Media Muay Thai master is impressed with GSP's performance + Q&A

GSP better shave his head to hide gray hair, instead of dyeing his hair with that cheap brown color that makes him look like a 50 year old who doesn't accept growing old
And what is wrong with not accepting that you are old? I'm in my 50s and can still date youngish hot chicks because like GSP, I maintain myself and don't turn into a wrinkled fat old fart (GSP gets better chicks than me, but that is not a fair comparison). If I accepted that I was old, life would not be much good.

Daily Geritol rejected, onward and upward for GSP (and myself of course)

The accidental head kick at 0:35 of the first youtube vid - lol

So great to GSP still training, learning, etc. - GOAT

good to see the ole legend is staying active. will always be my favorite fighter, past present or future.

And what is wrong with not accepting that you are old? I'm in my 50s and can still date youngish hot chicks because like GSP, I maintain myself and don't turn into a wrinkled fat old fart (GSP gets better chicks than me, but that is not a fair comparison). If I accepted that I was old, life would not be much good.

Daily Geritol rejected, onward and upward for GSP (and myself of course)
There's nothing wrong unless you start to put on your hair the color that you had in your twenties

GSP is a true warrior and his was the last fight I paid to see.

GSP bless
Good to see how fit and passionate he is about martial arts even many years after retiring
A true legend of the sport
I agree. If you take into account how an athlete acts both inside and outside of the octagon, GSP is the GAOT. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. If you take into account how an athlete acts both inside and outside of the octagon, GSP is the GAOT. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed.

He is the epitome of the humble martial arts master, the perfect representative of the sport.

GSP's mental game deserves a lot of credit for his consistency. That part gets left out when describing how well-rounded he is (per Sonnen, 'the most complete mixed martial artist you will ever see'). He worked with a sports psychologist to improve his mental game.

At least two more.

I think he would have fought Hendricks smarter the second time around. I don't know how well Woodley would do against him, it would be close, but a focused GSP would win.

Although I think he would beat him, but a 2015 fight against Wonderboy would be interesting. I think GSP might try to stand with him, just to test the waters, which could lead to an exciting fight.

Woodley was powerful but very gunshy and had terrible movement. He relied on strength and power. His striking was based around big looping hooks. I think GSP would have picked his shots very well and used Woodley's explosiveness to counter with the double.

Prime Usman is more interesting, because he was more technically sound but also way bigger. It would have been difficult, but GSP is still the superior fighter. He has better jitz, better hands and feet, movement, speed, and fight IQ. I actually think Colby would have been just as hard and arguably harder.

As for now, he is too old, and lacks the size or recovery to find consistent success. He is also not even as large as he was competing at WW, let alone MW.

Back