the fact.

I think Val's main weakness is an inability to adjust to the unforeseen during the fight. It happened in her failed title scrap and even against the novice Cachoeira - where the plan was obviously to take the brawler down and finish her with ground and pound. When the ref failed to stop the massacre Val just continued with plan A.

Nicco needs to believe in herself, she's 5-0 against the UFC's top 15, while Val is 0-1.

2/5 Valentina
2/1 nicco

You don't know how odds work.

But keep defending the tuf noob, let's hope she doesn't flake out. Quack

Back