Need Some Travel Advice From The Sherdog Amateur Travel Agents

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This December will mark 7 years with my girlfriend, we didn't get to do much last year as money was a lot tighter. Money situation has improved a lot this year and I want to treat her to a nice vacation. Money is good, but not great so I want to stay within the US but that's fine as neither of us has traveled much within the states anyway.

I've been considering a couple locations and it seems New Orleans, Miami, and New York are three cool tourist locations that neither of us have been to. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these places in terms of tourism appeal? Safety and comfort? Hotels, attractions, etc.. Alla that.

Also, I know travel agents are seldom used in 2018 but given my lack of experience with travel I thought it may be a good idea? Suggestions would be great. I know next to nothing about travel, just looking to have a good time.

Any advice is appreciated!

For things to do anywhere you can look at Urban Adventures, they have a "24 hours in" section that gives a good rundown as if you had limited time, and you can just stretch it out.

Seven years and still a GF huh...

For things to do anywhere you can look at Urban Adventures, they have a "24 hours in" section that gives a good rundown as if you had limited time, and you can just stretch it out.
Thanks man I'll check it out.

Someone help TS out. He needs to take his right hand on vacation.

This December will mark 7 years with my girlfriend, we didn't get to do much last year as money was a lot tighter. Money situation has improved a lot this year and I want to treat her to a nice vacation. Money is good, but not great so I want to stay within the US but that's fine as neither of us has traveled much within the states anyway.

I've been considering a couple locations and it seems New Orleans, Miami, and New York are three cool tourist locations that neither of us have been to. Does anyone have any opinions on any of these places in terms of tourism appeal? Safety and comfort? Hotels, attractions, etc.. Alla that.

Also, I know travel agents are seldom used in 2018 but given my lack of experience with travel I thought it may be a good idea? Suggestions would be great. I know next to nothing about travel, just looking to have a good time.

Any advice is appreciated!

exterior.jpg

126946137.jpg

dff4d735_z.jpg

wes374gr-203011-Diamond-20Ocean-20Front-20Guest-20Room.jpg

moana_surfrider_a_westin_resort_26veranda2.jpg

assetfactory.aspx

101992.jpg

Moana Surfrider

Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii

Treat yourself playboy
<{silvanormal}>

I know Miami and New York pretty well. @Cint can help you with New Orleans. In Miami, I'd recommend staying at The Standard in Miami Beach. I've stayed there a lot and it's awesome. Beautiful view of the bay, HUGE pool and hot chicks. Fogo de Chao is a good place to eat, especially if you've worked up an appetite.

New York has so many places to stay it's hard to narrow it down. They also have a Standard there, but I haven't stayed there. I can't even remember the name of a lot of places I've stayed in New York. I kind of feel like it's just best to go there and not plan too much. It's a walking city and Manhattan is essentially the center of the universe.

exterior.jpg

126946137.jpg

dff4d735_z.jpg

wes374gr-203011-Diamond-20Ocean-20Front-20Guest-20Room.jpg

moana_surfrider_a_westin_resort_26veranda2.jpg

assetfactory.aspx

101992.jpg

Moana Surfrider

Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii

Treat yourself playboy
<{silvanormal}>
Love Hawaii, we went last year! Just not as a couple went with my whole family. Want something different given we were there recently.

I know Miami and New York pretty well. @Cint can help you with New Orleans. In Miami, I'd recommend staying at The Standard in Miami Beach. I've stayed there a lot and it's awesome. Beautiful view of the bay, HUGE pool and hot chicks. Fogo de Chao is a good place to eat, especially if you've worked up an appetite.

New York has so many places to stay it's hard to narrow it down. They also have a Standard there, but I haven't stayed there. I can't even remember the name of a lot of places I've stayed in New York. I kind of feel like it's just best to go there and not plan too much. It's a walking city and Manhattan is essentially the center of the universe.
Thanks man. I'll check out that hotel. Any recommended activities? Fogo de Chao is good. We have one here in San Jose.

Free rides don't exist, but the blowjobs get easier the more you travel.

@Arkridge What are you guys into doing in your spare time? Those 3 cities are very different experiences.

@Arkridge What are you guys into doing in your spare time? Those 3 cities are very different experiences.
We like to do the touristy shit when we travel. Tours, sight seeing, drinking and nightlife. Nice restaurants, etc..

I would cross New Orleans off and narrow it to Miami or New York. New Orleans is dirty AF.

I’ve been to New York a dozen times, but never in December. It will be cold, but it should be awesome around Christmas time. There’s a ton of stuff you and your gf would enjoy (Empire State building, Broadway, Times Square, various sports, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, ice skating at Rockefeller Center, tons of good restaurants, etc.).

I’ll let others comment on Miami. I don’t know Miami as well. It’s a different pace though, but the weather would be better.

I’ve been to Miami a few times but it was always quick in and out stays so I didn’t get to see much(fly in for a meeting, fly back next am type)

So that’s where I’d want to go but I can’t help much with recommendations

For New Orleans i like staying at the hotel Lafayette because of location and decent price for a suite.

It’s quite there so after the nightlife you can sleep good.

It’s an old hotel and dog friendly with a park next door.

As far as what to do there, well eat and drink lol.

Haven’t been to New Orleans yet but been to NYC twice and had a ball each time. There is just so much to do there, and insane choices for eating out.

If you go, there are plenty of only guides that offer you suggested itineraries on what to do, what to see etc.

The hop on hop off bus tours is a great way to see the city, as you get off anywhere along the route and just get on another one when you’re ready to move on.

New Orleans. Its the best place I ever been personally in the US, and I been abroad too and nothing was as good it. New Orleans is such a awesome place for visitors.

Plus @Cint lives there.

Back