NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Buston Matthews leaves the game and the Laffs score. Matthews the problem confirmed.

Dang, that was a bit soft.

Edit: They called it on Pasta with the slash which was legit.

Just need Skinner to have a bad game.

Wasn't just that... In game one they didn't even look like they could control the puck long enough to get it out of their zone, let alone into the Oilers zone with control of the puck

so glad the stars won their last game and the canucks lost their last game otherwise we'd be in the same position and i definately would not be wanting to play vegas. they put us out of the playoffs before, and it's never fun to take on an 8th seed because theyve been in the zone playing hard as fuck every day and fighting tooth and nail just to get into the playoffs and theyve got nothing to lose, going up against a team who's already locked in and is coasting along maybe with their confidence a little too high and probably giving lots of the players time off before the start of the playoffs.

they should have a playoff "draft" where it goes in order of the top 4 teams, where each of the top 4 teams in order of #1 - #4 come forward and pick the remaining bottom 5-8 team that they would like to play in the first round of the playoffs. guaranteed that many of the top #1 seeds would be picking the 6'th or 7'th team over the 8'th team because the 8'th team is hungry and they clawed their way in, and they probably got all of the momentum on their side

i'm just glad to be playing nashville instead of vegas but i would have preferred LA. i dont even know how the fuck nashville got in this thing either but they must have been tearing it up for the last month. edmonton and los angeles making the playoffs was a cinderella story as well, i would never have had my money on that.

but yeah anybody playing vegas 1st round is gonna be a chefs kiss. even going in as the top seed i would not at all feel comfortable having to play them. for a stars fan thats gotta be pretty miserating. the series is going along exactly as i would expect it.

The PWHL are trying that aren't they?

You really shouldn't be drinking this early in the morning.
You won 4-2
Lost 4-1
Won 2-1

Not exactly tearing anybody's ass up.

Plus, wasn't it maybe 3 years ago all the Canucks fans wanted JT shipped out?

It probably happened 3 days ago, too

Leaf fans are the absolute worst. Down by two with the goalie pulled and you could hear a pin drop in the arena.

Dallas with 18 shots on goal with 2min left in the 1st, and only one goal to show for it.

Those are full game stats for the Leafs.

What's there to update? You don't use the word "again" multiple times. "First round loser again" is already sufficient
He gets to add Jim Montgomery to the list of coaches that have out coached him in the playoffs. Not that it will matter when his next destination is probably joining his friend in Pittsburgh.

Vegas getting their asses kicked. This is unbelievable, Vegas can not do fuck all.

Back