Naoya Inoue or Terence Crawford - Who's P4P the best right now?

Who's P4P the best right now?

• Total voters
Easily, Crawford. Are we going to ignore Nery dropping Inoue? That was a BIG knockdown too. Neither have great resumes, but Crawford has a much more complete style.

This type of pirouette knockdown should never happen to a P4P no.1 fighter.

Please, don't waste your time trying to convince me how Stephen Fulton, Paul Butler, Jason Maloney, Rodriguez, Jamie McDonnell are good fighters. He has one impressive opponent on there: Donaire. Who, I think we can safely say, was part his best.

His resume is massively overrated. Filled with unknown, smaller fighters. He weight bullied his way to the top.

That tells you how bad the fighters he was fighter really are.

Narvaez is debatable HOF. Donaire is HOF but was past it by the time he reached Inoue.

Horrible look for a "P4P no.1"

You won't find clips of Crawford or Canelo like this. Canelo got stunned, and Crawford was a bit buzzed in a fight, but both stood firm. Inoue damn near pirouettes and that's because he was off balance throwing a right hand from his hip.

What did Inoue do to you? Lol

This type of pirouette knockdown should never happen to a P4P no.1 fighter.

Crawford has also been knocked down, more than once actually. As have a bunch of other guys who are up there in the p4p rankings

Crawford has also been knocked down, more than once actually. As have a bunch of other guys who are up there in the p4p rankings
Bud's been down more than once? In which other fight(s)? I recall Gamboa staggered him, spaghetti legs and all, but he never went down.

Please, don't waste your time trying to convince me how Stephen Fulton, Paul Butler, Jason Maloney, Rodriguez, Jamie McDonnell are good fighters. He has one impressive opponent on there: Donaire. Who, I think we can safely say, was part his best.

His resume is massively overrated. Filled with unknown, smaller fighters. He weight bullied his way to the top.
we can SAFELY say, was "part" his best??

As always, a garbage list that has never made any sense, but if I had to pick based on overall accomplishments, skill level, etc.

But I can see why American publications would have Crawford first, imagine if you asked this question in Japan.

Now if Usyk wins his upcoming match, he jumps to #1 for me.

1 Inoue
2 Crawford
3 Usyk.
4 Canelo

Crawford has fought 4 times in this decade. He shouldn't even be on the list at all.

lol, and the Spence that Crawford fought was at his peak, I suppose?
They were closer in age and reputability than Donaire and Inoue (who were 11 years apart and Donaire had suffered 6 losses by the time they fought).

Was it an off-balance pirouette knockdown that you would see from a 50th ranked fighter getting dropped?

It cracks me up how many pages are wasted arguing with trolls. Debating with logic and facts is like bringing a gun to a Tupperware party--that's not the point.

Anyhow, I don't think anyone can definitively claim #1P4P right now. If Usyk beats Fury, everyone will say him. Then Crawford beats Madrimov and the cycle continues.

All I know is that Canelo is definitely not the best fighter in the world, despite his delusional claims. And neither is Tank Wahid.

based on that stupid logic.

i guess crawford is also better than ali, duran, pacquiao, leonard too.

get real man.
Candidly, these arguments are getting embarrassing. Yes, in a world where Crawford, Canelo, and Usyk all retired, Inoue would be P4P no.1. Unfortunately for him, those other 3 are active and exist, and not only have more impressive resumes, but are in general better than he is.

P4P doesn't exist.

Luckily the 'pound for pound' best guy and the guy who deserves to be ranked as the actual best boxer in the world are the same guy at the moment: Usyk.

Was it an off-balance pirouette knockdown that you would see from a 50th ranked fighter getting dropped?
Inoue puts a lot more into his punches and has a more aggressive style. Does it leave him more open to be countered? Yes, but it's also part of why he has a much more impressive ko ratio including early kos than these other guys despite being at a lower weigh class which is pretty unheard of. Pacquiao was even more flawed defensively than inoue is. Was he not a p4p #1 caliber fighter?

Inoue. He is clearing out his weight range no one remotely seems capable of stopping him. Crawford is talented. Inoue is scary talented.

He has a case, so do Usyk and Crawford. Canelo might be back in the discussion as he’s got the best resume and he just got his best W since 2021.

On the merits of their talent, i still think Bud is a more talented fighter than Inoue. But Inoue has been far more active and has been consistently stellar, so it's tough to argue he's not P4P #1. The volume of excellent performances is hard to ignore.

Back