multi-level marketing Gimmicks

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So I received a text message from my long time college buddies and they invited me to a sort of get together at a hotel like a reunion with my other college friend

So after a few minutes of some chit chat about what we have been up to with our lives since leaving college, they started talking about MULTI- LEVEL MARKETING

At first I thought that he was just talking about his job and stuff but it seems they only invited me so they could sell their shit to me.

It is really annoying since I already know what they are up too and they are just looking for more investors to their "group".

They all sound like any other multi-level marketing agent like showing how good their lives are and how one of their colleagues got "rich".

After a few days my girlfriend told me that her high school friend did the same thing to her invited her to a party only to offered some partnership in some dubious Marketing scheme.

And just a few days ago another one of my colleagues from college who has never contact me since like 10 years ago suddenly sent me a PM in Facebook talking me into joining in Multi level marketing just of the bat.

kinda disrespectful since he just posted a short canned message to he probably sent to all his friends in Facebook and a link to their crappy website.

To his credit he is being honest with his intentions unlike some of those "friends" who invites you to a party just to sell you "things and stuff".

27zdqmx.jpg

So I am wondering is this kind of thing prevalent where you live? I have cousin in who lives in SoCal and they have the same gimmicks liek they would even bring one person who got "rich" sort of as a testimony how could their business works.

coulda been worse...coulda got to the hotel then got roofied and then had some non consentual buttsex...

actually, listening to a pyramid scheme is probably worse.

did they pull out their laptops when trying to explain everything to you?

dont fall for da trap. i know a friend who got sucked into a pyramid scheme through family and church friends. its sometimes hard especially for ppl too close to the source to tell legitimate businesses from scams. this particular pyramid scheme involves massive recruitment and requires each "agent" to pay for classes so theyll have the knowledge to meet with clients and help them manage their assets and income. agents get paid on commission and the more agents they recruit, the more money the original agents make. no college education is needed to be recruited as an agent

"At first I thought that he was just talking about his job and stuff but it seems they only invited me so they could sell their shit to me. "

This actually made me laugh out loud

Yes lol the old pyramid scheme. I know a few friends who are apart of wake up now. But back in the day a friend tried to get me into quickstar.

Ever notice these "companys" only ever sell energy drinks? I guess they have to have one product of thier own to stay on the right side of the law.

I watched a bunch of youtube videos of people withdrawing money to prove it was real lol.

coulda been worse...coulda got to the hotel then got roofied and then had some non consentual buttsex...

actually, listening to a pyramid scheme is probably worse.

did they pull out their laptops when trying to explain everything to you?

Now I need to talk to my girlfriend maybe the guys who invited her screwed her pretty good?

Hahahahaha

She was complaining that they did not buy her drinks now I realized its not that bad.

But seriously inviting some one into an expensive restaurant for your marketing scheme and not even offer a drink is really classless.

Make money by buying things you already buy on a daily basis at huge discounts online!!!!!

I have a family member who is way into this shit and it drives me nuts. It's like the person gets infected with a virus and they won't leave you alone or take no for an answer. I even SHOWED them online where if you google the company, the first suggestion is "scam" and they signed up anyway.

A guy I worked with at a warehouse back in 1999 was into a MLM style business that sold groceries and other household goods. He was cagey about his new opportunity but then he opened up about it by staring off into the distance and talking about how he was going to retire in a few years while still making money, his daughter would never have to work, her children would never have to work etc.

He asked me "wouldn't you like to never have to leave your house? Do all your shopping online, everything you want comes to you, and you can enjoy your life. That's how I'll get rich, the Internet is the way of the future. Internet shopping"

All he had to do was get people working for him, and a little bit of their earnings would go to him as they got more people under them. In his mind the entire world would be kicking up to him, forever.

Pretty sure he still works at the warehouse and that he lost custody of his daughter.

besides beach body, is there a single mlm that does work? every time someone i know tells me how great something they get involved in is, i tell them to remind me in 6 months. of course their response is that in 6 months, the prime opportunity to join will be gone. in other words, the people involved in the scam are telling them they must act now!

dont fall for da trap. i know a friend who got sucked into a pyramid scheme through family and church friends. its sometimes hard especially for ppl too close to the source to tell legitimate businesses from scams. this particular pyramid scheme involves massive recruitment and requires each "agent" to pay for classes so theyll have the knowledge to meet with clients and help them manage their assets and income. agents get paid on commission and the more agents they recruit, the more money the original agents make. no college education is needed to be recruited as an agent

Yes they charge a fee and its not just some fee it could cost up to $300 or more.

I have a class mate who is in dire need of college tuition he tried applying in different burger joints but there where no vacancy or he did not qualify.

So one day he was asking if he can borrow some money from me like around $200. So I ask him what its for, he told me it was a placement fee for some Job he is applying for.

I said WTF you need to pay the company before they hire you? So I ask him to explain what the heck is going on.

He told me that its like an investment and that his Job would be to recruit other people to join in the scheme and he later even beg me to join so he can get a commission.

I told him its a fvcking scam and he should find a Job elsewhere I told him the only legit Job I know that needs a placement fee are recruitment agencies for overseas workers who charge a certain amount for their processing fee etc,.

I would have left immediately... and un-friended anybody on facebook whom sent me some of that crap. I have a family member who got so wrapped up in herbal life that she quit her job, and spent all of her $$ opening up a herbal life store... only to go bankrupt and lose her house a couple of years later. Even while in the process of losing everything, she would still spend what little money she had traveling all over the country to these "events". ... which were really just hype jobs to convince her that if she just holds on a little longer, then she will strike it rich like somebody they know did!

Fortunately these kind of schemes are easy to spot for anybody with 1/2 a brain. Any time that recruiting new "down stream" members is more important than selling a product, then it is a pyramid scheme.

besides beach body, is there a single mlm that does work? every time someone i know tells me how great something they get involved in is, i tell them to remind me in 6 months. of course their response is that in 6 months, the prime opportunity to join will be gone. in other words, the people involved in the scam are telling them they must act now!

I see what you did there.

Not one mlm scheme works. Only for the people at the very top.

My old man took an early redundancy and went into MLM. Has made 6 figures (plus cars paid for, OS trips etc) for decades, now basically retired and collecting residual income.

The basic principal is sound and makes a lot of sense.

Not all strawberries and cream, mind you.

Now I need to talk to my girlfriend maybe the guys who invited her screwed her pretty good?

Hahahahaha

She was complaining that they did not buy her drinks now I realized its not that bad.

But seriously inviting some one into an expensive restaurant for your marketing scheme and not even offer a drink is really classless.

Happened to me too. Guy pretended to know me from long ago. I met him at panera, and he didn't even buy me a drink. Really, you are rolling in money, yet you can't treat a potential investor to a tea?

I'm making a little money in an affiliate program that is mlm. Actually, I just lied, because I'm putting more into advertising than I'm getting back at the moment. It's paid me for years though.

I was desperate for a summer job (18 in 1990) and got sucked into Selling Cutco Knifes. So ashamed, it embarrasses me to this day. I read the ad in the newspaper and showed up for the interview. Amazing! I was immediately hired and was training that day! Yay!

I distinctly remember the "partner" who happens to drop by at some point during the training. Acting like he was just returning from making a sale.

Trainer asks him, "Hey *****How did you do today?"

"Great, Sold $700 to my last customer. Going to make $200 in commissions. Too Easy! $1,000 so far this week and it's only Wednesday"

Wow, I thought. This is great!

To get started, I had to buy $150 worth of knives for a start up set... Sucker

I managed to harass my family and some of their friends for a few weeks until I gave up.

My grandparents bought a complete set. Seeing those Cutco knives in the their kitchen was like a badge of shame. I felt like Ralphie in the Christmas Story, wiser to the world and one step closer to being the cynic and skeptic I am today.

I never asked my Grandparents about those knives... they never said much about them. Grandma would sometimes comment how nice the knives were. A little part of me died each time.

Fortunately they were decent knives

I've had so many people try to sell me on the ACN video phone, it's crazy!

Now I laugh, because my iphone does that AND I can keep it in my pocket.

MLM's are for suckers.

My sister tried to rope me in on her Amway crew. Kept emailing me about investing in her "business."

I said send me a business plan and I'll look it over. I got an Amway website link instead. SMH.

Back