Must-Buy 3DS Games?

Frylock

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
SO I have a 3DS that has been sitting in a drawer at home for a while and I'm thinking of starting to take it into work to play at lunch.

I'm looking to get a game or two to celebrate. Here is what I have ( I realize most of these are regular DS games):

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest V
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokemon Y
Radiant Historia
The World Ends with You
Maybe one or two more I can't remember

So - What are your favorite games? Which ones do you consider must-haves? What do you recommend that I don't have?

Thanks in advance!

A Link Between Worlds is excellent, probably my favorite 3DS game.

Right now thinking about getting one of (maybe multiple):

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

All these RPGs makes it hard for me to narrow down to 1

Last edited:
A Link Between worlds is a must
Majoras Mask is excellent
Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Resident Evil: Revelations

Bravely Default
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Bravely Default is the way to go. You won't regret it.

I only have 4 3DS games and I like thema ll alot.

Animal Crossing
Pokemon X
Super Smash 3DS

Super Smash 3DS might be pointless though if you have a Wii U, and since it relies on Wi-Fi to do online battles you might get shitty connection if your access point doesn't have strong 2.4ghz speed. I've probably dumped the most time into Animal Crossing.

Bravely Default
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Xenoblade is exclusive to the New 3DS, fyi.

Eh, I guess the first half of the game is good.

Xenoblade is exclusive to the New 3DS, fyi.

Whoops I'll have to take that off my list.

What game do you recommend?

Whoops I'll have to take that off my list.

What game do you recommend?

FE:A, SMT4, LoZ:ALBW/MM, any of the pokemon games, MH4(although I only have 3U).

If you had to choose between MH4 and FE:A?

Eh, they're different types of games. Depends on what you're looking for. FE has story elements that are important, plus the tactical RPG combat ala Final Fantasy Tactics. But MH4--which I assume is very similar to 3--is definitely more combat and crafting based. So which ever type of gameplay appeals to you more is what I'd say go for. Personally, I've played more FE:A than MH3U.

Etrian oddyssey untold, forgive my spelling

The demos for both FE:A and MH4U should still be on the eShop.

Give them a try.

Bravely Default

Hell no. Fire Emblem is excellent while Bravely Default basically shits it's pants during the last third of the game. Without spoiling it for the TS, seriously look up the reviews. I don't know what the game devs were thinking, but I was enjoying that game up until it did that.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is excellence through the whole game. The only other game on the 3DS that is on par with it is Link between worlds. Those are the only two on the system that I really think are must haves.

It gets a little repetitive during the middle there but the story is good throughout and I enjoyed the little changes throughout the chapters with the side battles personally.

Hell no. Fire Emblem is excellent while Bravely Default basically shits it's pants during the last third of the game. Without spoiling it for the TS, seriously look up the reviews. I don't know what the game devs were thinking, but I was enjoying that game up until it did that.

Like I said, some may not enjoy the repetitiveness but I think the game makes up for it with the changes to the world's storylines and changes to battles and such. I can't wait for the sequel to be localized here. It just came out in Japan about a month ago.

I've seen Fire Emblem thrown around a bit, so if you like tactical/strat RPGs I'll readily suggest Project X Zone. It's a Capcom/Namco/Sega mash-up. I've logged over 100 hours on that game, and that is just on a straight play-through. I can't suggest it enough.

Also, if you've never played the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games I readily suggest them. The original three are available via digital download, and the latest (Dual Destinies) is only available in the States as a download.

The sequel is coming out soon too, or is out already.

You picking it up, Jumpy? Record Breaker had me hyped a while back, but now for whatever reason, I'm kind of indifferent about it. Maybe its because I got stuck at the final act of Overclocked.

For TS: If you want more than just 3DS game mixed in your recommendations:

Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward.
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (coming out this month.)
Dragon Quest 5.

My personal favorite for the best RPG on the 3DS: Shin Megami Tensei 4.

All Dragon Quest. All Zelda. Might not be a good idea to play these during lunch break not knowing when next save point will be.

Back