MW is low-key the most stacked division in UFC

PFL doesnt even have MW division. Same as ONE, or barely
MW is also one of the shallowest divisions in Bellator

There is very little talent at MW outside of the very elite
I’m talking UFC only

We got:

Izzy and Whittaker are #2 and #3 greatest MW’sof all time, both still in their prime too.

Strickland is most likely among top10 all time best boxers in UFC history. Very well rounded as well

Dricus is awkward, but extremely dangerous everywhere and he has that dog in him.

Sky is the limit for Khamzat, he’s a beast.

Cannonier, Vettori, Costa, Dolidze and Hermansson are all very well rounded tanks.

Brendan Allen is one of the best BJJ wizards in whole of UFC. Paul Craig isn’t far apart too.

Fluffy Hernandez is a beast too.

But her comes the crazy part. Just look at the list of names currently not ranked yet:

Bo Nickal, Ikram Aliskerov, Joe Pyfer, Muniz, Michel Pereira, Shara, Caio Borralho.

Usman
might stay at MW too.

I honestly don’t know another division that is this deep right now. It’s crazy that someone like Rodolfo Vieira isn’t even in the top30 of the division.
Low-key that's a based opinion fam. Literally, at the end of the day, it is what it is bruh.

lol Anderson Silva would murk Robert Whittaker. Whittaker's run is matchups that are good for him. Who are all these great strikers that Robert beat? Cannonier?

He barely and arguably lost to the great Darren Till who showed he wasn't even UFC calibre. Absolutely murked by Izzy, murked by a WW, handily loses to an average WW. Arguably lost to Romero, never fought Moose who had a great chance of beating him too.

Machida would have probably KTFO Robert too. I wouldn't have been surprised if that Vitor that Weidman beat also KTFO'ed Whittaker.

The prolonged numerous minute beating Weidman took against Rockhold with no ref stoppage changed him forever.

LOL at the ghost of Vitor. He was just starting to come off TRT when he fought Weidman but ok.

Robert also just finished getting murked by the great Diamond Dallas Page, who was getting lit up by the great Derek Brunson.....

Talking about losses Tavares when this guy should be retired after having one of the most gruesome injuries in MMA....

Anderson SIlva and WHittaker never fought because he couldn't put himself back into position to justify a fight against WHittaker. In his Prime sure, but Weidman caught SIlva at the end of one of the greatest streaks in MMA. Who cares if Whittaker might have lost to Anderson? Anderson was beating every single person he fought.

Darren Till is still a good striker, he just has a hole in the ground game.

He got KO vs Izzy in one fight and took him to a close decision in the next, which many thought he actually beat Izzy, murked by a WW being Wonderboy who is still ranked to this day.

He didn't lose to Romero, he physically altered the state of his face forever in their fights. Romero didn't even make weight for one of their fights and still lost. He didnt fight Moose because he left. Who cares, because Weidman got destroyed by these guys when he fought them. Whittaker never fought them, but beat everyone else that Weidman was out there losing to so even if he also lost, he comes out ahead.

Here is the Vitor that Weidman fought...

Here he is during the TRT era...

He isn''t even the same guy and still had major success against Weidman on the feet. He is back on TRT now and looking like the old Vitor.

Just accept it. Weidman had a great run of 3 wins but overall his resume sucks at MW and he got a shot because Anderson had beaten everyone else already. He capitilized on that shot and got 2 wins over him and then caught Vitor at his worst and then had a good win of Machida in his MW debut. From there he went 2-7 with Whittaker beating 4 of Chris's losses.

The stark contrast between Weidman fighting and losing to Tavares at the end of his career and WHittaker destroying him at the start of his MW career is telling of how their careers went in the UFC.

Whittaker was the number 2 guy during its most stacked era. Chris went 8-7 during that same era if I include all his wins in the UFC to stack it for him.

Whittaker comes out on top, no matter how you look at it.

Anderson SIlva and WHittaker never fought because he couldn't put himself back into position to justify a fight against WHittaker. In his Prime sure, but Weidman caught SIlva at the end of one of the greatest streaks in MMA. Who cares if Whittaker might have lost to Anderson? Anderson was beating every single person he fought.

Darren Till is still a good striker, he just has a hole in the ground game.

He got KO vs Izzy in one fight and took him to a close decision in the next, which many thought he actually beat Izzy, murked by a WW being Wonderboy who is still ranked to this day.

He didn't lose to Romero, he physically altered the state of his face forever in their fights. Romero didn't even make weight for one of their fights and still lost. He didnt fight Moose because he left. Who cares, because Weidman got destroyed by these guys when he fought them. Whittaker never fought them, but beat everyone else that Weidman was out there losing to so even if he also lost, he comes out ahead.

Here is the Vitor that Weidman fought...

Here he is during the TRT era...

He isn''t even the same guy and still had major success against Weidman on the feet. He is back on TRT now and looking like the old Vitor.

Just accept it. Weidman had a great run of 3 wins but overall his resume sucks at MW and he got a shot because Anderson had beaten everyone else already. He capitilized on that shot and got 2 wins over him and then caught Vitor at his worst and then had a good win of Machida in his MW debut. From there he went 2-7 with Whittaker beating 4 of Chris's losses.

The stark contrast between Weidman fighting and losing to Tavares at the end of his career and WHittaker destroying him at the start of his MW career is telling of how their careers went in the UFC.

Whittaker was the number 2 guy during its most stacked era. Chris went 8-7 during that same era if I include all his wins in the UFC to stack it for him.

Whittaker comes out on top, no matter how you look at it.

Again, we can agree to disagree. The 2 Silva wins will always be better than any win Whittaker has

Again, we can agree to disagree. The 2 Silva wins will always be better than any win Whittaker has
Lol, you argue with everyone up to the point you’re proven wrong and then play the “agree to disagree” card. Just admit you’re wrong and move on

Lol, you argue with everyone up to the point you’re proven wrong and then play the “agree to disagree” card. Just admit you’re wrong and move on
No that's not what's happening. That's cute though. Lol

Silva has been beaten by:
Bisping, DC, Arguably lost to Brunson, Izzy,Cannonier and Hall.

Whittaker beat Brunson, Cannonier and Hall.

Sure it was post prime and they were still great wins, but Whittakers resume absolutely destroys Weidmans no matter how you look at it at MW.

2 wins over Anderson whilst great, doesn't equate to multiple ranked wins across 2 generations that Whittaker has. Whittaker has only just taken a loss to someone not named Izzy at MW. Weidman ran that same gauntlet and got destroyed multiple times.

I reckon Whittaker gets by Silva to be honest. Silva would slip his way into a headkick or Whittaker could adjust it into a body kick with no concerns about the wrestling threat from Silva.

Silva has been beaten by:
Bisping, DC, Arguably lost to Brunson, Izzy,Cannonier and Hall.

Whittaker beat Brunson, Cannonier and Hall.

Sure it was post prime and they were still great wins, but Whittakers resume absolutely destroys Weidmans no matter how you look at it at MW.

2 wins over Anderson whilst great, doesn't equate to multiple ranked wins across 2 generations that Whittaker has. Whittaker has only just taken a loss to someone not named Izzy at MW. Weidman ran that same gauntlet and got destroyed multiple times.

I reckon Whittaker gets by Silva to be honest. Silva would slip his way into a headkick or Whittaker could adjust it into a body kick with no concerns about the wrestling threat from Silva.
Whittaker gets highlight reeled by Silva.

The ghost of Anderson Silva did better against Izzy than prime Whittaker did.

Whittaker gets highlight reeled by Silva.

The ghost of Anderson Silva did better against Izzy than prime Whittaker did.

Yeah and Whittaker did better than Weidman and Silva vs all their common opponents, but apparently that wasn't good enough before.

Pick a position and stick to it. My position is supported by actual fights. Yours isn't.

145 is the most stacked imo. MW isn't bad by any means but it doesn't really hold up to featherweight.

Most people don’t even know who the 145 champ is let alone other fighters lol

A division that nobody knows exists can’t be stacked

Yeah and Whittaker did better than Weidman and Silva vs all their common opponents, but apparently that wasn't good enough before.

Pick a position and stick to it. My position is supported by actual fights. Yours isn't.
Context to you is not relevant , that much is clear. Again, you don't have to agree with me. I wasn't trying to change your opinion.

You're not changing mine though, sir.

Most people don’t even know who the 145 champ is let alone other fighters lol

A division that nobody knows exists can’t be stacked

This argument for a guy with thousands post in a mma forum is pretty sad.
LW is not more nor less stacked because Paddy Pimblett happens to be popular. Nor WW because of CM Punk. Its justa deeply retarded argument

Our most recent FLW title fight, and our upcoming FLW title fight, both feature two BJJ black belts who are additionally elite strikers

Meanwhile, pretty much all the middleweights besides Khamzat and Bo Nickal just "aren't into" grappling

At least with O'Malley, he had to beat an elite grappler in Aljo to win the 135 title, but Izzy only had to get past Brunson

Come on, these comparisons lack merit considering the context. Are we really going to compare Anderson Silva fighting Brunson, Izzy, Hall and Canonier post 2017 after being in the UFC for 11 years and fighting since 1999?? The Canonier fight that ended in injury, I see you even brought up the DC loss for Anderson lol....a fight he took on 2 days notice when DC had a full camp. Robert was at his absolute best and prime during the fights he had with them. You gotta consider context in these situations.

Context to you is not relevant , that much is clear. Again, you don't have to agree with me. I wasn't trying to change your opinion.

You're not changing mine though, sir.

No. Context to you is irrelevant. Weidman fought during the same eras as Whittaker.
They have multiple common opponents with Weidman losing to all of Whittakers wins except Gastelum.
Whittaker beat everyone besides DDP and Izzy. He did this during 2 generations of MW.
Weidman's only 2 wins during this time are against WWs who moved up and both fights he barely made it through.

Weidman had success early and then got destroyed when the strikeforce MWs all came across.
He wasn't on their level.

This is all stuff you tried to say against Whittaker without realising Weidman was actually in a much worse position.

Back