MW is low-key the most stacked division in UFC

Come on, these comparisons lack merit considering the context. Are we really going to compare Anderson Silva fighting Brunson, Izzy, Hall and Canonier post 2017 after being in the UFC for 11 years and fighting since 1999?? The Canonier fight that ended in injury, I see you even brought up the DC loss for Anderson lol....a fight he took on 2 days notice when DC had a full camp. Robert was at his absolute best and prime during the fights he had with them. You gotta consider context in these situations.
I completely agree. The SIlva that fought those guys wasn't the same.

I made that post to point out the stupidity of @chinarice post by using that same logic to discredit Whittaker. Losses to DDP and Izzy magically made all his other wins irrelevant when it supported their position.

Then when I pointed out that Whittaker and Weidman shared so many common opponents with Whittaker beating everyone Weidman lost to, they doubled down and said 2x wins over Silva means Weidman is higher no matter what.

SIlva lost fights. It didn't overide his previous accomplishments. Read the full context of the posts.

Stopped reading at Khamzat is a beast, MW is bum solely because of him.

No. Context to you is irrelevant. Weidman fought during the same eras as Whittaker.
They have multiple common opponents with Weidman losing to all of Whittakers wins except Gastelum.
Whittaker beat everyone besides DDP and Izzy. He did this during 2 generations of MW.
Weidman's only 2 wins during this time are against WWs who moved up and both fights he barely made it through.

Weidman had success early and then got destroyed when the strikeforce MWs all came across.
He wasn't on their level.

This is all stuff you tried to say against Whittaker without realising Weidman was actually in a much worse position.
Context is completely lost on you. Completely.

Context is completely lost on you. Completely.
Why? because I pointed out Whittaker sufferred a major knockout against Izzy and then went on to continue racking up top 5 wins unlike these other 2? Silva gets a pass because of longevity with his streak, but Weidman doesn't. He was fighting all these guys at the exact same time as Whittaker was. Weidman even looked good against them until he got finished in most fights.

Weidman just wasn't that guy and couldn't make it through the MW division as all the top MWs came across from Strikeforce.

Just admit that you didn't realise how many common opponents Whittaker had wins over. That's all this really is.

Don't agree that Whittaker is #3 all-time at MW but other than that, I agree. MW is quite underrated here

Even the current MW champ is very underrated
Just curious why you think Sean is underrated? He beat Izzy, I’ll give him that. But aside from that win his resume isn’t all that impressive.

Stopped reading at Khamzat is a beast, MW is bum solely because of him.
He’s one of the best wrestlers/grapplers in the whole UFC, he has great offensive striking with legitimate one shot KO power. The only things he needs to improve is his pacing and striking defence

It's up there but for me it's BW at the moment.

Sugar, Aljo, Merab, Cejudo, Yan, Sandhagen, Song, Umar, Font, Martinez, Chito, Simon, Lapilus, Basharat, Munhoz, Henry, Gutierrez, Kyler, Said.

i like Whittaker but he gotta be the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport, dude defended the belt ONCE in a split-dec and people wanna put him at #3 in MW all-time rankings

Weird take. They actually have common opponents in Yoel, Jacare, Hall, Gastelum and Tavares. Rob beat all of them, while Chris lost to all of them except for Gastelum.
Beating the shit out of Silva twice trumps the whole list, he also beat Machida. Not sure Whittaker gets through either one. Also he knocked out Hall in the pre-UFC days.

Only Izzy, Whittaker, Dricus, Strickland and Khamzat are contenders.

Out of those only Izzy is a bone fide superstar who was lording over this division only recently. I think he got a little stale. Khamzat could be quite easily be (a superstar).

Whittaker was great but got destroyed by an up and comer. - Dricus who looked phenomenal against Rob who was well and truly spanked:

Strickland is an unknown quantity against the absolute best bar 1 fight against Izzy who was dog shit.

With Izzy out for now you’ve got Dricus, Strickland and Khamzat and then a bunch of has beens/middle of the roaders.

Id take BW, FW, LW and LHW over MW. Hell even HE got interesting recently.
You're seriously putting LHW over MW right now... Really? <{walkerwhut}>

LHW is shit right now.

Yes it's going to be rough when those guys get into the top 10 area bo is going to wrestle everyone and khabib the division

I definitely have The Chris over Robert.

I believe he beat a few guys that I believe would have beaten Hobbie
Id put luke rockhold over too and maybe even bisping shit

Rochold has beaten
Jacare
Kennedy
Jardine
Weidman
Machida
Bostch
Bisping
Branch

Why is everything “low key” or “sneaky”?

Anyone can look at the top ten and see it’s stacked. It’s not a secret or a controversial opinion.

Oh now all of a sudden it's stacked? But when Izzy was champ all yall did was discredit it when he damn near cleaned it out?? Lol

MW is better than FW? Weird to say but it honestly looks like it. LW is another one that's historically been stacked but you look at it now and it doesn't look as stacked as it did in previous years. The top of the division is obviously great but once you get to #5 Chandler and beyond it's not all that stacked.

That ranking isn’t correct at all. It heavily favours wins as champion and basically neglects loses that come after that. That’s why they have BJ Penn as top10 GOAT, which is ridiculous.

I said that it’s weird take, because you that the guys Chris beat would beat Rob, when in reality the opposite is actually true

Unless someone is going to retire in their prime, like GSP, "losses after that" is an inevitability in the fight game. It's how you learn you no longer have it. I don't put a ton of weight on it as far as legacy. It literally happens to the best ever.

Back