MVP is basically a clean 170 Anderson Silva

I'd like to see him in the UFC. He's exciting to watch, and there are far worse fighters on the roster right now.

19-4 David Rickels got flatlined by a cracked out Melvin Guillard, who hasn't had a decent win since 2011.
Did they didn't last night? Haven't seen that bellator card yet. Before rickels he was fighting guys that they pulled out of the audience. I like the guy's style, I just want him to challenge himself more

People keep comparing him to Anderson for no other reason than he is a tall, skinny, black striker.

But their striking styles are significantly different. MVP is closer to Rory than to Anderson.

Last edited:
People keep comparing him to Anderson for no other reason than he is a tall, skinny, black striker.

But there striking styles are significantly different. MVP is closer to Rory than to Anderson.

Although ironically I think MVP is actually much closer to the Matrix hype than Silva was, Anderson worked more via mind games forcing opponents to break mentally. Page I think actually has a lot more boxing ability than Silva ever did, he really can slip and counter against opponents who aren't ultra sloppy ala Forrest.

Really for me Anderson's success was actually much more down to the classic Chute Boxe tactics, just a tough bastard who could stay in fights, survive on the ground and hand out a massive beating standing that few opponents chins could stand up to, this is what beat Franklin x 2, Hendo, Nate, etc. Not sure Page has that side of him, I think its Matrix or bust.

Fucking bizarre comparison.

Jones spent ten minutes ragdolling a guy who was a perennial top 10/15 LHW in his second UFC fight with barely a year of MMA training under his belt when he was 21.

Page is 31 and his been fighting Bellator for five fucking years at this point. Not to mention the fact that he had an extensive amateur kickboxing career before starting MMA.

Calling him an "up and coming" prospect is more ridiculous than when people were still unironically claiming that Erick Silva was just a green fighter after all of his losses.
I guess you don't read so good. In never called him an "up and coming" prospect as you have wrongly quoted me as saying. I called MVP "impressive," and I compared it to the same way I called a young Jon Jones "impressive" years ago. You said in your original post "are we supposed to find it impressive," and I say emphatically "YES". I am not saying Caveman is a top level guy, buy he is a good, tough fighter who has fought many good tough fighters. He is a professional fighter who has trained to fight for a long time. MVP made him look like a 4th grade kid fighting against a pro fighter. You not finding MVP's performance impressive is "FUCKING BIZARRE".

19-4 David Rickels got flatlined by a cracked out Melvin Guillard, who hasn't had a decent win since 2011.

He also beat Davi Ramos the guy on a 2 fight streak currently in the UFC,also beat Piccolotti ....

Did they didn't last night? Haven't seen that bellator card yet. Before rickels he was fighting guys that they pulled out of the audience. I like the guy's style, I just want him to challenge himself more

Ricky Rainey (current UFC ww)
Nah-shon Burrell(vet of Ufc,Strikeforce)
Fernando Rodriguez
David Rickels

These 4 fights are his most legit the rest were actual cans but these 4 were good opponents,not elite but not cans.

That being said he needs a ranked opponent next there really is no other option.He has 1 fight left with Bellator will be interesting who they give him and how much they throw at him to keep him in bellator.

iirc ando used to fight at 170
silvasakurai.jpg

I thought the Shooto weight was 167?

@phisherman just watched the fight. Fucking rickels quitting like that, shameful. How do you market that guy after that.

I'd like to see mvp get tested in the UFC against top 20 guy.

Ricky Rainey (current UFC ww)
Nah-shon Burrell(vet of Ufc,Strikeforce)
Fernando Rodriguez
David Rickels

These 4 fights are his most legit the rest were actual cans but these 4 were good opponents,not elite but not cans.

That being said he needs a ranked opponent next there really is no other option.He has 1 fight left with Bellator will be interesting who they give him and how much they throw at him to keep him in bellator.
0-1 in the UFC
1-1 in the UFC
0-0 in the UFC
0-0 in the UFC

A bit soon to compare him to Anderson Silva. Silva looked that good fighting guys that spent most their career in the UFC like leban and Forest

FFS Pointing out that Guillard is 2-11 (2) since the time that he was last considered a top 10 LW isn't MMA math. It's illustrating the reality that the guy is clearly on the downside of his career.
Lol @ trying to spit logic to @surgeyou1

Ain't never gonna happen

0-1 in the UFC
1-1 in the UFC
0-0 in the UFC
0-0 in the UFC

A bit soon to compare him to Anderson Silva. Silva looked that good fighting guys that spent most their career in the UFC like leban and Forest

Please show me where I say MVP is like silva......

I was merely highlighting the best wins of his career because he hasn't fought just cans,but lpointed out he needs to fight elite competition...

Also being UFC caliber doesn't mean shit these days fighters outside of the top 15 rankings are interchangeable ....lets be honest Silva had some cans fed to him too lol.

its gonna be funny when eh fights a decent grappler i bet you get gets subbed within 45seconds its gonna look like a amateur mma show when a guy gets taken down hes not even a blue belt in jiu jitsu

You’re right, Anderson spent a lot of time avoiding wrestlers too!

MVP is on a 9 fight Bellator win streak, he is 13-0 overall, and is 31 years old.
When will he fight a top contender (even by Bellator standards)?!?

Please show me where I say MVP is like silva......

I was merely highlighting the best wins of his career because he hasn't fought just cans,but lpointed out he needs to fight elite competition...

Also being UFC caliber doesn't mean shit these days fighters outside of the top 15 rankings are interchangeable ....lets be honest Silva had some cans fed to him too lol.
That's the name of this thread. Settle down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back