New TUF season why do they seed them and match no.1 vs no.16?

i highly doubt the number 16 cares about going against number 1

in their minds they're all number 1 and if they don't think that then they'll lose anyway

Haha I remember as a kid getting all excited during the HBO intro :D

Hell yeah! Every Saturday night they would premiere a new movie and once that intro started you knew shit was about to go down!

Hahahahaha that longass lanky Jon Jones motherfucker got laid out in seconds.

Doesn't always happen. An upset is bound to happen probably. I sure hope it's Charlie Alaniz( went to my high school)
Agreed. That is the other reason to have the tourney rather than just lining up #1 vs #2 to start. You have to earn it and everybody has a shot.

Im not sure how they seeded the fighters. I have no idea about this season of tuf, but in all fairness teams get to fight for their seed all season before the playoffs. Are they matching fighters with seeds based on records? How do we know who gets the one seed? The eye test? I am not sure a fair way to do this other than random.

Fair has nothing to do with it. The fair way is to seed the fighters according to how good they are as fighters.

if they really want to find the ultimate fighter, they should change it to a round robin tournament....mostly joking

This is potentially the dumbest question I have ever seen on Sherdog.

This actually hurt to read...good God...

in their minds they're all number 1 and if they don't think that then they'll lose anyway

Somewhat true to a point. But you gotta know after a week or so training with folks and seeing them around the house and gym that certain fighters are easier fights than others. Ya, you gotta win the whole thing at some point. But you'd much rather get an "easier" first fight than take on the perceived best fighter in the house right away.

In the women's season you don't think Angela Hill would have rather fought Emily Kagen or Lisa Ellis instead of Carla Esparza?

Not calling you out, just saying it does make a litlte difference.

if that isn't your mindset, you're in the wrong sport.

Its to try and get the perceived best fighters into the latter rounds, so we hopefully get to see the best rising to the top.

Also, its no different to the coaches picking really - majority of the time, the coach picks the perceived worst guy on the opposition team to face his #1 pick and so forth.

I jsut want to know why Yoni Sherbatov was ranked #2 over guys like Tim Elliott, Page, Ogikubo and others who are within like the top 50 of world flyweight rankings

Back