New BJJ Scout

why are some of his opinions silly? I find his videos great and informative. some of them have greatly enhanced my game not by showing me new moves, but helping me organize them into an arsenal from specific situations/positions.

I agree that the Merkel is a failing tactic agains the Lucas Leite half guard, but he even says that and is basically asking the viewers for help or to encourage themselves to think of a way to apply it. He admits it is hard to get rid of their undertook

yetanother seems particularly salty. wonder what the agenda is. The argument he is trying to make that the only reason the videos are worth watching is to see footage is nonsensical (but maybe he is trying to rally a mob here, though I don't see it forming).

BUT if yetanother is a name/famous, I take it all back, cause then what he says should be accepted, no matter its merits.

I've been disappointed on a couple of his last vids, the Maia series though, that was gold.

Besides, even if you do happen to like putting the boots in, there are still ways to keep your opponent broken down flat and prevent stand ups, something i think would definitely fit into Maia's back attack game and be a big benefit to work on.

3:15

Damn that was brutal lol

Cool vid. Dunno why you have that opinion of BJJScout. Many of his vids are pure gold, and this one covers a tactic that we have already seen from high level fighters for many years, so not much controversy there. I'm guessing you get a bit triggered from a perceived attack on the holiness of BJJ?

Bjj scout is some no name guy with what seems like a judo background.

This sounds to me like a guess. I was under the impression from the earlier post that you knew who he actually is.

My opinion of his analysis is while they are well produced and worth watching for the actual video footage a lot of his opinions are over generalized and sometimes a bit silly. Like when he tries to make up a "concept" like the weaves video from a much of different techniques. Or the not going to happen defence of the Lucas Leite half with the Merkel.

Well that's just, like, your opinion.

Cool vid. Dunno why you have that opinion of BJJScout. Many of his vids are pure gold, and this one covers a tactic that we have already seen from high level fighters for many years, so not much controversy there. I'm guessing you get a bit triggered from a perceived attack on the holiness of BJJ?
I made a a joke about how someone would misinterpret the video on Reddit.. holy shit I should have put a trigger warning or something

isnt it basically this what GSP has been doing for a long time?

Yes. Khabib as well (I actually think Khabib would have been a better subject for the video because he uses almost no BJJ other than a few submissions, his game is almost entirely wrestling for GNP).

Cool vid. Dunno why you have that opinion of BJJScout. Many of his vids are pure gold.

I like a lot of the BJJScout they show some interesting stuff sometimes it's just that I disagree with a lot of his opinions/analysis.

Yes, I agree that the turtle is a good place to ground and pound from, but the part 2:38 where he claimed that Askren's BJJ sucks was IMHO just stupid. Askren was guard passing his opponents at will.

Askren would destroy all his defeated opponents under IBJJF rules too.

I like a lot of the BJJScout they show some interesting stuff sometimes it's just that I disagree with a lot of his opinions/analysis.

Yes, I agree that the turtle is a good place to ground and pound from, but the part 2:38 where he claimed that Askren's BJJ sucks was IMHO just stupid. Askren was guard passing his opponents at will.

Askren would destroy all his defeated opponents under IBJJF rules too.
Um dude he in no way implies Askrens bjj "sucks" he was pointing out the obvious fact that Askrens wrestling will always be light years ahead of his bjj especially while he's still fighting. You are either deliberately nitpicking because the people really behind the video offends you that much or having trouble understanding the point the video is making

Um dude he in no way implies Askrens bjj "sucks" he was pointing out the obvious fact that Askrens wrestling will always be light years ahead of his bjj especially while he's still fighting. You are either deliberately nitpicking because the people really behind the video offends you that much or having trouble understanding the point the video is making

I'm betting on this one.

"I disagree with a lot of his opinions/analysis"

He disagrees with ALOT, maybe it was something else that triggered him. Hopefully he will elaborate so that we can be persuaded by his well argued opinion/analysis rather than just ponder at his bare assertion.

Exactly. The point wasn't that his BJJ sucks, just that his submission acumen is not high enough to justify entering dominant BJJ positions instead of dominant wrestling positions.

Back