Need help locating an MMA fight

FaithandJoy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This was a Showtime non PPV MMA event. It aired between the years of 2008-2012. It featured a man with long hair who was white and a man who was Mexican or Mexican American. The fight featured the white man running around the ring, evading all the takedown attempts of the Mexican fighter, while throwing potshots, which the crowd found displeasing. The Mexican man won the fight.

I don't really have any other information. I don't now what MMA brand it was and I'm not clear on the year. I just remember these details of the fight.

Thanks for your help.

Not enough details, but if it was Showtime then the promotion was likely ShoXC, EliteXC or Strikeforce.

How long was his hair?
How Mexican was the other guy?

What weight the fight was? At least above FW, above WW, above LHW?

How long was his hair?

They were at least Welterweights or above. Likely above.

White guy's hair was curly.

Edit: Also, the fight probably took place in 2011

Depending on how certain you are on the date, that narrows it down quite a bit. Elite and Sho were ashes and dust by then, so that leaves Strikeforce. 2010-2012 was a great period for MMA though.. StrikeForce had a shit ton of cards in that time frame.

Only a few fighters come to mind when you say long(ish) curly hair.. but none that I can recall ever fighting in StrikeForce. A ton of Mexican/American fighters come to mind, and plenty fought in StrikeForce.. fuck.. at this very moment there is a Mexican or Mexican American fighting someone/something.. guaranteed.

When I get home I will do some detective work...

Depending on how certain you are on the date, that narrows it down quite a bit. Elite and Sho were ashes and dust by then, so that leaves Strikeforce. 2010-2012 was a great period for MMA though.. StrikeForce had a shit ton of cards in that time frame.

Only a few fighters come to mind when you say long(ish) curly hair.. but none that I can recall ever fighting in StrikeForce. A ton of Mexican/American fighters come to mind, and plenty fought in StrikeForce.. fuck.. at this very moment there is a Mexican or Mexican American fighting someone/something.. guaranteed.

We can do this! :D

LW or above
Ended in a Decision
Long curly hair american white fighter
Mexican fighter (winner)
Probably Strikeforce 2010-2012

TS:

Do you remember if the fight was at the beginning, middle or ending of the card?

Are you sure it was in 2011?

Can we say it was at LW/WW/MW or should we look at WW/MW/LHW ?

Guida vs Melendez in Strikeforce?

The white dude was constantly moving his feet, like you would see a Tekken videogame character. He definitely had longish hair that was curly.

Moving his feet, like he didn't stand in place and trade, his feet were constantly moving, even when stationary.

You're actually amazing.

We can do this! :D

LW or above
Ended in a Decision
Long curly hair american white fighter
Mexican fighter (winner)
Probably Strikeforce 2010-2012

TS:

Do you remember if the fight was at the beginning, middle or ending of the card?

Are you sure it was in 2011?

Can we say it was at LW/WW/MW or should we look at WW/MW/LHW ?

I want to say it was main even, but I can't be sure.

I believe it was 2011.

WW/MW/LHW

You're awesome, btw.

If by white you mean japanese, you've described Gilbert Melendez vs Shinya Aoki.

Well I did my research but I can't find a fight who fits well in that description (only Masvidal vs Noons but Noons had his hair short in that fight)
It shouldn't be that difficult to find because A LOT of fights at SF didn't make it to the judges, kinda crazy.

I'm gonna list the white guys with long (and maybe curly) hair who I found it while searching:

Matt Ricehouse
ricehouse.jpg

Kj Noons
KJNoons_450x260.jpg

Tyler Stinson
tyler_stinson.jpg

David Douglas:
Douglas-David-EXC1-3.JPG

Ian Rammel:
Ian-Rammel.jpg

None of those guys look familiar.

I don't think this white guy was a world beater, might only have a few fights under his belt. He literally ran from every take down attempt and threw strikes without ever getting into the clinch.

For some reason I can only think about this one fight, sometimes our memory plays tricks on us so who knows...

IT has a great finale to a bizarre fight anyway so it's worth sharing lol

The white dude was constantly moving his feet, like you would see a Tekken videogame character. He definitely had longish hair that was curly.

Moving his feet, like he didn't stand in place and trade, his feet were constantly moving, even when stationary.

You're actually amazing.
While I appreciate the sentiment... Too bad when I got home, I got drunk and totally forgot. My bad!

Melendez is great, but definitely wasn't him, Might've been part of the same showtime production/promotion though.

That would have been my guess actually. It's a great guess given the clues! They are both really recognizable though, so if you are sure it wasn't that fight, then I guess we will have to keep sleuthing!

How long was his hair?

In. Posting in a legendary thread. "How Mexican was the other guy" is gold.

i spent years searching reeem vs hoffman, dc vs l. browne, bones vs pina and more.....and are videos that doesn't exist, but i will continue

Back