name a fight where a ufc fighter took significant damage and not enough pay...obvious ones :)

Mike Pierce Vs Paul Harris

Pierce was on a 4 fights wins Streak, Rousimar basically ended His career.

Fck That dirty mofo

Leonard Garcia

was it against Roger Huerta when he took that epic ass whoppin?

Dong Hyun Maestro Kim vs that Mexican cat

Scott Smith took some serious beatings in his very short career. Look up any of his fights.

Scott was in some spectacular fights. Wins and losses. His ko of drago was amazing.
He had a knack for getting hurt and still getting the ko

What do you reckon Herrera made vs Gary Goodridge? Or Orlando Weit made against Remco Pardoel?

Good times.

I remember watching ufc 2 as a kid and thinking Orlando weit may be the monkey style black guy in blood sport.

No mention of Chris Leben?

That dude took as much punishment as anyone.

JDS wasnt paid enough for the beatings from Cain and Stipe.
Rory vs Lawler 2, him is probably the worst case.

NOT UFC but whatever

365EB92A00000578-3694715-A_digital_scan_of_Evangelista_Cyborg_s_fractured_skull_above_and-m-6_1468794566432.jpg

I dont know how much (original) Cyborg made but it's not enough....

What do you reckon Herrera made vs Gary Goodridge? Or Orlando Weit made against Remco Pardoel?

Good times.

Paul Herrera only made 1k against Big Daddy...for what I gathered, Frye made 50k, Goodridge 10k and the others only 1k for their fights...

Shane Carwin made $50k disclosed vs Brock?

Edit: was thinking of JDS fights where he got f'd up. Doubt he made much and too busy to look it up

Fred Ettish. Got beaten to death nearly, all for $1k

Fabio Maldonardo took home 11k after being beaten to shit by Teixeira

I recall Frank Mir was paid $45K to get his head smashed in by a real-life Chaos Marine (Bork Lazer) in a Heavyweight title fight and the main event of UFC 100.

I remember staring at the screen in disbelief and utter disgust when the disclosed payouts were released.

Total gate of $5,000,000+, 1,600,000 PPV buys and a mere ~$1,800,000 in purse payouts.

If you look at this through the lens of relativity, i.e. the physical risk you were asked to incur (climb in a steel cage with a slavering steroid guerilla) vs. what the UFC made vs. the profile of the fight and event vs. what you were paid... it HAS to be the worst.

Fucking. Insane.

Eugenio Tadeu...vs Mikey Burnett and don't even fucking know how much he made. That shite was dope

Gideon Ray he took a fight with David Loiseau on four days notice after Joe Riggs had pull out of UFC 51 got a broken jaw and a few cuts for like $2,000

I remember watching ufc 2 as a kid and thinking Orlando weit may be the monkey style black guy in blood sport.
I just remember the commentator saying something like "Orlando is so quick and so clever, he's gonna be out of this real soon..."

Nekt minit, head drilled into the mat by multiple elbows.

Back