NCAA Wrestling 2015-16

J Rob is done. I think Eggum too. Poorly handled to say the least.

From what I've read I don't have a problem with the way J Robb handled it. It ay have been wrong according to University policy but I don't think he did anything ethically wrong.

I ado agree this could be the end of J Robb, New AD+ lackluster season + this....

From what I've read I don't have a problem with the way J Robb handled it. It ay have been wrong according to University policy but I don't think he did anything ethically wrong.

I ado agree this could be the end of J Robb, New AD+ lackluster season + this....
This, I understand what he was trying to do. Doesn't necessarily excuse it but I understand

I can say that TR Foley in his usual fashion will through J Rob under the bus like he did CD Mock and his son, blame it on folkstyle and look good to his progressive friends on his Friday mailbag. That I'm sure of

This, I understand what he was trying to do. Doesn't necessarily excuse it but I understand

I can say that TR Foley in his usual fashion will through J Rob under the bus like he did CD Mock and his son, blame it on folkstyle and look good to his progressive friends on his Friday mailbag. That I'm sure of

What happened to CD Mock? I wasn't really following at the time but he used to coach a HS that was in my division before he went to NC.

What happened to CD Mock? I wasn't really following at the time but he used to coach a HS that was in my division before he went to NC.
His son Corey got excused of sexual assault at utc. Due process was followed, including DNA tests, which came back negative. (I also know the circumstances and events and it wasn't a "no one believed her she got shamed thing). The university court found him not guilty. A few weeks later the chancellor changed the verdict with no due process or new evidence. Further more, they didn't expel him (which is what the law states) let him take classes but didn't let him wrestle (ranked 6th in the country) and I actually got the starting spot because this happened to him btw. On too of that, major news sites like vice published articles that had straight lies, not embellished, nor twisted, straight lies on national news

CD got pissed his son didn't get due process, was kept out of court and fair trial and selectively punished for something that if you're guilty. The punishment should be carried out fully and to the letter, it is rape. So he started a blog defending and ranting about his son and the issues involved and he got.. a little less than politically correct. He was let go after the year us done

Did he handle the situation the best? No. But TR Foley when he got fired, said Corey was guilty simply by being accused and that CD Mock deserved to get fired and said in a way that wasn't just about promoting a good image of our sport but looking "progressive" in the right way. He also has gone from being thoughtful about his opinions to having such an obnoxious agenda and worrying about looking good to the right people I'm about done with his stuff.

A good way to say it is that TR has stopped giving balanced arguments then stating that this is my opinion which I can respect. He more and more has gone to simply throwing people under the bus even if it later isn't as bad or not all the way true and since he's because UWW employee it's hard to read occasionally. Do That's Why I expect him to throw J Rob under the bus

His son Corey got excused of sexual assault at utc. Due process was followed, including DNA tests, which came back negative. (I also know the circumstances and events and it wasn't a "no one believed her she got shamed thing). The university court found him not guilty. A few weeks later the chancellor changed the verdict with no due process or new evidence. Further more, they didn't expel him (which is what the law states) let him take classes but didn't let him wrestle (ranked 6th in the country) and I actually got the starting spot because this happened to him btw. On too of that, major news sites like vice published articles that had straight lies, not embellished, nor twisted, straight lies on national news

CD got pissed his son didn't get due process, was kept out of court and fair trial and selectively punished for something that if you're guilty. The punishment should be carried out fully and to the letter, it is rape. So he started a blog defending and ranting about his son and the issues involved and he got.. a little less than politically correct. He was let go after the year us done

Did he handle the situation the best? No. But TR Foley when he got fired, said Corey was guilty simply by being accused and that CD Mock deserved to get fired and said in a way that wasn't just about promoting a good image of our sport but looking "progressive" in the right way. He also has gone from being thoughtful about his opinions to having such an obnoxious agenda and worrying about looking good to the right people I'm about done with his stuff.

That's crazy. I've never read or listened to anything from Foley, just follow the sport on the message boards but now I feel like I might have to start trolling him through Social Media.

That's crazy. I've never read or listened to anything from Foley, just follow the sport on the message boards but now I feel like I might have to start trolling him through Social Media.
Everyone trolls him apparently

I don't think he threw J Rob under the bus in the article. He seemed to be on his side.

I don't think he threw J Rob under the bus in the article. He seemed to be on his side.
I haven't checked intermat yet.. so if he's fair and on J Robs side. I stand corrected on my prediction. Not scared to admit when I'm wrong

12009684_834705936643429_4354156963243115585_n.jpg

RIP

JRobb is put on administrative leave and Henson is losing wrestlers right and left at WVU.

If JRobb is out who gets that job? Has to be one of the top 5 jobs in the country. PSU, Iowa, OSU and tOSU being the other 4

@PolishHeadlock

I'd guess that if Robinson is forced to resign/fired then the Gophers could poach just about any school's coach except for the 4 you mentioned and a few others, like Cornell, Missouri, Arizona St, Michigan.

This is so out of left field, I don't even know what to make of it. This could end the tenure for every Gopher coach, get a third or whatever of the team kicked off/suspended.
The university's investigation could go well into the summer, then there is the actual criminal investigation and the potential NCAA investigation.
I don't know how they'll get a coach this summer - regardless of how much of a step up the position will be for the vast majority of candidates it will be difficult to bail on your current program a month or so before the beginning of the academic year.

Who are some candidates that currently aren't coaching another team? Or possible current assistant coach that would be up to what UM wants?

Maybe pursue Marty Morgan, even though he has his own real estate company going maybe Minnesota could persuade him to be an interim coach while they search for a permanent one.

@PolishHeadlock

I'd guess that if Robinson is forced to resign/fired then the Gophers could poach just about any school's coach except for the 4 you mentioned and a few others, like Cornell, Missouri, Arizona St, Michigan.

This is so out of left field, I don't even know what to make of it. This could end the tenure for every Gopher coach, get a third or whatever of the team kicked off/suspended.
The university's investigation could go well into the summer, then there is the actual criminal investigation and the potential NCAA investigation.
I don't know how they'll get a coach this summer - regardless of how much of a step up the position will be for the vast majority of candidates it will be difficult to bail on your current program a month or so before the beginning of the academic year.

Who are some candidates that currently aren't coaching another team? Or possible current assistant coach that would be up to what UM wants?

Maybe pursue Marty Morgan, even though he has his own real estate company going maybe Minnesota could persuade him to be an interim coach while they search for a permanent one.

Minnesota is prime real estate and I think a a lot of coaches will jump at the chance to coach there. That said I expect the investigation to last long enough for them to find the coach they want.

Minnesota is prime real estate and I think a a lot of coaches will jump at the chance to coach there. That said I expect the investigation to last long enough for them to find the coach they want.
Do you think they'll have everything settled by mid August? I realize it is a great position but I think it will be tough to get a coach to leave his school once the 2016-17 academic year starts.

Maybe North Dakota St's Roger Kish, he is a former Gopher.
Or Wyoming's Mark Branch.

Kish sounds like a good choice. I would throw out Bono, when I look at a lot of the programs I don't see a lot of coaches leaving. The schools named, plus you have Mark Perry, Mark Manning, Kevin Dresser, Popolizio, Pat Santoro, Kevin Jackson, plus a bunch more big names. I don't see any of them leaving.

Kish sounds like a good choice. I would throw out Bono, when I look at a lot of the programs I don't see a lot of coaches leaving. The schools named, plus you have Mark Perry, Mark Manning, Kevin Dresser, Popolizio, Pat Santoro, Kevin Jackson, plus a bunch more big names. I don't see any of them leaving.

Lol I think Perry would be there in a heart beat. I think the only 2 who might decline the job are Manning and Dresser and that's because of Mannings age and Dresser probably knows his departure could mean the program gets cut.

It's gonna go the way it did with Ohio State Football. Someone like Luke Fickle will run it for a year, then next year it will be the hottest opening

CSU Bakersfield and Columbia still need head coaches too

On a lighter note: my way too early predictions :D
125: Tomasello over Gillman
133: Clark over Brock
141: Heil over Ashnault
149: Retherford over... anyone lol
157: Shockingly Nolf over anyone
165: Zeke Jordan over Lewis (until I know how IMAR looks and what weight Bo is going)
174: Nickal over Epperly
184: Dean over Rena
197: Cox over whoever
285: Snyder over Coon

Bono is a good candidate.
Perry - Can he take IMar with him?

Manning - As Polish stated, very difficult to see him leaving Nebraska, Minnesota doesn't really have any more to offer than Nebraska. He has built a top program and has tremendous support there - huge budget and incredible facilities.

Santoro - Given his PA roots - he grew up in Bethlehem, family members have competed for Lehigh - I would be really surprised if he left Lehigh.

Jackson - Imo, he is is content to stay in Ames until he retires. Iowa St does have a large budget for wrestling; however, overall their athletic department can't compete with Minnesota.

Popolizio - Another good candidate. Another school that Minnesota buries in the budget & facilities comparison.

Dresser - With VA Tech's recent success, hard to see him leaving there. Additionally he has been in Virginia for nearly 30 years and his wife is from Blacksburg.

Back