Must-Buy 3DS Games?

You picking it up, Jumpy? Record Breaker had me hyped a while back, but now for whatever reason, I'm kind of indifferent about it. Maybe its because I got stuck at the final act of Overclocked.

For TS: If you want more than just 3DS game mixed in your recommendations:

Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (coming out this month.)
Dragon Quest 5.

My personal favorite for the best RPG on the 3DS: Shin Megami Tensei 4.
I need to play Overclocked first. I have DS:SH and SMT4 that I need to finish as well. :(

Might not be a good idea to play these during lunch break not knowing when next save point will be.

Suspended software FTW. I play MH4U on my lunch break without any problems.

EDIT: I forgot that you can't suspend DS games so just close the lid lol.

Super smash bros is great, but like another poster said, its not needed if you have a wii. But if you dummy have a wii, it really is a fantastic game. It's one game Nintendo rally hits out of the park. The only nit pic I have is it would be nice if your shield was weaker. But other than that is just a great game to play. My favorite fighting game ever.

Pokemon games are fun after you beat them and start really training for online. The actual games pretty much suck though. Same story as always, super easy. Basically pointless to play for the most part. But yea, if you like online battling, its fun. Takes A LOT of work, but fun.

Fire Emblem Awakening is fun. It's a bit repetitive, a bit basic, but fun.

Last edited:
Are there any wrpgs for 3ds that I'm unaware of? Mostly see jrpg games, which I do enjoy but are a bit too cutesy at times.

Super Mario 3D Land is quite enjoyable as well! The "additional challenges" kind of drop the ball, but the first eight worlds are marvelous.

Are there any wrpgs for 3ds that I'm unaware of? Mostly see jrpg games, which I do enjoy but are a bit too cutesy at times.

The short answer is "no." There are a couple of more action based games like Rune Factory 4, but they're all Japanese.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 is definitely not cutesy though :)

Is Chronos Trigger on the 3DS? I missed this one back in the day and I've heard it's amazing.

Playing on 3DS might be the way to play now.

I don't think there are any must-own 3DS games unfortunately. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the definitive versions but it's hard to say those are must own if you've played them before. A Link Between Worlds is the closest thing. Smash Bros. is also very good but I'd rather play the Wii U version.

I loved the DS but the 3DS lineup is lacking.

It gets a little repetitive during the middle there but the story is good throughout and I enjoyed the little changes throughout the chapters with the side battles personally.

Like I said, some may not enjoy the repetitiveness but I think the game makes up for it with the changes to the world's storylines and changes to battles and such. I can't wait for the sequel to be localized here. It just came out in Japan about a month ago.

It's not really a question of not liking the game designs repetitiveness or whatever, it's just that the closing chapters were crap. No two way about it really, that's pretty much a universally held opinion by people who liked the game. Including me, because I did like the game a lot up until the end.

It's not really a question of not liking the game designs repetitiveness or whatever, it's just that the closing chapters were crap. No two way about it really, that's pretty much a universally held opinion by people who liked the game. Including me, because I did like the game a lot up until the end.

I don't think it's universal at all. There are plenty of people who enjoyed the closing chapters. The main complaint I've always seen with the game was the repetitiveness in the middle chapters.

DS so yes.

Ok, this well crafted post motivated me to quick action

Ventured to the local GameStop, and there laying proudly amoung its $2 and $5 counterparts was Chronos Trigger, set above the others for $27 ($25 w membership).

And bought it anyway. The clerk said the price had risen lately because it was $20 not long ago. Probably sensed a victim entering the premises

Didn't care. .. Time beat the shit out of motorized robot gato for 15p

Resident Evil DS.

The clerk said the price had risen lately because it was $20 not long ago. Probably sensed a victim entering the premises

It's the same price on Amazon so don't feel bad. It's totally worth it, anyway.

So for now I ordered:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
&
Fire Emblem: Awakening

Gonna pick them up from Target on my way home from work. I'd like to get a few more but I wanted to keep the $ reasonable. Together $65.

Say goodbye to your social life. :p

Peeta_Waving.gif

World ends with you was one of my favorite games of all time. Great story, great gameplay, replayable over and over again. So sad a sequel never came out, if any game deserved one it's that one.

Back