name a fight where a ufc fighter took significant damage and not enough pay...obvious ones :)

Ron Faircloth was getting beat to a living death but then he kicked Legionarius in the balls

As far as pay is concerned, I'm basically certain Cyborg's skull getting smashed was so terrible that he had to make a gofundme to get it paid for. Corey Smith's leg was fucking bad. Also Mustapha So-Turk getting motherfucking bashed by Kongo.

There's a shitload, this sport is one cruel bitch.

As far as pay is concerned, I'm basically certain Cyborg's skull getting smashed was so terrible that he had to make a gofundme to get it paid for. Corey Smith's leg was fucking bad. Also Mustapha So-Turk getting motherfucking bashed by Kongo.

He didn't his wife started it, and he was actually upset that she did because he said he didn't need the money. He ended up giving it to charity.

I just remember the commentator saying something like "Orlando is so quick and so clever, he's gonna be out of this real soon..."

Nekt minit, head drilled into the mat by multiple elbows.

Pretty loud thuds as well

Pretty loud thuds as well
Oh yeah, it was jackhammer-like. I think that was when I fell in love with the sport. Pudgy, friendly grappler dude smashes muscular kickboxer dude.

Awesome.

Maldonado vs Glover. No amount of money is worth tha beating

Oh yeah, it was jackhammer-like. I think that was when I fell in love with the sport. Pudgy, friendly grappler dude smashes muscular kickboxer dude.

Awesome.

My friends older brother tried out for the first ufc this super fat bastard didn’t make it but turned us on to the ufc. We were In elementary school and I’m 37 now.

There was nothing better than a new ufc from blockbuster every month or so.
Great times

I recall Frank Mir was paid $45K to get his head smashed in by a real-life Chaos Marine (Bork Lazer) in a Heavyweight title fight and the main event of UFC 100.

I remember staring at the screen in disbelief and utter disgust when the disclosed payouts were released.

Total gate of $5,000,000+, 1,600,000 PPV buys and a mere ~$1,800,000 in purse payouts.

If you look at this through the lens of relativity, i.e. the physical risk you were asked to incur (climb in a steel cage with a slavering steroid guerilla) vs. what the UFC made vs. the profile of the fight and event vs. what you were paid... it HAS to be the worst.

Fucking. Insane.
He probably got like 500K behind the scenes bonus. Just like carwin did against Lesnar and Rory did against Lawler. But yeah there are no guarantees of the bonus and nowadays they pretty much don't exist anymore.

My friends older brother tried out for the first ufc this super fat bastard didn’t make it but turned us on to the ufc. We were In elementary school and I’m 37 now.

There was nothing better than a new ufc from blockbuster every month or so.
Great times
Was quarterly to start with. I'm just a little older than you and started watching in '97 when I was 18 and could rent the videos. I agree, was hanging out for them after a few months waiting for the next one.

Every local video store had their copies of UFC 1 stolen so I've never seen it. 2 was the first one I watched and never looked back.

Adam milsted didn't get paid enough to fight Curtis Blaydes
I don't care if he got a mill
It looked ridiculous and he left with one leg

Was hard to watch

Was quarterly to start with. I'm just a little older than you and started watching in '97 when I was 18 and could rent the videos. I agree, was hanging out for them after a few months waiting for the next one.

Every local video store had their copies of UFC 1 stolen so I've never seen it. 2 was the first one I watched and never looked back.

2 was also the first one I watched. I don’t think the first one existed
For a while as I never saw it available to rent either.

I recall Frank Mir was paid $45K to get his head smashed in by a real-life Chaos Marine (Bork Lazer) in a Heavyweight title fight and the main event of UFC 100.

I remember staring at the screen in disbelief and utter disgust when the disclosed payouts were released.

Total gate of $5,000,000+, 1,600,000 PPV buys and a mere ~$1,800,000 in purse payouts.

If you look at this through the lens of relativity, i.e. the physical risk you were asked to incur (climb in a steel cage with a slavering steroid guerilla) vs. what the UFC made vs. the profile of the fight and event vs. what you were paid... it HAS to be the worst.

Fucking. Insane.

I'm pretty sure Frank Mir got PPV points and a "locker room bonus" of a million dollars that he was pretty open about.

f1ighu.jpg
dm9q2d.jpg
qssgsm.jpg
4hsdxv.jpg
993wgx.jpg

Liddel took the beating of a lifetime from Rampage Jackson when UFC entered him in the Pride FC tournament.

He didn't his wife started it, and he was actually upset that she did because he said he didn't need the money. He ended up giving it to charity.

Yes, she did start the GoFundMe account but they were no longer husband and wife at that time.

Al Turk Total Disclosed Pay:$7,000

For Cheick Kongo to smash his face in with GNP

Most Sherbros are on 100k+ a year. We make more than a lot of UFC fighters.

Back