Never thought I'd say this....but maybe Conor ruined the sport

The mutual handies have turned the promotion into the McUFC for sure.
Being a fan of Conor at this point is like being a fan of Goldman Sachs. What's the point?

as a Boston native my girlfriend and I attend every UFC event that comes to our city and this event was no different. But as I came to the weigh ins/presser I noticed a major change in the post Conor/floyd atmosphere and it was downright SICKENING.

Half the live crowd was chanting "CONOR !" As the room filled up with people and I even heard people yelling "YOU TAPPED OUT" to tony.....I ask a random sittin next to me "why are they saying that?" He retorts with a smile "tony is gnna get SUBBED like a bitch by Conor if he tries to take him down"

Everyone showed up drunk. Treated tony like shit.
They were nice to khabib and Frankie and max though,

Is this the post mcgregor era or are we inline for something even more sinister when Conor returns?

You feel that way because you're new to MMA.

as a Boston native my girlfriend and I attend every UFC event that comes to our city and this event was no different. But as I came to the weigh ins/presser I noticed a major change in the post Conor/floyd atmosphere and it was downright SICKENING.

Half the live crowd was chanting "CONOR !" As the room filled up with people and I even heard people yelling "YOU TAPPED OUT" to tony.....I ask a random sittin next to me "why are they saying that?" He retorts with a smile "tony is gnna get SUBBED like a bitch by Conor if he tries to take him down"

Is this the post mcgregor era or are we inline for something even more sinister when Conor returns?

It's easy to blame Conor, but drunk idiot fans that know nothing have been around before and will be around after Conor. The reason Tony has been getting sh*t is because Tony's been trolling fans on Twitter.

If all you do is cry on an internet forum of course you're going to think he's "ruining the sport".

He's not the 1st fighter to hold up the belt for more money or big match ups.
Tito Ortiz was doing it before you were probably born.

Title fights are continuing and the UFC is rolling on.
You're overreacting like a big girl.

Correct

But just remember public opinion is turning against him and it’s glorious

Its fantastic seeing people starting to turn, this place was fucking awful for a few years, full of retards who had only seen ronda and conor fights

Did you ask him what his Sherdog name was???

Your girlfriend deserves a better UFC event and a better boyfriend,

but for the moment she will learn to love both.

Fear not.
Conor won't return.

But yeah, this is the era post Conor.

I recall on their "world tour" where it was the first time I notice a blatant disrespect to a fighter... to a champion (Aldo).
People openly cursing at him, and the fucking baldface was laughing and loving it.
Instead of demanding respect for his champion, he was loving how the drunk mob was cursing at him.

I was in shock. But then I remembered it was fucking Greedy Dana... and was sad for the sport of MMA> because they dropped all pretense. It was just the greed era.

So much whiney drama. Do you ever look in the mirror and cry because Conor dictates your feelings?

people in general are stupid. At hooters for the second connie diaz fight this guy kept talking nate up to my table like nate was the greatest of all time and going to son connie with ease and that he would tap in 2 minutes. Little did he know that Nate is the king of losing big fights.

I’m confused. Is the sport ruined because fans are mean to tony or is it ruined because they are nice to everyone else?

Yes that does sound like the sport is ruined
After hearing your experience with a few casuals i'm not sure how I will be able to enjoy the fights now
<mma3>

people in general are stupid. At hooters for the second connie diaz fight this guy kept talking nate up to my table like nate was the greatest of all time and going to son connie with ease and that he would tap in 2 minutes. Little did he know that Nate is the king of losing big fights.
You realize he was predicting something close to what had already happened?

'The sport' is better than ever. McGregor, USADA, WME and Reebok and are equally responsible for ruining the UFC. It serves them right imo.

Yeah sure the fights will suck tonight because of Conor? Shut the hell up and watch the fights and stop worrying about the dumb drama. It doesn't change anything.

He's one of the first guys trying to GET PAID like a KING after years of EVERYONE bitching about fighter pay.

Can you imagine risking your entire life and brain health for fucking 8 grand to show and 8 grand to win??? Wake up, calm down and watch the fights and stop being BETA.

There's no doubt Conor appeals to the lowest common denominator. No intelligent adult with any kind of self-respect/awareness could possibly be a fan of someone so obnoxious, so unlikeable, so devoid of any real substance or any redeemable qualities. To like Conor is to acknowledge that you're an awful human being with no ethics or morals.

^^^^^^^^^

Pure pond life!

Thankfully, there is no stigma attached towards supporting Conor for degenerates like me, so I'm free to buy as many bottles of god-awful whiskey as I please.

My thoughts exactly.

Sometimes I wonder how and why on earth Conor is as popular as he is, then I kind of remember that the mainstream majority are fans of people like Kim Kardashian, so it makes sense.

Conor is basically the MMA Kim Kardashian, with a modicum of fighting ability.

Back