Next for Sage Northcutt?

I mean we dont wanna throw him to the wolves but who's next? He's gotta fight a LW somewhere in......somewhere in the top 30-50?

maybe Bobby Green? Marcin Held?

He can fight one these old school bamfs who are fading..
like Diego Sanchez? Joe Lauzon? Ross Pearson?
Let him get knocked around by a brain damaged Diego, then choked out by a random LW making his debut.

Makdessi or Erik Koch, two vets not that dangerous and not cans either. Keep building him up, Sage will be a star no doubt, his last fight was very exciting and impressive.

He's at the point where it wouldn't be of much benefit to give him a promotional newcomer, but he's not yet ready to take on formidable competition near the top of the division. I don't like the idea of giving him someone like Sanchez or Lauzon who are mere fragments of the fighters they used to be, but I do think it would be interesting to give him someone who is on a losing skid and desperately needs a win. I'd go with Bobby Green, assuming he's not getting released soon, since there would be much to prove for both of them in that fight. It would also be amusing to see how Sage responds to Bobby's antics, their interactions would be worth watching.

The fact of the matter is that Sage's style would give him a win over McGregor. I am not a gambling man but if I were I would have no fear of laying down a $1000 bucks on Sage if he were to fight McGregor anytime from today onward. McGregor fights mainly smaller guys (only Diaz who really is too slow, and Jo Duffy both of whom he lost to). Poirier was sapped from weight cutting, Alvarez was a paper champ and actually smaller than McGregor (see face offs) and the win over Aldo was pure luck and more Aldo's mistake than McGregor's prowess.
This is the reason he is so hesitant about defending that belt against Ferguson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back