My bank has eliminated tellers

Brom Bones

Where's that little soy boy, bitch Ichabod?
@Black
Reaction score
I go with Capital One, a solid bank. Not as good as Washington Mutual (RIP), but way better than Chase or Wells Fargo. I just wish they had more locations.

A year or so ago, I stopped by to deposit some cash and there's this hipster guy that meets me and explained they don't have tellers anymore and I'd have to use the ATM machine to do all transactions. Ok. But I went back and they had the tellers back.

I figured they figured out people like dealing with an actual person, or at least the option. So last week I stopped by a different branch and there was a different hipster to tell me they didn't have tellers.

Now my issue with this is that they only have 1 fucking machine, so you have to wait for others, and some of these people are slow. And I like talking to people. It gives me the satisfaction of popping sarcastic jokes.

Anyway, it made me sad that our world is heading to a fully automated society. I do like ordering kiosks at fast food joints because it lessens mistakes, but for banking, I don't like it. How does everyone else feel about this?

Automated robot bankers

Wait until they start getting robbed by robot robbers :eek:

Automated robot bankers

Wait until they start getting robbed by robot robbers :eek:
latest

How did you come across enough cash that you needed to deposit it? Are we talking tens of thousands?

So, what is supposed to happen if you need a certified check, or rolls of quarters, or to exchange bills?

There are plenty of banking options, I honestly would switch banks.

You can't even buy a fucking plum without having to fight a fucking robot now adays

So, what is supposed to happen if you need a certified check, or rolls of quarters, or to exchange bills?
There's people who can do that, they're just not standing there waiting for you. You need to talk to the hipster guy. They're basically encouraging you to DIY.

How did you come across enough cash that you needed to deposit it? Are we talking tens of thousands?
Yeah, it was like 4Gs. Felt a little weird inserting that into a slot.

Never saw a bank teller who would appreciate a sarcastic joke.
Everyone (ok, just about) enjoys harmless jokes to brighten up a boring, monotonous day. I remember back when Brock vs. Cain was going down and I talking to like the branch manager about how that fight was basically the whites against the Hispanics.

Just wanted to see if he'd go full racist on me. He stayed fairly professional, but let me know with a wink and a nod he was feeling me.

I don't think you'll see the majority of banks doing this. Business accounts do not want to be handled this way, especially ones that have cash. Furthermore, cross selling is a huge part of banking.

The Credit Union at my college did this.....18 years ago. We may end up with most banks there at some point, but I don't think we are anywhere close. My company has accounts at two banks that require us to go in, and the foot traffic + drive through traffic is heavy.

Everyone (ok, just about) enjoys harmless jokes to brighten up a boring, monotonous day. I remember back when Brock vs. Cain was going down and I talking to like the branch manager about how that fight was basically the whites against the Hispanics.

Just wanted to see if he'd go full racist on me. He stayed fairly professional, but let me know with a wink and a nod he was feeling me.

Never ever spoke with any people besides my friends about MMA...

Bank tellers are expensive to employ. If you want less fees, just use the ATM for the mundane tasks.

I can’t remember the last time I visited a bank in person! Isn’t it mostly old people that lack social interactions that go to banks and withdraw cash to pet food?

Its strange for sure. I went into a local branch to use the bank machine, as the street facing one was lined up.

I walked through the bank and saw small offices, an internet lounge where you could use PCs to bank, then I realized there was no tellers.

Back