Naseem Hamed article

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...pateam/ever-happened-prince-naseem-hamed/amp/

Interesting article.

It basically says he was such a douchebag on a personal level people discredit how good he actually was.

I don’t think he was the toughest boxer around but he had incredible skills.

Started at 7 peaked in his early twenties.

His dismantling of Steve Robinson to win a legitimate world title was incredible, squaring up and dropping his hands to his waist - in punching range, several times before knocking him out.

He also had big wins over Kevin Kelley, Tom Johnson who has ranked no. 1 in the weight class from 91-95 by ring magazine, Cesar Soto and Wayne McCullough who had a big amateur reputation.

I don’t think he should be remembered as the greatest fighter or anywhere close to it but even at world level he could do things no one else could do.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pund...pateam/ever-happened-prince-naseem-hamed/amp/

Interesting article.

It basically says he was such a douchebag on a personal level people discredit how good he actually was.

I don’t think he was the toughest boxer around but he had incredible skills.

Started at 7 peaked in his early twenties.

His dismantling of Steve Robinson to win a legitimate world title was incredible, squaring up and dropping his hands to his waist - in punching range, several times before knocking him out.

He also had big wins over Kevin Kelley, Tom Johnson who has ranked no. 1 in the weight class from 91-95 by ring magazine, Cesar Soto and Wayne McCullough who had a big amateur reputation.

I don’t think he should be remembered as the greatest fighter or anywhere close to it but even at world level he could do things no one else could do.

Absolutely agree with the bolded bit and 1 of the reasons why I can’t stand him.
Very good fighter but I just couldn’t stand his arrogance. Cheered for Barrera in that fight even though I usually support home fighters. I think the Barrera fight shot his confidence and he would never have been the same fighter after that loss. He retired at the right time

The drink driving incident just goes to prove what a c*nt this fella is on a personal level, and in hindsight it’s why a lot of people can’t stand him. My mate recently did some work for him at his house and got me a signed photo. He also thinks he’s a c*nt. however, he is one of the best British fighters of the modern era, no one can really argue against that

One of my favourite boxers, shame to hear that he's not a very nice person. Apparently, he was bullying Brendan Ingle which is why they split up but he was never the same fighter without Brendan in his corner so by the time he met Barrera he was already failing as a fighter. Barrera just put the final nail in the coffin. But undoubtedly one of the most talented boxers to ever come from these shores. The power he carried in either hand was staggering.

Absolutely agree with the bolded bit and 1 of the reasons why I can’t stand him.
Very good fighter but I just couldn’t stand his arrogance. Cheered for Barrera in that fight even though I usually support home fighters. I think the Barrera fight shot his confidence and he would never have been the same fighter after that loss. He retired at the right time

The drink driving incident just goes to prove what a c*nt this fella is on a personal level, and in hindsight it’s why a lot of people can’t stand him. My mate recently did some work for him at his house and got me a signed photo. He also thinks he’s a c*nt. however, he is one of the best British fighters of the modern era, no one can really argue against that

His traffic collision was not a drink driving case.

Vastly overrated. Steve Robinson, Kevin Kelley? Who dat?

The only good boxer he fought was Barrera. All that dancing and clowning around that worked so well against scrubs didn't work against Barrera.

No heart, no fortitude. Retired after losing once.

Hamad is the classic big fish in a small pond.

if Hamed was more technical he could have been a ATG

Vastly overrated. Steve Robinson, Kevin Kelley? Who dat?

The only good boxer he fought was Barrera. All that dancing and clowning around that worked so well against scrubs didn't work against Barrera.

No heart, no fortitude. Retired after losing once.

Hamad is the classic big fish in a small pond.

He was one of the most exciting fighters to watch

if Hamed was more technical he could have been a ATG
Perhaps but I also think that him not having a trainer that knew how to make the most of Hameds style was really important in his success. As soon as Hamed started having problems with his founding trainer Brendan Ingle he started to look vulnerable in the ring. When he fought Barrera he had Emmanuel Steward advising him. But the problem is no one had ever seen a style like Hameds before. Steward has his own distinct style of training that was never going to fit with Hameds unorthodox boxing. He needed a Brendan Ingle in his corner to make the most of his style. Without that he was done as a fighter.

One of the best to ever do it.

Anyone who says otherwise just isn't a boxing fan.

Horrible people get remembered horribly.
The Steve Robinson fight looked amazing but Steve had many losses.

Personally, fan for life. Guy pulled some rabbits out of his hat for my entertainment over the years

I'm sorry me opinion differs from yours.

Your opinion is fucking wrong, it doesnt differ from mine, its just plain fucking wrong.

While i dont even think the Robinson win was one of his best, Robinson was a very good fighter at the time, maybe go educate yourself on boxing a little bit before you try and devalue a win against Robinson who at the time was a bad guy to fight

Your opinion is fucking wrong, it doesnt differ from mine, its just plain fucking wrong.

While i dont even think the Robinson win was one of his best, Robinson was a very good fighter at the time, maybe go educate yourself on boxing a little bit before you try and devalue a win against Robinson who at the time was a bad guy to fight
<45>You must be Welsh you fucking mong, Robinson had about a dozen losses on his record, went on a bit of a domestic run then met Hamed, who showed the world he was a domestic level fighter.

I'm sorry me opinion differs from yours.

Ok, so the Y on a keyboard isnt even close to the fucking E.

<45>You must be Welsh you fucking mong, Robinson had about a dozen losses on his record, went on a bit of a domestic run then met Hamed, who showed the world he was a domestic level fighter.

Robinson was a very good fighter, its almost like you trying to claim Nelson is shit because he had losses on his record before he won a world title.

And the mong comment, i guess you are not the most intelligent person i have met online, but i'll give you a pass for that

Ok, so the Y on a keyboard isnt even close to the fucking E.

Robinson was a very good fighter, its almost like you trying to claim Nelson is shit because he had losses on his record before he won a world title.

And the mong comment, i guess you are not the most intelligent person i have met online, but i'll give you a pass for that
Pass lol

Back