NHL Playoff Thread: Stand Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I took away from that conference was that 1. Price wasn't getting traded. 2. Galchenyuk will be the solution to our scoring woes while playing wing on the 4th line. 3. Bergevin sounds like a broken record.

Preds, Cucks. Pens, Rangers.

That year end press conference was a tire fire inside a dumpster.

''Can you give an example of a team that has won without a #1 center?''

''LA with Kopitar and Carter, Chicago with Toews''

After he admits that these guys are #1Cs

''You can't trade for these guys!''

...Carter was traded for which lead quite directly to their first cup...

andersonsilva.jpg
Toews and Kopitar not #1 centers.
<mma4>

He's still got a few supporters on hfboards but it's looking like the tide of public opinion is pulling him out to sea.

It's a fuckin kudutah boys!

Not even enough to have a #1C

You need someone in the top 10.

They better start hoping a talented young C develops a coke problem, or they luck out in the draft.

The Preds, Blues, and Rags are all teams that don't have a true #1 center but have had success. Not THE success, obviously. I would argue the Bruins won it without one back in 2011, but they technically had Marc Savard on the roster. I would still take depth over one great player, but that depends on a lot of chemistry, something great centers create wherever they go.

Bergeron was absolutely a 1C the year they won it.

From a defensive standpoint alone, plus he had 20 something points that playoff run.

The last team I can think of that won a cup without a star C was probably the Devils.

That was all defense and system though.

Eric Staal was signed as a free agent this year. Had 65 points and looked a lot like his old self.

It's just infuriating at this point. Center depth has been the question for the habs since they were trying to trade for Sundin. So you'd think that priority number one would be to get a center. We don't spend high picks on centers. We don't sign centers when they come available. The ones we trade for are guys like Danault, Mitchell and Flynn who have no business in the top 6.

Pierre McGuire was on 690 recently and when he mentioned some centers who were traded guys like Bonino are mentioned. Then you stop and think: ''holy shit, Bonino would've been our top center this year.'' That's how bad the situation is.

The Blues can get by without a true #1 center as long as Jake Allen continues to play the way he has the last month.

Bergeron was absolutely a 1C the year they won it.

From a defensive standpoint alone, plus he had 20 something points that playoff run.

The last team I can think of that won a cup without a star C was probably the Devils.

That was all defense and system though.

Well, he had 20 on the dot, that playoffs was really his coming out party, and he's never really matched those numbers. I concede the point though, he would be a huge upgrade for most teams.

Most likely gunna be a Peens/Cucks final IMO. I will vote Peens over Crapitals until I'm proven wrong.

I got Cucks/Sexual Predators/Rags/Peens moving on.

Not sure how I feel about having both games from the same Conference each day. I'd kinda like to mix it up, but I guess they have a system.

Nah. The Caps just struggled to eliminate a bunch of rookies. There will be some high scoring games, but the Pens will come out on top.

Fleury is a wildcard, but I'm taking the Pens in 5.

I am a huge Pens fan, but if I am honest with myself, I think the Caps will finally beat us in the playoffs. I hope not, but I think the home ice is the main factor in this series. If they don't beat the Pens this year, then they never will. If they do beat the Pens, I will be rooting for Ovie to finally raise the cup. He has put his time in purgatory long enough and he is too good a player to never win the cup. I would not say this a few years ago, I would never want him to win the cup, but I have come to respect him and feel bad for him. It's time for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back