Multiple Threads Recently Deleted from Grappling Forum **UPDATE**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some mod want to explain why my sig was edited to remove http://www.lloydirvinrapetruth.com/ ? This is a sourced webpage (reputable sources, including local news coverage) that lists the facts surrounding a figure in the martial arts community as well as the facts regarding two of his students in a rape case.

It's content is not libelous, and it continues because the owners do not have the same lack of backbone that the owners of Sherdog do to spread the truth about the afforementioned man. The content is no different than recent posting of links to Thiago Silva's recent actions, arrest and the speculation surrounding it all.

With the UG doing this right away, and Sherdog now chosing to eliminate this, what is the most active forum discussing this now?

With the UG doing this right away, and Sherdog now chosing to eliminate this, what is the most active forum discussing this now?

threads about this aren't removed by mods on /r/bjj, but they do eventually fall off the front page. there's a post on the front page right now about mateo training women in nyc though.

Yeah I assumed. We actually had some extended discussions in those deleted threads of his legal threats to other sites and several practicing lawyers actually commented that he had no case to pursue and that attempting to litigate these cases would be extremely expensive for him and he'd still likely lose in court.

The threats are empty, a feint. And sherdog has caved to them.

#LloydIrvinrape

sure, but i can see why the site owners would rather solve the problem and not get dragged into litigation and then have to try to recoup legal costs or worse (lose).

Bullshido will never cave. I'm head of BJJ investigations there, I promise you that.

But, it's true- If Sherdog was not moderating by censoring, it would be immune from liability for the stuff posted by members on the forums here.

PURPLE / Adult / Male / Feather
Ad Astra
nicholas schultz

I'm going to have a hard time not saying something.

Can I just say that I am disgusted by this action and as a paying member I will no longer contribute any funds to this site that is now basically run by rape apologists, the work of many posters in the grappling forum with regards to the offenders was spot on and something to be proud of, I can't believe just how gutless the owners of this site have become. I will make sure to inform all my platinum friends some of which don't go in the grappling forum of exactly what is happening and why I will no longer be a paying contributer in the hope that they may follow my lead.

Honestly didn't think Sherdog would cave.

It is of course never to late to retract the bullshit decision.

There is no cause to censor the discussion to begin with, so there is no cause for maintaining the censorship going forward.

Legit lmao at how easily the owners of a mixed martial arts forum folded. Bunch of tough guys

Massive douchebag and rape apologist Reed Shelger is also signed up.

If you're a campus security officer, you're going to want to skip the Houston Open.

What did Reed Shelger do? He's actually in my division -_________-

*Sigh* I can understand the frustration from many of the posters in here, but as stated before - this is a privately owned site/company and it is their choice.

Sure the claims/lawsuits may be 'weak standing' at best, but when confronted with legal action, regardless of the claims it still takes money to defend yourself (from these said 'weak standing' claims)

While I might not like or agree with the decision that has been made, I can respect the POV that the parent company has and is taking on this matter.

I would hope that people can grasp this as well. Just because your claims might be bogus, its gonna cost me time and money to prove just that. I dont think they have the time/resources to deal with that. Let it blow over people, its not the end of the world. And its definitely not the end of MMA and the discussions that come with it.

What did Reed Shelger do? He's actually in my division -_________-

Well, besides defending Schulz (a buddy of his, apparently) pretty adamantly on the FB post of a student at his gym (Reed is the co-owner) he also has some a history of assault from his time at John Hopkins.

In the early morning of Jan. 21, Shelger had allegedly been involved in a fight at P.J.

This is pretty disappointing.

I will wait to see how this develops but it will probably make me reconsider posting here and reupping my plat.

Fucking pathetic Crave.

Absolutely beta level shit to cave to legal threats.

"Blah blah blah cost money to go to court..." Have a backbone. Stand up for what's right, Lloyd's case will get thrown out of court faster than you can say "Rape choke."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back