Nate Diaz Dropped a Spot in the Lightweight Rankings After Fight With Conor at 170

And Michael Johnson was ranked where? :rolleyes:

Johnson was ranked at #9 by Sherdog before and after his loss to Dariush (he would have been #10 after the loss but Khabib was just removed from the rankings).

At 16-10 in the middle of his prime, Michael Johnson isn't exactly a killer either.

Records don't tell the whole story in mma, you know this. Johnson is much better than his record indicates. Same with Diaz.

Johnson was ranked at #9 by Sherdog before and after his loss to Dariush (he would have been #10 after the loss but Khabib was just removed from the rankings).
Why do you use sherbro rankings instead of UFC rankings?
Does it fit your narrative better?
You know that he was ranked #6 at the actual UFC rankings.

But Pettis and Melendez aren't?

they are, but they haven't looked good at all in the past 2 years or so. Johnson at least has a win over Dariush, even though he was robbed. Also beat Barboza in that time frame.

Why do you use sherbro rankings instead of UFC rankings?
Does it fit your narrative better?
You know that he was ranked #6 at the actual UFC rankings.

Nah, because 3rd party rankings by MMA outlets are more reliable and less biased than the actual UFC rankings. In UFC rankings, Nate Diaz is a #4 ranked LW..... despite not beating anybody in the top 5 in the last half decade.

In short, MMA outlet rankings are done by MMA journalists while the UFC rankings are done by a few journalists and a handful of rock radio station DJs.

5 seems about right to me. He was only higher than that because of fight hype, but he's definitely in the mix of contenders at LW.

Dude, Khabib is STILL n1 and you complain about Nate.

not surprised considering he hasn't fought in the division in over 9 months

A bit high due to his inactivity at lw, this isn't me giving a shit though. The rankings have been questionable since I don't know when.

Nate will slip down the ranks now because the UFC has no more need from him

Back