Nate Diaz's Coach: Woodley Fight Unlikely Because UFC Doesn't Want to Pay

Fighters should definitely get paid. Just give him a big whopping PPV% - that way if he performs and pulls in those buys he gets paid and if he doesn't, he doesn't.

Nate is getting smart with his big money fights and is likely to make more than Nick Did his entire career.
It will only be smart if he eventually gets a big payday.

Otherwise, he'd be dumb for over playing his hand

They didnt want to pay for holly vs cyborg and the fight is happening...

Negotiations...

Is normal

Sure. If Nate asking for 15 million is just a negotiating tactic for ultimately getting $500,000 then the fight with Woodley may take place.

Diaz fans need to accept that Nate will never, ever step in a cage again. With the possible exception of one fight against one particular opponent.

And even that fight will be dependent on Nate getting paid a sum of money that the UFC may not be able to provide. Nate is done with this game for all intents and purposes.

I like Nate, but let's face it: The maximum amount of money he deserved is only 1M ,that's all.

If he choose not to fight Woodley, that just put him on the same level as Conor : Coward, that's all.

5 mill with the chance of a belt. A decent nights work i'd say.

They didn’t pay the uncrowned king of Canada and former PPV god GSP $15 million to return, Nate doesn’t deserve $15 million.

Some fighters do (active champions, for example) but not Nate and not for a undeserved title fight.

15 million dollars? Thats way too much. Who even cares about nate coming back. Fuck it.

I think Nate overrate himself and is a little dumb to pass on good money like this.

That being said, him playing hard ball like that and probabbly pissing off Dana & Co make me laugh.
Nate is a great troll tbh.
If you go by this logic, the fighters would earn shite.

He's worth it. UFC has the Nate/Conor 3 fight in their pockets. Nate is waiting for that right call for a easy $50+ mill.. why would he fight Tyrone for 40/40 or some bullshit.

Nate doesnt deserve shit. Don't fight then.
He has not done shit since that last McGregor fight, other than whine about getting more money. He's dropped off of every ranking out there and any title fight he gets is an insult to anyone that actually fought in the division recently.

UFC probably wants to give him 2-3 like last time, even though it's not as big of a fight...and they're asking 15. Come on, can't come to a deal like that. There's no negotiating when you start at 15 and maybe settle for 10, when the offer is nowhere close to that.

ok NATE, enough is enough.. $15 million dollars??? are u serious!?!! Daniel Jacobs got $5 million in his fight with GGG and this dude is looking for $15 million to fight woodley LMAO!!!

* i uses jacobs as reference because my friend is his manager.
But Jacobs is not as famous as Nate Diaz, even though is more talented and skilled in his sports than what Nate is in his.

“$15 million, easy. Easy. I mean, he’s a star right now,” Perez said. "I mean, McGregor can’t even fight right now, he got suspended. And Woodley’s trying to fight everybody. He says McGregor doesn’t want to fight him….He’s naming all these people that don’t want to fight him, you know, because he’s trying to get his name, he’s trying to get up there, and nobody wants to [fight him]. I mean, he’s got the belt. So what? The belt don’t mean nothing anymore. It’s about who you’re fighting to make the money.”

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...ight-Tyron-Woodley-129427#TWsSKxTkdTV8tIOl.99

13476255.jpg

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the MMA cage is slowly becoming the Shark Tank.

Back