Neck training

I thought the Ironmind harness lets you work in different angles with the side holes?

Also, what other ways can you effectively train your neck? Please don't come with the neck roll bs that snapped up so many peoples spine including Tyson.

Nice attitude. People will surely want to help u now. Try google.com

Please don't come with the neck roll bs that snapped up so many peoples spine including Tyson.
dafuq.jpg

Lol...

Those aren't safe. That's my point. Especially for the results given by such movements. The risk to reward ratio is awful.
Any evidence to back up your claims of athletes breaking their back doing them, especially Tyson?

Neck rolls have been used intensively and successfully in boxing and wrestling programs for ages.

Any evidence to back up your claims of athletes breaking their back doing them, especially Tyson?

Mostly anecdotal from others. But so is the evidence that claims that they're good choices. There's hardly solid evidence or advice on neck training other than the typical harness training which is limited do to its front and back movement.

How about you? Is there evidence that these exercises are legit and work?

Mostly anecdotal from others. But so is the evidence that claims that they're good choices. There's hardly solid evidence or advice on neck training other than the typical harness training which is limited do to its front and back movement.

How about you? Is there evidence that these exercises are legit and work?
You deflected the question. Where is your evidence that Tyson broke his back, and that it had anything to do with neck rolls?

And you don't jump into the wrestler's bridge without prior neck training, the same way you don't jump into deadlifting 600lbs.

You deflected the question. Where is your evidence that Tyson broke his back, and that it had anything to do with neck rolls?

Wtf?... We're grown ass adults? Nobody plays this game of deflecting questions and trying to out do someone even if they're wrong. Nobody cares about ego when it comes to discussion and trying to educate each other. That's not productive at all

So don't accuse me of what you deal with in your personal inner circle. I can assure you I'm not about this ego match up and trying to "win" on a damn forum or even in person...

As for Tyson. It's known that he had neck and back issues. He would go HARD on those neck workouts. I've had others recommend against doing such exercises. Then I also simply observe guys like GGG who does them but has a twig of a neck...

Again, it's anecdotal. What about you? What evidence is there to prove that youre right?

Last edited:
Tyson has back issues after wrecking a motorcycle. It had nothing to do with neck bridges. Tyson, nor anyone near him, ever claimed it had anything to do with his neck bridges.

What is your combat sport experience? I've been working with wrestlers for more than half my life, and boxers since 2004. Everyone does neck bridges. We work people up to it, but we start on bridging with little kids. Like I said it's not something you just jump into, but to say it's too dangerous to consider and it's just snapping people's neck up is ridiculous.

Former wrestler/judoka here, train wrestlers also, Siding with TheeFaulted here. Neck bridges are fine, we've never had a single injury from them in any wrestler i've came across. We had more injuries from wrestlers refusing to do them, then attempting low gut wrenches where their necks weren't strong enough for it.
Can this guy stop posting in threads?

Back