Multiple Threads Recently Deleted from Grappling Forum **UPDATE**

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh* I can understand the frustration from many of the posters in here, but as stated before - this is a privately owned site/company and it is their choice.

Sure the claims/lawsuits may be 'weak standing' at best, but when confronted with legal action, regardless of the claims it still takes money to defend yourself (from these said 'weak standing' claims)

While I might not like or agree with the decision that has been made, I can respect the POV that the parent company has and is taking on this matter.

I would hope that people can grasp this as well. Just because your claims might be bogus, its gonna cost me time and money to prove just that. I dont think they have the time/resources to deal with that. Let it blow over people, its not the end of the world. And its definitely not the end of MMA and the discussions that come with it.

I'd like to comment on this from the perspective of someone who knew about Lloyd's 1989 case since about 2010 and chose to cover it up like everyone else was doing:

This is exactly the same reasoning why we covered it up in the first place -- Lloyd would get mad, he might try to sue, it was a long time ago, it's not the end of the world, just let it blow over...

I mean what could really happen by letting it go? Nothing bad could happen. That rape was over 20 years ago. Obviously nothing like it will ever happen again.

Then a bunch of stuff just like it happened again, and we ended up here.

So does this mean we can not at all discuss Lloyd Irvin's previous run in's with the law due to his alleged rape in 1989. What about DJ Jackson's prior charge of sexual misconduct? Is Schulz and Maldonado's sex crimes also off limits for discussion?

Just when I was thinking of buying a membership because I thought I'd be spending more time here.

Now, not a chance.

It can't be libel/slander if the statement is true. Nor can pure OPINION (as opposed to a statement of fact) be construed as libel. I'm disappointed that the owners of Sherdog backed down on this one, it was an empty threat, literally as valid as someone threatening to sue the site for deleting their posts.

Can I just say that I am disgusted by this action and as a paying member I will no longer contribute any funds to this site that is now basically run by rape apologists...

that's quite a leap

Well that just sucks and it is the same reason I stopped going to the UG forums. It is a shame when people so close to martial arts don't stand up for what is right.

I have not heard of a single lawsuit actually pursued by Lloyd Irvin for this kind of stuff. He wouldn't have a case and it is probably illegal for his lawyer to represent cases with obviously no legal merit.

Thanks for caving in and good luck.

I'm simply the messenger, and this is beyond my control.

I'm not taking sides on this, not saying anyone is right or wrong. It's just how it is, and this is the decision that Crave Online is making until further notice.

I understand and see why anyone would be frustrated with the decision, and I'm sorry to be the one to bring this forward, but for the time being, this topic can not be discussed on this site. If you feel strongly about this topic, then unfortunately the only option I can suggest is to look for other venues to discuss it in.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, but this is the call that's being made for the time being.

** Update **

There will be one thread in the Grappling sections where this topic can be discussed. Keep the comments in that thread only going forward, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back