Naseem Hamed article

You fucking idiot!
19-things-you-didnt-know-about-total-recall.jpg

I hated Hamed. Yeah, he made good fights from time to time but to me, he was just unlikable.

Absolutely agree with the bolded bit and 1 of the reasons why I can’t stand him.
Very good fighter but I just couldn’t stand his arrogance. Cheered for Barrera in that fight even though I usually support home fighters. I think the Barrera fight shot his confidence and he would never have been the same fighter after that loss. He retired at the right time

The drink driving incident just goes to prove what a c*nt this fella is on a personal level, and in hindsight it’s why a lot of people can’t stand him. My mate recently did some work for him at his house and got me a signed photo. He also thinks he’s a c*nt. however, he is one of the best British fighters of the modern era, no one can really argue against that

I remember hearing Emmanuel Steward talking about working with Naz leading up to the Barrera fight. He wasn't training seriously, he'd had tapes of Barrera fights sent to Naz for him to study and when asked if he'd watched them he said he never got them but Steward found out they were sent to him he just never watched them. He just had a shitty attitude about training like his natural skill would carry him through the fight.
Manny also several times said Naz openly ducked Marquez in the late 90s. I don't think he was a fan.

Also, the DAZN commentary team was throwing shade at him during the Usyk Bellew Broadcast when he was talking with Tommy Hearns.
Oh there's Naz, I'm sure he can make Featherweight these days.
He ate himself up several divisions

Vastly overrated. Steve Robinson, Kevin Kelley? Who dat?

The only good boxer he fought was Barrera. All that dancing and clowning around that worked so well against scrubs didn't work against Barrera.

No heart, no fortitude. Retired after losing once.

Hamad is the classic big fish in a small pond.
If you don't know Kevin Kelly, then you missed some fantastic fights from that era. Kelly was an excellent FW for the era. Hamed had a quality resume, he was just an annoying little goblin.

Kelley was in some great fights;

I think he could have beat Hamed worse than Barrera if he stuck to his gameplan, he had heart but also seemed flakey.

I remember hearing Emmanuel Steward talking about working with Naz leading up to the Barrera fight. He wasn't training seriously, he'd had tapes of Barrera fights sent to Naz for him to study and when asked if he'd watched them he said he never got them but Steward found out they were sent to him he just never watched them. He just had a shitty attitude about training like his natural skill would carry him through the fight.
Manny also several times said Naz openly ducked Marquez in the late 90s. I don't think he was a fan.

Also, the DAZN commentary team was throwing shade at him during the Usyk Bellew Broadcast when he was talking with Tommy Hearns.
Oh there's Naz, I'm sure he can make Featherweight these days.
He ate himself up several divisions
Not watching tape of your opponent when its' Barrera is a sure way to get your ass kicked, definitely Barrera I'm sure had been watching plenty of tapes on Naz. Naz had absolutely no game plan going into the Barrera fight, it was just like 'I'll wing it like I normally do'. Barrera, on the other hand, had clearly done his homework and had the perfect strategy on how to deal with Naz. And it ended up looking like Naz didn't have a plan B when it all started going tits up for him and Barrera just had his way with him.

There is a lot of mileage to be had with the fat jokes when you get that big! Nas was one of my favourite fighters but he was very arrogant. But that's why I like to hear his opinions too because he is very outspoken. Like when he told Eubank Jr to retire after the Groves fight.

He is a Jihadist he would chant all that stuff before/after fights.

Back