New Weight Classes - Realignment

Not even remotely projecting, it's quite obvious what's going on when you have almost 23,000 posts and have such animosity towards another human being. I don't have that luxury with a full time job, military duties and paying my way through college. If you had remotely the same amount of responsibility, there'd be no way to amass so many posts.

Lol at the fact you look at this as "winning and losing". There is no "winning" on an online forum, especially when you'll keep coming back with more and more and more and more and more just to "get that win!".

Here's some advice, don't validate yourself through "winning" on an online forum lmao it's lowkey a little sad.

Anyway, I'm out. I don't have time for this nonsense. No matter what I, or anyone else says, you'll have some form of a "word spinning comment". So congrats! You "won" lol

P.s. I'm pulling for you to hit 28,000 posts by the end of the year, I bet you can do it! Just keep bullshitting your way through, you'll get there in no time.

No actual argument. Projecting hard. Running away from arguments.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Racists support segregation based on skin color, a physical trait. You support segregation based on size, another physical trait. Please tell me how they are different on a fundamental level. If I had erected a strawman like you did, I would have claimed that you are "exactly like a racist", which I clearly didn't.

There's also nothing genius or artistic about what I said, all it is is basic logic and common sense. If you think one needs to be a genius to understand why segregation based on physical traits is bad then I don't know what to tell you.
no no, i agree. to have weight classes is fundamentally equal to enslaving and oppressing a race for three hundred years. you truly are on to something here. the only issue i find is that the fighters you are looking to liberate are so indoctrinated they themselves might oppose you... especially anyone under 200lbs. do you propose we enforce this freedom upon them, or should they attain it on their own?

but, we should consider the option that the world simply might not be ready for your brilliance right now. i fear you'll only be appreciated posthumously.

no no, i agree. to have weight classes is fundamentally equal to enslaving and oppressing a race for three hundred years. you truly are on to something here. the only issue i find is that the fighters you are looking to liberate are so indoctrinated they themselves might oppose you... especially anyone under 200lbs. do you propose we enforce this freedom upon them, or should they attain it on their own?

but, we should consider the option that the world simply might not be ready for your brilliance right now. i fear you'll only be appreciated posthumously.

Nobody can force you to fight big guys if you don't want to. However, understand by willingly segregating yourself from the larger fighters, you're conceding the fact that you're inferior and need to be protected, and shouldn't go around running your mouth about being one of the best, because you're not, you're being segregated from the best.

Meanwhile the option to compete at open weight should be afforded to anyone of any size or gender, who has the balls to test themselves on an equal, open playing field, and success there should be rewarded more than in any division. That's why I'm talking about adopting the old Pride structure, it offered the flexibility of both standard weight classes and open weight competitions with huge size discrepancies.

Keep chugging on towards 28,000! Maybe mom will give you your allowance then! You can do it, kiddo. One shit post at a time, keep 'em coming!

"Anyway, I'm out. I don't have time for this nonsense."

Comes back with a mom joke

<36>

I literally destroyed your argument so badly, made you so butthurt you ate your own words just to lash out once more. Talk about being a sore loser. Are you done this time? Got it out of your system or are you going to lash out some more for my attention because you're so ronrey?

<JonesLaugh>

BTW, my like to post ratio is 3:1. Yours is 1:1. I've literally been able to maintain a far higher post quality than you with many times more post. You really are a terrible troll.

Nobody can force you to fight big guys if you don't want to. However, understand by willingly segregating yourself from the larger fighters, you're conceding the fact that you're inferior and need to be protected, and shouldn't go around running your mouth about being one of the best, because you're not, you're being segregated from the best.

Meanwhile the option to compete at open weight should be afforded to anyone of any size or gender, who has the balls to test themselves on an equal, open playing field, and success there should be rewarded more than in any division. That's why I'm talking about adopting the old Pride structure, it offered the flexibility of both standard weight classes and open weight competitions with huge size discrepancies.
yeah those pride open weight matches really showed us who was the best.

btw, which sports do you consider to have true meritocracy, with an equal, open playing field?

yeah those pride open weight matches really showed us who was the best.

It absolutely did. We got to know that Fedor was the best, we got to see how Minowaman would do against giants, how BJ would do against an LHW IRL, how someone who's basically an elite modern WW like Saku would do against guys who outweighed him 50lbs. Those were actual meaningful and entertaining fights far more useful than any bullshit fantasy P4P debate.

btw, which sports do you consider to have true meritocracy, with an equal, open playing field?

Perfect meritocracy does not exist, because nothing is perfect, but any sport that does away with size segregation is a significant improvement over MMA or boxing.

two people don't equal an entire division and now without them they're back to not selling.

Terrible comment.

FW and WMMA barely exist and already two of the biggest stars of the sport originate from those weightdivisions.

As if besides GSP welterweight sold anything noteworthy, or middleweight besides Anderson.

Lol terrible comment.

No TS, here is what we should do:

• minimumweight, 105 pounds (48 kg)
  • light flyweight, 108 pounds (49 kg)
  • flyweight, 112 pounds (51 kg)
  • super flyweight, 115 pounds (52 kg)
  • bantamweight, 118 pounds (53.5 kg)
  • super bantamweight, 122 pounds (55 kg)
  • featherweight, 126 pounds (57 kg)
  • super featherweight, 130 pounds (59 kg)
  • lightweight, 135 pounds (61 kg)
  • super lightweight, 140 pounds (63.5 kg)
  • welterweight, 147 pounds (67 kg)
  • super welterweight, 154 pounds (70 kg)
  • middleweight, 160 pounds (72.5 kg)
  • super middleweight, 168 pounds (76 kg)
  • light heavyweight, 175 pounds (79 kg)
  • cruiserweight, 200 pounds (91 kg)
  • heavyweight, unlimited

That way everyone has a fair shot

And? Are you suggesting 7'+ slobs in the NBA are more skilled than 5'8" basketball wizards who can't even make it in because they're too short? Are you suggesting Usain Bolt is the most skilled sprinter in the world, and his size plays no factor in him being the fastest guy in the world?

UFC = Ultimate FIGHTING Championships, not Ultimate SKILL Championships. It should be about who's the best FIGHTER, and fighting is a combination of size, strength, skills, mental fortitude, IQ, cardio etc. It's never been about who's the most SKILLED, or who's the STRONGEST, or who's got the best CARDIO, or any individual attribute.

And Stipe would beat em all, bam theres your sport. Maybe occasionally the belt will move hands between Stipe, Ngannou, DC, the next HW challenger etc. Maybe we'll see some guys at LHW like Jones or Gus make it kinda interesting every once in a while. But otherwise everyone below that would be driven out of the sport and we would be stuck with a shallow HW division, mixed with some overachievers from LHW.

The sport would get stale quick, the same names would dominate, and we would be missing out on fights such as Aldo vs Mendes 2, Conor vs Nate 2, Gaethje vs MJ, TJ vs Cody and so on. As such the sport would get boring, nobody would care, people would be less entertained, the UFC would lose money, and seeing as to how the purpose of the UFC is to entertain people and to make the UFC money, your idea by definition sucks balls for everyone involved.

Its funny how you think people who cant lose the idea of weightclasses are the same ones that think weed is still bad or whatever outdated idea you listed, when in reality you also cling on to the history of sports having no weightclasses as some universal truth, when in reality clinging on to that idea is the same as clinging on to the idea of weightclasses.

It absolutely did. We got to know that Fedor was the best, we got to see how Minowaman would do against giants, how BJ would do against an LHW IRL, how someone who's basically an elite modern WW like Saku would do against guys who outweighed him 50lbs. Those were actual meaningful and entertaining fights far more useful than any bullshit fantasy P4P debate.

Perfect meritocracy does not exist, because nothing is perfect, but any sport that does away with size segregation is a significant improvement over MMA or boxing.

true, true. fedor vs hong man choi was far more meaningful than fedor vs nogueira or cro cop.

oh man, that's depressing. why can't we have a single sport we could support without also being supportive of slavery? momma told me all men are born equal. damn it, i enjoyed both being a participant and spectator in sports! this sucks, big time.

true, true. fedor vs hong man choi was far more meaningful than fedor vs nogueira or cro cop.

It could easily have been. Bob Sapp was able to beat the K-1 HW Grand Prix champion 2x via size and athleticism alone, he also almost beat Nog, in one of Nog's toughest fights. Had Choi got slightly better attributes, he could have easily been Fedor's toughest challenge. Hindsight is 20/20. I would absolutely say some of Minowaman's mismatches were his toughest fights, same with Saku, and BJ vs. Machida is easily one of BJ's most impressive fights. You need that open weight to find out where everyone's truly at, that's the bottom line.

oh man, that's depressing. why can't we have a single sport we could support without also being supportive of slavery? momma told me all men are born equal. damn it, i enjoyed both being a participant and spectator in sports! this sucks, big time.

Your garden variety passive aggressiveness is duly noted, goof.

It could easily have been. Bob Sapp was able to beat the K-1 HW Grand Prix champion 2x via size and athleticism alone, he also almost beat Nog, in one of Nog's toughest fights. Had Choi got slightly better attributes, he could have easily been Fedor's toughest challenge. Hindsight is 20/20. I would absolutely say some of Minowaman's mismatches were his toughest fights, same with Saku, and BJ vs. Machida is easily one of BJ's most impressive fights. You need that open weight to find out where everyone's truly at, that's the bottom line.

if only floyd had fought klitschko instead of alvarez, then we'd truly know how good he was. as it is, he's just another nobody from a dying sport no one gives a shit about.

mma is in trouble, and it's all because of the segraggation. we're really missing out on some great fights with this weight class bullshit. the guys who think they're having tough fights don't have the slightest clue what tough is, they should fight someone who outweighs them by 70lbs, then they'll know the meaning of the word tough. the sport would be flourishing like it still is in japan, if only we did things the way they did them in 2003, where they had nothing but open weight matches.

Your garden variety passive aggressiveness is duly noted, goof.

oh my, how will i ever recover.

Changing the welterweight to 175 and creating a new 165 division makes sense, but there's no depth in the heavier divisions to add yet another one.

It's a lame tactic to move WW to 175, just to get LWs to move to 165. Because we know LWs who would have fought at 165 would just have fought at 170 which they aren't.

What they need to do is raise the weights of all classes below WW by 5 lbs. That way each division keeps their title lineage, but it eliminates the massive 15 lb gap between LW and WW.

130 FLW
140 BW
150 FW
160 LW
170 WW

It also increases the competition pool for FLW, which is greatly needed.

if only floyd had fought klitschko instead of alvarez, then we'd truly know how good he was. as it is, he's just another nobody from a dying sport no one gives a shit about.

If Floyd fought Klitchko to a decision loss when both were on top, he would have proven himself way more than any amount of wins in his own division. Fact. Bob Sapp was one of Nog's toughest fights, Fact. Floyd is a big draw, but he is an average pro boxer at best, and never proved himself against a real challenge, just like Conor McGregor is an average MMA fighter in the UFC at best, but is by far the biggest draw. Jon Jones or Miocic would be far better tests for Conor than anyone at LW.

The fact that the business side does not align with the sports meritocracy side in either sport is testament to how backwards and unfair the current system is. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds of fighters who are better than its biggest stars. In what other non segregated sport is this the case?

mma is in trouble, and it's all because of the segraggation. we're really missing out on some great fights with this weight class bullshit. the guys who think they're having tough fights don't have the slightest clue what tough is, they should fight someone who outweighs them by 70lbs, then they'll know the meaning of the word tough. the sport would be flourishing like it still is in japan, if only we did things the way they did them in 2003, where they had nothing but open weight matches.

What's wrong with fighters fighting someone who's 70lbs bigger? Are you saying someone who's 70lbs bigger or smaller than you should not be treated the same, or subject to the same standards of judgement? What's the next item on the menu for discrimination, skin color? There is literally zero argument from a meritocratic POV. The same argument you can make for small fighters having their own weight classes, can be made for track athletes, tennis players, basketball players...If you're 5'3" like MM, you have almost no shot in any sport...save for fighting and weight lifting, because the rest of the sports world do not segregate based on physical size, and they're flourishing just fine.

oh my, how will i ever recover.

Keep going goof, I got all day.

This is stupid. How do you think these weight classes were formed? To be politically correct? Why hasn't boxing made the move to one weight class?

I don't want to watch only LHWs, or "who is the single best". I want to watch Mixed Martial Arts, and MMA at 200lbs and MMA at 150 are very different games.

We agreed a long time ago 145ers are not the best, but fight fans want to see physically evenly matched competitors in a battle where fight technique is the strongest determining factor in who wins.

Tennis, NBA, ect. the entertainment is on determine who is the best at the sport. We agreed a loooong time ago, the bigger stronger guy is better at fighting. We're tired of seeing that. I don't want to see a LHW sit on a talented welterweight in a fight. In an open weight world, the fights do not get more interesting. Techniques won't change rapidly. They become repetitive and predictable.

This is the opinion from someone who has been blessed with combat sports going through growing pains 100s of years ago, but its too long ago to grasp the lessons, imo. You need to step backwards to see why were are here.

Part of it is politics actually. Not that its wrong. One of the reasons why boxing has so many weight classes, especially in the lower end is because promoters from different countries wanted it. It gives them champions and championships to fight for because they have talent in those weight ranges.

In boxing, different weight classes cater to different markets.

US, UK: WW to HW
Philippines, Japan, Thailand: Minimumweight to FW
Central-Asia: BW to MW
Mexico, Africa: FLW to MW

Honestly the way things are going in the higher weightclasses talent wise I think they need fewer not more.

Perhaps replace 185 and 205 with 195 Hendoweight? bigger LHW's like Jones, Gus, etc go to HW, smaller ones like Shogun go to MW.

The UFC should adjust and add some weight classes. Here is the new proposed weight classes with the Champions assigned.

• Flyweight. 125 lb - Demetrious Johnson
  • Bantamweight. 135 lb - TJ Dillashaw
  • Featherweight. 145 lb - Max Holloway
  • Lightweight. 155 lb - Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Super lightweight. 165 lb - Tyrone Woodley (or he can leave open)
  • Welterweight. 175 lb - Tyrone Woodley
  • Middleweight 185 lb - Robert Whitaker
  • Super Middleweight 195 lbs - Daniel Cormier (or he can leave open)
  • Light Heavyweight 205 - Daniel Cormier
  • Heavyweight 265 - Stipe Miocic
  • Open Class (Any Weight) - Stipe Miocic (or he can leave open)

The new adds are at 165 - 195 - and Open Weight. I think this will help more champion vs. champion fights and the Open Class would be awesome. Mighty Mouse can take a crack at anyone... once he's done ducking TJ.

Thoughts?
The only problem I see, is that if these classes were going to be implemented...it should have happened years ago. Now there's too much established history in each belt. having 3 extra weight classes would mean that we have to have more fight cards. That's not something I think the UFC needs more of at this point. I think they need to stay where they are..even have a few less cards per year. Maybe just throw a couple extra fights on each card.

Should the UFC entertain such a plan, I suppose it would work eventually. But it would def shake up the current fighters divisions. There would prob be more inter-weight class shifting. Some fighters would regularly be fighting in 2-3 weight classes.

Back