multi-level marketing Gimmicks

I would have left immediately... and un-friended anybody on facebook whom sent me some of that crap. I have a family member who got so wrapped up in herbal life that she quit her job, and spent all of her $$ opening up a herbal life store... only to go bankrupt and lose her house a couple of years later. Even while in the process of losing everything, she would still spend what little money she had traveling all over the country to these "events". ... which were really just hype jobs to convince her that if she just holds on a little longer, then she will strike it rich like somebody they know did!

Fortunately these kind of schemes are easy to spot for anybody with 1/2 a brain. Any time that recruiting new "down stream" members is more important than selling a product, then it is a pyramid scheme.

I have block several people on facebook already I really hate it when they also spam those websites where they earn money per "clicks" and would PM with something like this.

"Good day Sir check out my website and click one of the adds it wont cost you anything just help out a friend"

And that is from a classmate from middle school.

Another reason why I think Facebook is useless this days I only stay because my relatives from far away can contact me there anytime.

And about pyramyding schemes and about your family member that is just sad I guess some people got really tired of their old Jobs and want to take some risk but again there are some risks worth taking.

Maybe for some people they see it as a "way out" from their monotonous hi-stress jobs this days.

And yes you can spot those scams easily sometimes they could not even explain properly what they are selling? or what are their "products"

Although today they are getting clever some would even bring lap tops and show you pie charts,graphs and all those business models etc,

I guy I used associate with suckered me into some convenient for "business people" which turned out to be one of those fucking pyramid schemes. Only 400 bucks to join!!! Then everybody got pissed at me when I didn't join.

man i hate when people try to sell me shit. my friend hit me up all like "hey man i'm gonna stop by for a little bit." i thought he just wanted to hang out, he shows up, gives me a beer, busts out laptop, starts trying to sell me life insurance which i already have.

I lost a friend over that. He just wouldn't take no for an answer and we had words.

man i hate when people try to sell me shit. my friend hit me up all like "hey man i'm gonna stop by for a little bit." i thought he just wanted to hang out, he shows up, gives me a beer, busts out laptop, starts trying to sell me life insurance which i already have.

I hate it when they put you on the spot like that like they treat you like other customers thinking you are one gullible old fart.

They should ask you first on the phone or maybe E-mail you something.

I hate it when they put you on the spot like that like they treat you like other customers thinking you are one gullible old fart.

They should ask you first on the phone or maybe E-mail you something.

yeah, could've saved us all some time by just asking if i had life insurance over the phone

My dumb ass brother in law is currently involved in a pyramid scheme. He buys coffee from someone higher up in the pyramid and then he tries to recruit people under him to buy it from him and sell it to people below them. It's a pretty classic pyramid.

If you look at his company's website, it's all about how you can get rich without going into specifics of the business model. Total scam.

http://www.ganolife.us/

The hilarious thing is, if you watch the video on their homepage, they literally build the pyramid right in front of your eyes starting around 3:50.

And about pyramyding schemes and about your family member that is just sad I guess some people got really tired of their old Jobs and want to take some risk but again there are some risks worth taking.

It is really scary how zombie like/culty that they become also... I mean, despite her finances spiraling out of control downwards and creditors trying to knock down her door... she was constantly posting on facebook/etc about how amazing the products were, how awesome it was to be a "business owner" and not have to work for anybody, and the amazing income that the company provided for her.

Despite my wife and I telling her it was an awful idea at pretty much every step along the way... and having inside information about how much financial trouble she was in, she was still fully convinced riches were just around the corner and that we should "get in" while we could. It was like she had became a total crazy person.

I had a good friend fall into Primerica. it's "multi-level marketing" for health/life insurance.

I went to a few meetings to humor him, but it really did come off like a cult.

We honestly had a speaker in one of our professional development classes come in to talk to us about investing from primerica. FUCKING LOL. I guess the prof who ran the class didn't look into it and was pissed when it was all over.

When I was in high school I sold cutco knives. Idk if its MLM technically because it doesn't make you bring in others I don't think, but i didn't do it for very long. They are good legit knives though.

My dumb ass brother in law is currently involved in a pyramid scheme. He buys coffee from someone higher up in the pyramid and then he tries to recruit people under him to buy it from him and sell it to people below them. It's a pretty classic pyramid.

If you look at his company's website, it's all about how you can get rich without going into specifics of the business model. Total scam.

http://www.ganolife.us/

The hilarious thing is, if you watch the video on their homepage, they literally build the pyramid right in front of your eyes starting around 3:50.

Matt, this thread is about gimmicks, not trolling.

Now I need to talk to my girlfriend maybe the guys who invited her screwed her pretty good?

Hahahahaha

She was complaining that they did not buy her drinks now I realized its not that bad.

But seriously inviting some one into an expensive restaurant for your marketing scheme and not even offer a drink is really classless.

a teammate of mine tried to recruit me to amway. I could tell it was BS from the start, how he was saying buzzwords like "3 hours of work a week" and his whole speech was just obviously canned

he invited me to smoothie king for his presentation, and when they asked us if we were together or separate he was the one that said separate. I wasn't expecting him to pay for my drink but at the same time if you're going to try and get me in your bullshit scam for making money at least try and give proof that you have the money you pretend to make

I had a friend who got into a ponzi scheme and tried to recruit me and other friends. He said he'd have a beach house of his own by the end of the year. I just laughed in his face but later on felt kinda bad for him.

I mean...I have an MBA where I had to take advanced courses in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, marketing, etc. Plus I've been working in business for 20 years. And I'm looking at this levels, structure, compensation chart or whatever you want to call it from my brother in law's company and it looks like nonsense that someone just made up. It's like...the scientology of business or something.

http://www.ganolife.us/mywebsite/site_templates/ganolife006/assets/dox/BonusPlanOverviewEng.pdf

I mean...I have an MBA where I had to take advanced courses in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, marketing, etc. Plus I've been working in business for 20 years. And I'm looking at this levels, structure, compensation chart or whatever you want to call it from my brother in law's company and it looks like nonsense that someone just made up. It's like...the scientology of business or something.

http://www.ganolife.us/mywebsite/site_templates/ganolife006/assets/dox/BonusPlanOverviewEng.pdf

Hahaha Ganolife

I thought it was pronounce as Gay-No Life.

Aside from being a scam another bad thing about this so called Multilevel marketing groups is the promotion of laziness a bad influence to the youth now some people genuinely believe you can make a descent living by just working 3hours a day.

I had a good friend fall into Primerica. it's "multi-level marketing" for health/life insurance.

I went to a few meetings to humor him, but it really did come off like a cult.

Lol, I restructure mortgages for a living and saw Primerica on a borrowers tax returns today, she's made a grand total of about $200 since 2011 - I wonder what that breaks down to an hour?

Lol, I restructure mortgages for a living and saw Primerica on a borrowers tax returns today, she's made a grand total of about $200 since 2011 - I wonder what that breaks down to an hour?

approximately $0.0064/hr

She should have worked more hours :icon_chee

I am a tax professional and I see these scams several times a year. The are happy because they can write off a business trip to Anaheim and go to Disneyland. I try to explain that they still have to pay for it and it is only a deduction and not a dollar for dollar credit. I am surprised that they cannot see through the BS and they pay thousands of dollars in inventory and start up fees but moan when I cahrge them for the extra forms on their return. They are also very unorganized and have no clue about the tax laws. The people selling the programs offer incorrect advice.

Back