Status
Not open for further replies.
hm, lets see.
0-6 for the shreks
implosion complete.
miss the yoffs
move away
hope so
Pretty bad time with 10 games left - But time for some major changes. The joes need to be split, just not effective anymore. And the entire offense relying on point shots has been bad all year

I don't know why, but I've been rustled by how well Carolina's younguns are doing. They've scouted really well. Really, they're the anti-Islanders. 0 superstar talent, amazing amateur scouting. From the last 5 drafts they've consistently found top talent, some and not just with their top picks.

2010: Skinner and Faulk
2011: Victor Rask
2012: Traded their 1st away for Staal, still ended up with Jaccob Slavin and Di Giuseppe
2013: Elias Lindholm, Brett Pesce
2015: Hanafin, Aho

8 NHLers including 3 top pairing D, and 3 top line players, and only 3 of them were drafted in the first round. In the meantime the habs have graduated 4 or 5 NHLers if you count McCarron. McCarron would be the worst player on this list, anyhow.

I'm rustled, man. We've been 1 top 6 player away since I can remember, and they just grab Aho in the 2nd. Juulsen was just named to the WHL first team allstars, so I guess he's got that going for him.

I was at the Jackets game tonight. First NHL game ever. Loved it.

And the Sharks offense looks the best it has in at least a few weeks. Burns is a huge weapon, but it's nice to see them work behind the net and in the slot vs The entire offense running through the Dmen .

That loss against Buffalo has me rustled even more now. Losing against teams you should beat is the fucking worst.

McJesus brings the Oilers to the playoffs for the first time since 2006. What were you guys doing the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs?

McJesus brings the Oilers to the playoffs for the first time since 2006. What were you guys doing the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs?

Ah, that was the year the Leafs missed getting in by 2 points. I remember my old man ripping Belfour all season.

Good to see that the Leafs have a legit future. This team will be great for years to come. Already ahead of schedule in the rebuild faze.

Matthews has lived up to the hype and then some. Congrats to him on the rookie record.

The playoff push this year is nice, but I still have my doubts. The fight for the final spots is so tight, and they've still got Boston and Tampa coming up, and who knows how healthy Andersen really is. It's looking pretty good, but a little slump at the wrong time could still sink them. Keeping my hopes in check.

Very encouraging season regardless though.

Please god, do not give us another Boston Habs series. Would much rather face Toronto. Far more interesting.

Peanut gallery is turning on Galchenyuk. Might as well trade him, we've seen how this story ends.

What is better to play hockey in inline skates or quad skates?

And why is roller hockey not bigger than ice hockey? It is cheaper.

Good to see that the Leafs have a legit future. This team will be great for years to come. Already ahead of schedule in the rebuild faze.

Matthews has lived up to the hype and then some. Congrats to him on the rookie record.

The playoff push this year is nice, but I still have my doubts. The fight for the final spots is so tight, and they've still got Boston and Tampa coming up, and who knows how healthy Andersen really is. It's looking pretty good, but a little slump at the wrong time could still sink them. Keeping my hopes in check.

Very encouraging season regardless though.

Yep, the leafs have surpassed everyone's expectations for the season and have unequivocally demonstrated that the shanaplan / rebuild is actually working. Leafs nation should be cheering this season regardless of playoff birth; as far as I'm concerned, we are playing with house money at this point.

That being said, it would be a hell of a bonus if these kids got some early playoff experience to build on for next year (in which they'll be an expected contender to make the post season). Also, I could actually see them stealing a round from Ottawa / Montreal (eventhough they fair poorly againt them in reg season play). The playoffs are all about scoring, which the leafs can do in bunches, their 4th line is nasty to play against and Andersen can steal games + there's no goddamn shootouts in the playoffs which has been an Thorn in the leafs side all season. Obviously, our inexperience and our complete plug of a defense will be a hindrance.

Also, Yay for finally paying top dollar for a goalie who actually delivers AND for having an injury free year.

Boo to the bitch that is our remaining schedule and for Pitt, wash and cbj being so damn Close to each other in the standings that they all will probably dress their main stars against the leafs to jockey for position.

Crazy that two of the top 5 teams in the league will definitely be exiting in the first round -- a glaring knock on the new format

Yep, the leafs have surpassed everyone's expectations for the season and have unequivocally demonstrated that the shanaplan / rebuild is actually working. Leafs nation should be cheering this season regardless of playoff birth; as far as I'm concerned, we are playing with house money at this point.

That being said, it would be a hell of a bonus if these kids got some early playoff experience to build on for next year (in which they'll be an expected contender to make the post season). Also, I could actually see them stealing a round from Ottawa / Montreal (eventhough they fair poorly againt them in reg season play). The playoffs are all about scoring, which the leafs can do in bunches, their 4th line is nasty to play against and Andersen can steal games + there's no goddamn shootouts in the playoffs which has been an Thorn in the leafs side all season. Obviously, our inexperience and our complete plug of a defense will be a hindrance.

Also, Yay for finally paying top dollar for a goalie who actually delivers AND for having an injury free year.

Boo to the bitch that is our remaining schedule and for Pitt, wash and cbj being so damn Close to each other in the standings that they all will probably dress their main stars against the leafs to jockey for position.

Crazy that two of the top 5 teams in the league will definitely be exiting in the first round -- a glaring knock on the new format

Toronto is another team that has scouted extremely well. Haters will point to the high draft picks but one need only look to the Islanders or Oilers to see that high draft picks alone won't do it for you. Johnsson, Brown, Korshkov etc. all look like really high value later round picks.

That being said, the last time the habs lost a game to Toronto was more than 3 years ago. Playoffs or not, a series against Montreal would get ugly for Toronto pretty quick.

Leafs rebuild started when they took Nylander over Ritchie, or some other defenseman.

Also, Leafs would beat the Scabs in a playoff. Fuck your evidence, and stupid regular season.

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Leafs rebuild started when they took Nylander over Ritchie, or some other defenseman.

Lol, 'Member that time NYI chose Michael Dal Colle over Nylander and Ehlers? I 'member.

Also, Leafs would beat the Scabs in a playoff. Fuck your evidence, and stupid regular season.

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!

That's the spirit. You know what'd be fun. If the habs let the leafs go to a game 7, gave up a 3 goal lead, and then won in overtime.

Penguins and BJs basically jockeying for home ice right now, hopefully the Leafs or Bruins can give Washington a good run. I liked the new system because it does create repeat series, but let's be honest, rivalries are created in Cup Finals, Conference Finals, and sometimes the 2nd round if there is pre-existing beef. Ensuring the best teams don't make it to the next round is no way to facilitate that.

My new favorite way of trolling Leaf fans at work:
"Wow, the Leafs are going to make the playoffs!"
"Shut up, there's still X games."
"No no no, they can't fuck it up now! They're a shoe-in!"
"Shut up."

I often then segway into a cruel joke about final periods and 3 goal leads.

My new favorite way of trolling Leaf fans at work:
"Wow, the Leafs are going to make the playoffs!"
"Shut up, there's still X games."
"No no no, they can't fuck it up now! They're a shoe-in!"
"Shut up."

I often then segway into a cruel joke about final periods and 3 goal leads.

Hahaha, that's good stuff, Makani.

Looking like it's going to be Rangers vs Habs in the first round. A lot of the habs fans over on hf think of it as ''pay back'' for 2014. I don't really see it that way. They still went to the stanley cup finals and at least put up a fight. Still we're going to crush them, and I'm going to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back