Muay Thai Gyms in Thailand

Libr8r said:
anyone been to JITTIS??

Not myself but i know some guys who staid there for a long time. Wery good training and folow up. Only thing is its in Bangkok. If you want to combine training with vacation, beach and fresh air, I think there are other places just as good.

Koh samui has been mentioned, I hear great stuff about this gym and Im going there myself: http://www.wmcmuaythaicamp.com/

eateer said:
I live in thailand and fight muay thai. I have been here 18 months, I speak thai and have a very good knowledge of the area here. Don't beleive everything you here about the nightlife, most western people only see what all tourists see. Theres allot more..

Very well said. I live in Thailand now and couldn't agree more. Tourist areas are a bubble and Thais are actually really conservative in general.

TO those that say you'll get ripped off, you have a better chance of getting ripped off in the US. It's safe if you follow basic principles layed out in a good guidebook, safer than the USA. I've never had anything stolen in the 3 years I"ve been here.

Im currently in Bangkok, training at Kaewsamrit Gym. Home of 4 time Rajadamnoen 135 pound champion, and current WBC champ, Anuwat Kaewsamrit. Check out www.kaewsamrit.com for more info. I have been out here for about 3 1/2 weeks, will be out here for maybe 3 weeks more. Its a great camp with awesome trainers and a great atmosphere.

Close to Bangkok, but not in Bangkok proper. Removed from the touristy areas and the seedy nighlife of Patpong and Sukhimvit. If you want to train really hard and are not worried about being a little removed from the nightlife then Kaewsamrit is your camp. It is however a short cab ride to the back packing haven of Khao San road, so there is some nighlife there.

I went to Koh Samui and Koh Phangnan and I doubt anyone can get training done there its fucking way too beautiful and upbeat to get anything done there, lol.

i trained in phucket for abot six months,i had to go home for family issues,i will be going back this august

I trained in Phuket, but ignored the nightlife. I think I got special attention because of that. They took me seriously because I wasn't some foreign goofball looking to screw around. I never left the facility and got some real good training in.

Then again, I live in Vegas so that kind of thing wasn't new to me...

If your going to go all the way to thailand to train, i would think your focus would be on the training and not finding some whores, you can find them anywhere. If finding chicks is your biggest priority, I wouldnt worry. I have see some of the ugliest dudes with some of the prettiest girls over there. Be careful though, you dont want your dude falling off because of some unhealthy girl. I do agree that while training it would be nice to be in a nice area so on your off time you can see some of the sights or beaches. i just posted a blog asking basically the same question not seeing that you already asked it.

###.usmta.c*m/Website-Directory-Frame.htm scroll down to " Thai camps" find many great camps. I stared at camp for 3 months in 2000 trained twice a day for 4 hours each session. Wouldn't trade for a million dollars. when I left camp with 4 days before returning to USA I experiened "Physical Massages" from many BEAUTIFUL Thai women. What a great time and Great Life experience. If you want an " REAL" Experience stay away from "cyber cafe's and air conditioning rooms " Live like the Thai's and sleep on mattress on floor, share room with 5 other people, then you can really say I trained in MUAY THAI with THe Thai's

x2468 said:
My friends older brother went here http://www.prapamuaythai.com/ and said he also considered Rawai Muay Thai. this is how he described it to me: "Both gyms are in Phuket. Basically it comes down to this -If you want to do Muay Thai, get fit, meet some cool people, and enjoy Thailand, go to Rawai Muay Thai. If you want to become a fighter, go to Prapa Muay Thai. Its a small gym, but its for fighters. You'd be hard pressed to find better trainers than the ones at Prapa"

that was his testimony

I just came back from there. Awesome trainers and not too full. Mostly Foreigners who fight locally. The trainers are amazing and you will learn so much its insane. The training staff include lumpini champions so you know its a good deal.

Hey Viper, which gym did you train at? Any info would be great, thanks!

user_anton said:
Hello, well I am going to be going to Thailand during the summer.... I am very confused on where I am going to train.

At the same time, I want to experience a fun nightlife in Thailand.

What I like about Tiger, is that I can hire a female to company me through my trip.

Thanks guy, I really appreciate it :icon_conf

I, personally, wouldn't even think about buying a hooker in Thailand. The AIDS/STD and Trany problem is just too much for me to deal with, besides, I want to devote my time to training.

But if you do decide to buy some a$$, here is something my friend told me.

If you want a woman for the night get a "Bar-Girl" You have to pay a "Bar Fine" which is around $10.00, but you get the insurance that if anything happens you can go back to the bar (Madam/Pimp) and get your money back. After you leave the bar whatever you and the Ho decide to do, is extra.

its so funny how any conversation on muay thai in thailand eventually turns to ladyboys and hookers. I am not sure if its worth mentioning but there are allot of normal thai people here who have normal familys and normal jobs. A few weeks ago i met james thompson here and I posted that on sherdog and by the time it got to the second page the only thing anyone wanted to talk about was ladyboys...... its not like its a big problem here, there are "ladyboys" in every country in the world the diffrence is here its social exceptable to be open about it. Unless you are blind or completly retarded you can usually spot them. I am kinda confused about what the big deal is. I am not a exceptionally good looking guy but i have never paid for sex here before.

I lived in Thailand and trained in Chiang Mai for almnost a year.
People have this outlook on Thailand before they ever get there. They think that there are hookers on every corner and drugs every where. You will find out when you get there....

GrapplersGuild said:
For those of you who want to get good, not screw whores (two opposite directions there) you are welcome to come down and train with us.

We have a different appoach to training.

www.myspace.com/grapplersguild

Your camp looks pretty hardcore, do you accept total beginners? I am VERY interested in becoming a Pro MMA fighter, but as of yet, I don't have much MMA experience.

TigreDeBengala said:
I was at Tiger Muay Thai in the summer.

The guy that runs it is an american from Ohio called Sean. Amazing fighter, great guy and good teacher. He also has 3 top thai trainers there and a ring and a caghe and offers BJJ as well as Muay Thai. Its located on a rubber plantation.
For nightlife and girls you need to go to Pattaya which is 30 mins away in a cab and full of naughty girls, hookers and every other sin Thailand is famous for.

Gym is great.

If you want the nightlife go to a gym in Bangkok.

Sean is no longer at TMT, but down the street at his own gym, <a href="http://www.tigerptt.com">Chalong Chi</a>. I would strongly recommend against going to TMT if you are serious about training and ring up Sean. I recently came back from a 6-week stint in Phuket, spent 4 weeks at TMT, and left with 10 other members to Sean's gym. If you want horror stories, just ask...

Sounds like you are advertising for the gym down the street from Tiger Muay Thai.
Tigermuaythai is one of the best gym is Thailand much less Phuket.
If you left it was probably because you didn't like training that hard. It is hardcore every session.
Incredible trainers. First Class Gym. Lowest prices on Phuket. I checked before I went.

This is what makes these forums bad. People giving bad advice or even lying to advertise their gym.

I went to Tiger Muay Thai. Exactly opposite. I know 3 people that left the other gym and came to Tigermuaythai because they had 1 trainer and bad management.

www.tigermuaythai.com if you want an exceelnt time training at a great Muay thai camp. And they also have an MMA program

Go on...get mad

Sean is no longer at TMT, but down the street at his own gym, <a href="http://www.tigerptt.com">Chalong Chi</a>. I would strongly recommend against going to TMT if you are serious about training and ring up Sean. I recently came back from a 6-week stint in Phuket, spent 4 weeks at TMT, and left with 10 other members to Sean's gym. If you want horror stories, just ask...

I'd like to hear some of those "horror" stories

They have never had 10 people at tigerpitt even when you count the trainers. what a lie.
Can you say advertising.
checkout the message board at Tigermuaythai for a good idea of what the camp is like.
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb
Horror stories: Sounds like the what you have done is made up a story crystae.
I trained at Tiger and DISAGREE with you 100%.

Good more time for me to train with Nazee and the other trainers at TMT which were the best Ive ever trained with

I had a pretty bad experience at Sitpholek Gym in Pattaya Thailand. Trainers focused way too much on their name fighters. I understand their has to be a balance and these guys make the name for the gym but for my time and money I'll go somewhere else next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back