Name me a better fighter/more skilled than Overeem

His chin gets exposed so much because his striking defense and movement sucks. He's skilled, but is a total front runner.

And nowhere near the most skilled fighter ever, that a ridiculous.

other than his chin he's by far the most skilled fighter(my opinion)
-best striker in the ufc (former k1 champ.best knee and kick(up there)in the ufc.fast + heaviest hands(ko lot of people with his hand included jds and almost ko werdum,stipe.))
One of the best tdd in the history of ufc(no one able to take him down when he's in hw.include brock and werdum who got ragdolled by overeem)
Best clinch game in ufc (this video explained it all )
one of if not the hardest hitter in the mma history half his wins = either KO or TKO other half = submission.
great bjj(17 by submission)
And he's a HEAVYWEIGHT.
But he can still easily get knockout

sorry, I disagree.
First there's the issue of PED's. Several times over.
Second the fact that he gets tagged way too many times.
in HW, getting submission is not as hard when you have power. You get people dizzy then lock a submission.
That doesn't mean you are a submission wizard, only that you are able to capitalize on your power.

I give you the fact he is powerful.
But IMHO he is not close to guys like Fedor, Cro Cop or Nog (in their primes).

Stipe put him down pretty easy to pound him out.

If his striking were as great as everyone says, he wouldn't have been KO'd so many times in MMA. You can't just say he has great striking and a bad chin, defense is part of striking. He's been KO'd at a pretty consistent rate throughout his entire career.
Let's not forget getting murked by Chuck.

Yeah, about that Stipe fight, I distinctly thought there was a tap in there.

-best striker in the ufc (former k1 champ.best knee and kick(up there)in the ufc.fast + heaviest hands(ko lot of people with his hand included jds and almost ko werdum,stipe.))
One of the best tdd in the history of ufc(no one able to take him down when he's in hw.include brock and werdum who got ragdolled by overeem)
one of if not the hardest hitter in the mma history half his wins = either KO or TKO other half = submission.
And he's a HEAVYWEIGHT.

FedorIceCream_display_image.jpg

Most skilled all around fighters:

HW: Overeem and Werdum
LHW: DC
MW: Mousasi
WW: RDA & Rory
LW: Ferg?
FW: Aldo, Frankie, Lamas
BW: Dillashaw
FLW: Demetrious

I agree with you on the Moose at MW, which makes it even that much more tragic that they allowed him to go. He could easily be sitting on that belt for awhile, but then again, perhaps that's why. He did have his little spat with McG, so perhaps that played a role in that decision making process as well. Who knows, but it was a very bad decision.

What are you talking about he got taken down, knocked down, outstruck and nearly finished by werdum.

Ubereem's chin was better than Cain's - the same guy who got dropped by jabs from Kongo 7 TIMES
He got wobbled 3 times, not 7.

It's debatable if he was dropped. He fell, but his ass or back didn't hit the ground. Many don't consider that a knockdown.
1. Fedor
2. Werdum
3. Big Nog
4. Stipe
5. Reem
Cro Cop, JDS and Cain are clearly ahead of Reem IMO.
Brock went half ass single on him Cmon now
Brock was clearly terrified of getting Unerkneed.

And once he felt Reem's arms closing for the guillotine, he bailed on that attempt super quick.

Reem has always had good TDD when fresh, even when skinny. But he'd often gas and get taken down and pounded out. I think a fresh Ubereem had great TDD. Some of the best.

Stipe took him down without trouble, but Stipe is a real good wrestler, Reem was no longer Ubereem, and Reem may have been somewhat tired.

Most skilled? Clay Guida, after all he is the "carpenter"

Mousasi's the only guy I can think of that's as technically proficient in so many areas. Overeem is just incredibly mentally weak and does not deal well with adversity. You saw it all in the Stipe fight; he clowned Stipe at first, and Stipe was hurt bad, but when he didn't insta-tap to the guillotine, Overeem didn't know how to deal with the adrenaline rush and broke mentally.

Getting knocked out by strikes I've seen most other fighters simply shrug off doesn't help his cause, but it really is a testament to his skill level for a guy to be fighting for Heavyweight championships when a strong breeze makes him do the chicken dance.

I have to agree. If he weren't so chinny and he had better cardio, he'd be an extremely tough fight for anyone. He would probably be the champ right now.

He just got overconfident in a lot of his losses. In almost every fight he ever lost, he was winning the fight then got cocky.

Stipe was almost finished in that fight, if Overeem had G & P him instead of going for the guillotine, Stipe would've been KTFO
So its either bad fight IQ or is guillotine isn't as good as mentioned.

He has one of the best ground games also

Won the ADCC Submission grappling European trials

His guillotine is the single most devastating submission in MMA history, submitted some legends e.g. Vitor with it.

His clinch knee is the single most devastating strike in MMA history (sorry Hendo, Mirko)

On top of his K-1 GP winning striking, his all-time great TDD, and his super ground game, HIS CHIN + CARDIO WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD WHEN HE WAS UBEREEM

Plus his takedowns/offensive wrestling is super underrated.

He KO'd Struve by taking him down and then beating his face in with G & P
Lol he won the adcc euro trials only. It's not like he's Ricardo Arona of Adcc (who btw beat reem both standing and on the mat in pride)

Stipe put him down pretty easy to pound him out.

If his striking were as great as everyone says, he wouldn't have been KO'd so many times in MMA. You can't just say he has great striking and a bad chin, defense is part of striking. He's been KO'd at a pretty consistent rate throughout his entire career.
You actually can say that, though. Even the best strikers get hit a little bit; it's inevitable in any combat sport. Even the best defensive fighters get hit by plenty of punches; in kickboxing, Giorgio Petrosyan has been hit plenty of times, but only KOed once. Mayweather got tagged plenty of times by a debuting boxer like Conor, never mind the times he was tagged by other boxers. The difference is, those small shots that any other top striker would expect to happen and shrug off put Overeem on queer street.

The thing is, Overeem's defense is actually incredibly good, and you could see it in the JDS fight. JDS had him on the fence and was teeing off, but Overeem had a shell that frustrated JDS to the point that JDS just said "fuck it" and backed to the middle of the cage, despite having an incredibly dominant position on Overeem. Look at most of the strikes that hurt Overeem and they don't even land that hard or that clean; Rothwell barely landed on him. Bigfoot Silva's initial strikes in the final flurry barely even touched him. His chin really is that bad to the point that having the greatest defense in the world, of which his is actually quite close to being, won't save him

And he's a HEAVYWEIGHT.

While much of what you said is true, his fight IQ and chin will hold him back indefinitely. In terms of better/more well rounded fighter I could name many, including Holloway, Edgar, MM, Necktatt Cody, El Cucuy, Gunnar, Maia, Whittaker, DC and Cain by a mile.

Back