NHL Playoff Thread: Stand Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps will beat the Pens.

Their defense is somehow worse then the Leafs. Plus if Fleury is gonna be starting, It's a guaranteed win.

Nah. The Caps just struggled to eliminate a bunch of rookies. There will be some high scoring games, but the Pens will come out on top.

Fleury is a wildcard, but I'm taking the Pens in 5.

Good season for the leafs. The future is bright, but these memes are killing me.

Lmao @ these sorry Canadian teams.

Ducks going to get another sweep

Z6yI8is.jpg

lolol.

Does it make sense to any one else that David Pastrnak is a 70 point forward?

I was slightly better than a pigeon last round, 5-3. Don't know what I was thinking with that Columbus pick. Of course they were going to get rekt. Of course!

Preds, Cucks / / Rags, Penguins

Preds, Ducks, Pens, Rags. To he honest, I think Washington gets us this time, we don't have the tenacious forechecking that the Leafs did, and they aren't going to be taking us lightly. They could easily take a mental victory out of dominating Game 6 OT and carry it to a Finals berth. But I hope Phil unloads a dozen G-notes on them.

Apparently Kovalchuk wants to come back to the NHL.

No thanks, but I'm sure someone will pay him. Actually, Id take him on a 1-year type deal like Radulov got, but he'll probably want at least 5, probably 6+.

Montreal could try to frankenteam it up. Trade Pacioretty and Galchenyuk for players who might not be as good, but aren't as easily shut down, then sign Shipachyov and work out a sign and trade deal for Kovalchuk.

I don't think it's a particularly good idea - hail mary passes get their name for a reason - but if Bergy doesn't get the axe it might happen. Our playoff motto this year was ''all in'' (smh).

The highest Montreal can draft is 24th. If Edmonton and Washington win their series I think we draft 26th. How fucking stupid is the division system, eh? If Pittsburgh loses, they draft in front of Montreal. Ottawa has home ice advantage against NYR right now. Not sure if we should take the pick or trade down. Our 2nd rounders are so worthless that trading up isn't an option. Fuck it, let's just draft Kostin.

Preds, ducks, rangers, Washington.

You can take that to the bank

Does it make sense to any one else that David Pastrnak is a 70 point forward?

He is a ridiculously streaky goal scorer. There is a 24 game stretch where he only scored 2 goals, in the other 51 games he has 32.

Not a very good series from him, but he took a big step forward this year imo.

He is a ridiculously streaky goal scorer. There is a 24 game stretch where he only scored 2 goals, in the other 51 games he has 32.

Not a very good series from him, but he took a big step forward this year imo.

34 goals just seems like too much for him whenever I watch him play. I didn't get it in his draft year, either. He doesn't look that good. Like, compared to Nylander, who the hell saw Pastrnak outscoring him 3 years later? Apparently he just knows how to score goals.

Injury report is brutal for the Sharks this year -

Jumbo: Torn ACL/MCL (jesus)
Hertl: Broken foot
Patty: broken thumb
Donkey : Seperated shoulder (was terrible this year anyways)

That year end press conference was a tire fire inside a dumpster.

''Can you give an example of a team that has won without a #1 center?''

''LA with Kopitar and Carter, Chicago with Toews''

After he admits that these guys are #1Cs

''You can't trade for these guys!''

...Carter was traded for which lead quite directly to their first cup...

andersonsilva.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back